IGNORED

Today.

Antman

what was that then Gary?

at what point couldn't you see that Donny were all over us like a dose of the clap and with Nick Wright and Myrie Williams both playing like the scarecrow from the 'wizard of Oz' why couldn't you see we needed to bolster midfield and move the lightweight players upfront? it's not like we looked like scoring on the break! we didn't look like scoring if Doncaster all lied down and formed a human funnel into their goal.

why didn't we bring on Woody and play Macallister in the MF? I agree the new boy Corr blimey deserved a chance and frankly you could have taken any one of the front four off. Jevons doing a great impression of a bloke who can't score. Murray? god knows whats in his head. Myrie Williams showed he is a raw teenager again, chasing the wrong ball, getting stroppy for no reason and being far too ineffective to warrant a place.

just look how far apart he and Jevons play, what hope have we got for goals?

I can understand the injuries threw it into flux too, but to watch us hang on by the edge of our fingernails against DONCASTER! not Arsenal, not Coventry, not even Notts Forest, we were at home and desperate to hang on against DONCASTER ROVERS.

I'm glad to see such resolve, but you could sense that Basso could only keep them out for so long, thank god he chose today to have a blinder. Carey played brilliantly too, as did McCombe. Keogh faded but started well. I thought he looked iffy when they put a faster player on him.

some awful passing today, and god help us if Skuse and Brown are out for any time because our MF became thinner than a wafer thin mint cut in half.

Doncaster must feel aggrieved, but then so what.

oh well, 3 points eh, musn't grumble.

what was that then Gary?

at what point couldn't you see that Donny were all over us like a dose of the clap and with Nick Wright and Myrie Williams both playing like the scarecrow from the 'wizard of Oz' why couldn't you see we needed to bolster midfield and move the lightweight players upfront? it's not like we looked like scoring on the break! we didn't look like scoring if Doncaster all lied down and formed a human funnel into their goal.

why didn't we bring on Woody and play Macallister in the MF? I agree the new boy Corr blimey deserved a chance and frankly you could have taken any one of the front four off. Jevons doing a great impression of a bloke who can't score. Murray? god knows whats in his head. Myrie Williams showed he is a raw teenager again, chasing the wrong ball, getting stroppy for no reason and being far too ineffective to warrant a place.

I can understand the injuries threw it into flux too, but to watch us hang on by the edge of our fingernails against DONCASTER! not Arsenal, not Coventry, not even Notts Forest, we were at home and desperate to hang on against DONCASTER ROVERS.

I'm glad to see such resolve, but you could sense that Basso could only keep them out for so long, thank god he chose today to have a blinder. Carey played brilliantly too, as did McCombe. Keogh faded but started well. I thought he looked iffy when they put a faster player on him.

some awful passing today, and god help us if Skuse and Brown are out for any time because our MF became thinner than a wafer thin mint cut in half.

Johnson has received plenty of stick for his defensively minded substitutions in the past (Huddersfield away and Orient home spring to mind). So making an attacking substitution is no bad thing in my eyes.

Yes, Doncaster, the same team that spent a shedload during the summer, were among the favourities for promotion and who we haven't beaten since 1988.

It was important to win today after losing to Forest and that's what we've done so I'm happy. Clearly we've a few problems to sort out, such as the lack of goals but we WON.

what was that then Gary?

We must be the worst team that have beaten them this season. :doh:

Johnson has received plenty of stick for his defensively minded substitutions in the past (Huddersfield away and Orient home spring to mind). So making an attacking substitution is no bad thing in my eyes.

Yes, Doncaster, the same team that spent a shedload during the summer, were among the favourities for promotion and who we haven't beaten since 1988.

It was important to win today after losing to Forest and that's what we've done so I'm happy. Clearly we've a few problems to sort out, such as the lack of goals but we WON.

no problems with the win.

my concern was with the apparant lack of tactical change needed to deal with Donny in the second half.

I saw Gary and Millen constantly yelling at Nick Wright to keep forward, but the shape wasn't there and to be honest we were lucky today.

today was one day when perhaps he should have shut up shop.

we seemed to be between a defensive formation and an attacking one - and Doncaster could see that.

perhaps down to the two wingers not performing, but we let them play onto and through us far too much.

One sentence sums this twadle up...

If you can beat teams when playing bad..then we must be a good side...shut up we won.

when we are bottom of the league the moan..no wonder ashton gate is like a morgue with the likes of you posting shit negative BS

my concern was with the apparant lack of tactical change needed to deal with Donny in the second half.

