IGNORED

I'm Sooooo Depressed!

bobby

No not about the last few games but about all the cr*p being written on this forum.

For gods sake get behind the team (players and manager) and help us get a win on Friday.

We're in 2nd place with 11 games to go - if you'd asked me at the beginning of the season, I'd of taken that.

Every game from now is a cup final - let's make it sound like it :clap:

Before the season had started, I would have thought that everyone would have settled with the position that we currently find ourselves in.

However, the last few games have been nothing short of appaling, people remember City losing their bottle when the going gets tough, its seems that nothing has changed since last season and the seasons before. I always wondered how we would perform when and if we hit top spot and I have to say, this far I have been very disapointed.

But - the beauty of football, a good win on Friday and a couple of favourable results on Saturday will get people upbeat once again - but as I type this message - I feeling ###### off.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

We DID win 11 games, but that was now 3 games ago. So to me we have just got a single point from the bottom sides. How can that be good enough

So 3 games without a win, but don't worry, we did win 5-0 on the opening day - That makes up for everything.

"Every game from now is a cup final - let's make it sound like it"

So our you saying it's the fans fault that its all gone wrong because there isn't enough noise?

I do agree, I can't understand why people go to football. After Sheff Wed all I heard was people moaning, I just wish they would wake up and realise that we are no Arsenal or Real Madrid and that we are not going to win ever game this season. If all they want to do is moan then why bother coming? you might as well stay at home and moan at the misses. If you are unhappy about the way we are playing go and watch Rovers play and then you will realise how lucky we are

It's not that we expect to win EVERY game we just expect to beat the teams that are bottom of the table, surely that is not something too much to expect? It just seems so unbelievable that we can win 11 on the trot then come a cropper at the bottom of the table teams. It's all about inconsistency something we are very good at infact.

From a personal point of view, I don't think any of the above points have hit the nail on the head.

We've 11 games to go and we're in second place.

Based on recent evidence, you could argue that there's no reason to believe that we can stay there - the formation/positioning of players isn't effective.

However, that's only a kneejerk reaction to the last two games (although it does whiff of the beginning of the season) - there's no reason why we can't get back on track again.

You've got to believe in the team, but there's no reason why you can't question why we've gone backwards again - especially when we've defaulted to the tactics/positioning that we know doesn't work!

Everyone on the forum is entitled to their opinion, however i think some people do go a bit OTT with the comments about Danny Wilson.
I agree with that, danny shouldn't be forced to resign, that is just ridiculous talk. But he is just getting people annoyed by saying he isn't disappointed that we have just lost 2-0 to a team in the relegation zone! Comments like that make me think Wilson doesn't really have the ambition that us fans have for the club.

We'll soon see what happens on Friday, I don't think a single person in the crowd will be happy if Wilson plays the exact same 11 as he did on Saturday.

Its human nature to look for a scapegoat when you ae disapointed about anything.My missus blames me if she drops and and smashes a plate! Its never the interviewee's fault when they don't get the job...

Fans vent their frustration and disapointment when City don't get a result on Wilson and/or the players.Most fail to see beyond that basic human reaction.Its those of us that can see beyond it that make the most constructive posts after a disapointing performance.

Sorry but I fail to see what's so good about losing to Stockport, Wednesday and getting a point at home against Wycombe, Danny might grin and say it's not the end of the world etc. but for the previous 2 seasons we have been in a fantastic position to go up automatically but somehow choke at the wrong time against easy opposition.

You may not find it disturbing but I do, you might say it's a knee jerk reaction I don't think it is, City were top at a great time of the season with easy games ahead of them in "under strengthed, big name, but ####" Wednesday, the leagues "away team Whipping boys" Wycombe and most recently "We haven't won a game since November" Stockport, brilliant, it makes me feel so much better knowing that Wilson doesn't feel it's a disgrace to come out of that with a point.

We've been here before and I can spot the signs of a team that need a good kick up the arse to get back on track, he's laughing whether we go up or stay down as we can't afford to sack him anyway so he's here for another 2 years regardless.

Yeah, but there's a massive difference between 'sack DW' and 'here are all the obvious flaws' mails that I've seen hundreds of in the last few days.

"Its those of us that can see beyond it that make the most constructive posts after a disapointing performance."

