IGNORED

Supporters' Trusts

Tom Fleuriot

I'm sure this doesn't refer to our Supporters' Trust, but was wondering if many people had seen this article and thought about how it ties in with our own.

Personally, I think this is a common issue with all types of democracy and can see signs of it on this forum. But I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

Supporters' Trust death threats

An interesting read and one that seems to have relevance to our own ST. I've seen some (IMO) ridiculous opinions on here that some of our own ST members are only in it for self-aggrandisement or as a means of part owning the club.

It's a fact of life that some people enjoy criticising others who are trying to be helpful. Yet, those same people will be completely devoid of any constructive input. It's easy to criticise and harp on about mistakes which is why so many people do it.

The Internet doesn't help as it lends a degree of anonymonity to the critics. I'm sure many a comment is posted on these forums that would never be mentioned face-to-face (I might have even done it myself...).

I know from bitter experience that you need to have a thick-skin if you attempt anything that is proactive. Hopefully, our ST do not get too disheartened by the over vocal minority who like to have a go.

Anyone in the public eye at virtually any football club will be in for some degree of critism.It doesn't matter who you are - manager,chairman,Chief Exec, and sadly supporter trusts and supporters clubs.

It just seems to go with the territory which is very unfortunate for those who make the effort voluntarily to try and improve things for other fans.Both the trust and the supporters club at BCFC have taken plenty of critism via this forum nearly always from people who make no effort to make a contribution to the club themselves.

Are people not entitled to an opinion either, if people have concerns about something surely it's best to air them rather than say nothing.

I personally think Steve Lansdown comes across as a top bloke and obviously a brilliant businessman, but as a football chairman in my opinion, has been very average up to now, sometimes good ideas like the supporters trust need to listen to criticism to improve.

Archived