I saw Gary and Millen constantly yelling at Nick Wright to keep forward, but the shape wasn't there and to be honest we were lucky today.

we seemed to be between a defensive formation and an attacking one - and Doncaster could see that.

perhaps down to the two wingers not performing, but we let them play onto and through us far too much.

stop moaning, I'lltake 30 more of the same!

it was hard to change as we had to make 2 early subs

One sentence sums this twadle up...

If you can beat teams when playing bad..then we must be a good side...shut up we won.

when we are bottom of the league the moan..no wonder ashton gate is like a morgue with the likes of you posting shit negative BS

Thanks for your constructive contribution to the discussion.

stop moaning, I'lltake 30 more of the same!

not moaning, just discussing a few points.

I didn't realise that was against forum rules.

No problems with Gary Johnson's performance today or the result.

It was obvious Basso excelled because of Weale's presence on the bench.

My main concern's at the moment are:

a) Our mounting injury crisis

and

b) How Lansdown plans to address the Stewart situation.

In the face of adversity over the past couple of months I'm delighted with our overall performance and the fact we're second in the table.

We've rarely played out of third gear yet.

it was hard to change as we had to make 2 early subs

I agree with that, but when they pushed up on us I thought we needed to tighten MF as Wright & Myriue Williams weren't defending enough and essentially playing the same role on either flank (but poorly) a luxury when they weren't really getting supply in.

I would have put Woody on, but could also see why he put Corr on as at least it helped keep them back a bit.

No problems with Gary Johnson's performance today or the result.

It was obvious Basso excelled because of Weale's presence on the bench.

My main concern's at the moment are:

a) Our mounting injury crisis

and

b) How Lansdown plans to address the Stewart situation.

In the face of adversity over the past couple of months I'm delighted with our overall performance and the fact we're second in the table.

We've rarely played out of third gear yet.

I raise the question, have we got a 4th gear, my answer is no, at this rate we will make the playoffs as the big teams will score one sit back and laugh as we cant score with strikers, unless they wear green and white hoops

can see what you are saying, however with the options we had left after the 2 early injuries made changing the play tough,

can see what you were saying about Mcallister and Woodman, but bringing Woodman on would have made us weaker defensively, think personally that taking off any one of Jevons, Jennison or Wright was probably the best decision, we kept blasting the ball up front and weren't able to keep it up there, when Corr came on we did just that we improved when he came on and held out for the result,

think considering the lack of options to change the game due to just having one sub left, making the right decision was vital, think GJ got it spot on

I raise the question, have we got a 4th gear, my answer is no, at this rate we will make the playoffs as the big teams will score one sit back and laugh as we cant score with strikers, unless they wear green and white hoops

Course we've got a 4th gear (see Crewe home and the start of the second half against Forest, most recently), I suspect we've also got a 5th gear and I hope we see that at some point early next year as we push for promotion.

As for 'can't score with strikers', that's complete bullshit I'm afraid. We have three very good goalscorers at this club - Showumni, Jevons and Brooks.

Fact is, 2 of them are crocked and we have NO natural width, resulting in zero decent crosses into the box which the likes of Jevons feeds off.

you say the big teams will score one and then sit back, but apart from Forest who under calderwood I felt would walk off with this league (and that looks like it could be the case) who else in this league is a very big threat? the key thing about us this season is DEFENSIVELY we are very very good, yes we aren't scoring tons of goals but we have had 3 games where we haven't scored, while playing most of the season without 2 key strikers in Brooker and Enoch, we are griding out good results and we are actually a very tough team to beat

I agree with that, but when they pushed up on us I thought we needed to tighten MF as Wright & Myriue Williams weren't defending enough and essentially playing the same role on either flank (but poorly) a luxury when they weren't really getting supply in.

I would have put Woody on, but could also see why he put Corr on as at least it helped keep them back a bit.

The problem was that we sat back to deep - the minute we scored Jevons was pulled in to midfield and handed the initiative to Donny. Having said that the guy they bought on at half time changed the game in their favour.

I don't see the point in putting another defender on as we were pushed back as it was.

Mind you if Wright had scored in the first half then maybe we would have tried to hang on for another 10 mins which may have proved fatal! Just as well he missed. :devil:

what was that then Gary?

My sentiments exactly.

Williams was a sulking teenager for most of the 2nd half and should've been hauled off, though Jevons deserved to come off too.