So, from your massively enlightened point of view, how do you feel about:

- the placement of Wilkshire on the right

- the continual substitution of Miller and the constant presence of Peacock

- Aaron Brown continually being placed above Goodfellow

- the general lack of quality crosses/passes to the forwards

- DW being content about losing/drawing to the bottom two teams and not taking any team blame

What constructive comments can you make?

It's a basic human trait to look to allocate blame - it's something most children do, but only a well balanced adult turns around and admits their own errors.

I'm not implying that your missus isn't balanced, but hopefully you see what I mean!

Its human nature to look for a scapegoat when you ae disapointed about anything.My missus blames me if she drops and and smashes a plate! Its never the interviewee's fault when they don't get the job...

Fans vent their frustration and disapointment when City don't get a result on Wilson and/or the players.Most fail to see beyond that basic human reaction.Its those of us that can see beyond it that make the most constructive posts after a disapointing performance.

Are you saying that Wilson has to take 0 blame for the past 3 results?! I wouldn't say that reasoning is due to looking past human reaction, I'd see that as just being unobservant and sticking your head in the sand!

We've been here before and I can spot the signs of a team that need a good kick up the arse to get back on track, he's laughing whether we go up or stay down as we can't afford to sack him anyway so he's here for another 2 years regardless.
Hence my open comments addressed to the team..

Wonder if he or anyone will be bothered too?

Look let's be honest the 11 game winning streak was great! BUT 8 of those wins were by a single goal - so it was never going to take much of a swing in frotunes for us to start NOT winning! And against Chesterfield we scored 3 in the last 5 mins (1-0 up to that point) and 2 in the last 2 mins v Brentford (1-1 to that point!)

As has been said we would have taken the position we are in with 11 games to go, so we need to give our best shot (as fans) and get behind the team in every game until the final whistle of game 46! THEN depending on the outcome we can voice our grievances or otherwise! That's not to say that much of what been voiced here isn't valid - i'm just not sure the timing is right - what real; good can slagging folk off do at this moment in time??

Come on guys, we still much better than any #### in this division excluding a few sides.... We CAN still do it but whether we will is another question. I would of started to think really positive again if we had beaten Stockport but i guess we'll have to wait till Friday. Diamonds were a very poor side when i went to Nene Park and we are perfectly capable of beating them on our own turf. I didnt go on Saturday so cant comment on the performance but lets hope we see some of the real City again on Friday night. I just pray to God we're not bottling it again :clap:

let me put into the best words I can, why I'm p*****d off with this ituation.

I started supporting City, the season they got promoted to the old Div 1(Mam was born in Clifton). I only really became a Cider-REd when we went bust, because I coulnt beleieve the level of support they had.

I've never lived there, and probably wont ever, but I have always been a Cider-Red, through 3 LDV finals, various promotions, relegation, and Christ know how many managers!!I will always be a (PART-TIME) Cider-Red

Why is it, we always seem to bottle the vital times: Swineden in the league at home in 85, we froze, the play offs against Brentford at home, the Gas the year we both went up, Blackpool away a couple of years back, Baadiff last season.

This team aint a Prem club, but it should be good enough for Div 1. Why do we have ago at manager/player/board/combination of- Because, everytime we build up a head of steam we bottle it, and in todays communication age we can now say so.

Performances like the last two games, are all too common, and therefore morely hotly discussed. Failings now appearing, have been noted by various forum members for at least one year.

If we can see it why cant the manager, team, board etc?

This leads to our frustration, and because some of our favorit players are attacked by others it merely inflames the issue.

The fact is: City were #### on Tuesday, and Saturday, and even while winning some of those games City also played poorly in. Its not that long ago that even Wilson fans were doubting him, but we all got caught up in the euphoria of going from 12th to top, and all ignored the warning signs.

We can no longer do that: Danny you have to get a firm grip on the situation NOW!!

before you lose the support of fans, team, and board.

Thanks for reading this. comments please.

:clap: Natural reaction.

The highs are always going to be there & everyone in life wants to remain on top.

We all want the best & when things take a dip, its a natural reaction to lay blame somewhere.

Yep, I think that calls for DW to be sacked are well off the mark, but I do feel that much of his tactical decisions & team selections have been a little off centre.

We all know what they have been, but he dosn't do himself any favours when the fans tend to know where his mistakes make for dispair.

Archived