IGNORED

England Cricket

KevinC

but for One dayers- we're crap.

We are a much better test squad, however, i think we'll lose quite badly, 4-1 i think.

The other thing that people are missing is that Aus are pretty crap themselves.

We've got a damn good chance if we have the bowlers healthy.

The other thing that people are missing is that Aus are pretty crap themselves.

We've got a damn good chance if we have the bowlers healthy.

Media quotes about Harmison being homesick are hardly encouraging. He always sounds like a sick note, yet he has ability,

England have been dismal in one-day cricket for some time. Our one-day performances have been worsening over the last few years while the Test performances have improved. So I think it's a bit premature to judge our chances in the Ashes series according to the gutless performances of the one-day team, especially as many of the one-day players will not be appearing in the Tests.

However, having said that, I'm not particularly optimistic for the Ashes...too many injuries...not sure we have a quality spinner and the team lacks confidence. It should be a competitive series though, because I'm not convinced Australia are the team they once were. They'll be hard to beat but they're hardly invincible.

• Admin

England have been dismal in one-day cricket for some time. Our one-day performances have been worsening over the last few years while the Test performances have improved. So I think it's a bit premature to judge our chances in the Ashes series according to the gutless performances of the one-day team, especially as many of the one-day players will not be appearing in the Tests.

However, having said that, I'm not particularly optimistic for the Ashes...too many injuries...not sure we have a quality spinner and the team lacks confidence. It should be a competitive series though, because I'm not convinced Australia are the team they once were. They'll be hard to beat but they're hardly invincible.

I honestly believe we are two players short of a decent Ashes performance.

Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones.

Jones can get swing out of the most benign conditions and in my opinion is our best bowler.

Vaughan, whatever his form with the bat (and to be fair it's pretty decent against the Aussies), is worth his weight in gold as a captain.

Without these two we become an ordinary side with a few "decent" individuals.

Archived