It seems to me that those that think Jevons was a good signing are harping on about the fact that the bloke gets no service. Well, all I saw this afternoon, especially in the 2nd half, was that every time he received the ball to his feet he promptly gave it away. It would be interesting to see his stats on completed passes!

The fact that he provided the sublime pass for Carey score will probably earn him his place in the next game, but for me he's not doing enough to warrant a place in the side, and neither is Murray.

It seems to me that those that think Jevons was a good signing are harping on about the fact that the bloke gets no service. Well, all I saw this afternoon, especially in the 2nd half, was that every time he received the ball to his feet he promptly gave it away. It would be interesting to see his stats on completed passes!

The fact that he provided the sublime pass for Carey score will probably earn him his place in the next game, but for me he's not doing enough to warrant a place in the side, and neither is Murray.

I'm genuinely suprised you continue to post on this forum seeing as it's clear you know so little about the game of football.

Tell me, how many clear cut opportunities did Jevons waste this afternoon or in fact this season? Jevons is a natural born finisher and if you disagree with that then you're a crazy bastard. As for giving away the ball when it was passed to him at feet, I don't know what game you were at. Jevons often had to deal with extremely heavey passes into his knees and often controlled sublimely with one touch. Completed passes, I expect his ratio was ok although that's hardly the main job of a striker who is afterall in a part of the pitch where creativity is essential.

The fact remains, and I'm sick of reiterating it, that Jevons is a striker that thrives of good service on the edge of the penalty area OR decent balls coming in from the flanks. We are playing with no width at the moment and also playing somewhat of a counter-attacking game that gives Jevons no chance to show off his best attributes.

All this said, my ideal partnership up front would still be Brooker/Showumni closely followed by Showumni/Jevons.

I'm genuinely suprised you continue to post on this forum seeing as it's clear you know so little about the game of football.

I really don't know why I bother replying to your posts because your arrogant, conceited and personal slights on other posters add no weight to the value of the comments you do make.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you, you dismiss them as being idiots or lacking knowledge.

Tell me, how many clear cut opportunities did Jevons waste this afternoon or in fact this season? Jevons is a natural born finisher and if you disagree with that then you're a crazy bastard. As for giving away the ball when it was passed to him at feet, I don't know what game you were at. Jevons often had to deal with extremely heavey passes into his knees and often controlled sublimely with one touch. Completed passes, I expect his ratio was ok although that's hardly the main job of a striker who is afterall in a part of the pitch where creativity is essential.

More personal abuse. You're obviously so besotted with Jevons, you can't, or refuse, to see his shortcomings. Jevons has severely under-achieved since arriving here and has not lived up to the hype under which he was brought here.

Whether you like it or not, Jevons continually gave the ball away, especially in the second half.

The fact remains, and I'm sick of reiterating it, that Jevons is a striker that thrives of good service on the edge of the penalty area OR decent balls coming in from the flanks. We are playing with no width at the moment and also playing somewhat of a counter-attacking game that gives Jevons no chance to show off his best attributes.

How can you say that we are playing with no width when we played the majority of the game with Murray and Wright as wingers? Jevons missed several good crosses, as did Murray, and I don't recall seeing Jevons win a header in the whole game.

All this said, my ideal partnership up front would still be Brooker/Showumni closely followed by Showumni/Jevons.

nail and head

I really don't know why I bother replying to your posts because your arrogant, conceited and personal slights on other posters add no weight to the value of the comments you do make.

Thanks for replying.

Just because someone has a different opinion to you, you dismiss them as being idiots or lacking knowledge.

Most are/do.

More personal abuse. You're obviously so besotted with Jevons, you can't, or refuse, to see his shortcomings. Jevons has severely under-achieved since arriving here and has not lived up to the hype under which he was brought here.

As pointed out on another thread, his goals have won us 12 points out of the 29 we have attained. What hype was he brought here under exactly? Hardly Stewartesque was it?

Whether you like it or not, Jevons continually gave the ball away, especially in the second half.

Name me a City player who didn't.

How can you say that we are playing with no width when we played the majority of the game with Murray and Wright as wingers? Jevons missed several good crosses, as did Murray, and I don't recall seeing Jevons win a header in the whole game.

Headers?? Jevons isn't a target man. He wants CROSSES, Bournemouth away... We may have tried to play with width, but not very successfully.

Personally I have seen enough to suggest that Jevons isn't actually a very good finisher!

Missed chances at Brighton home, Crewe home, Brentford away, Chesterfield home, Notts Forest away!

He should have scored so many more by now!

Hes been poor and for me isn't a very good player who needs to be dropped!

Makes the wrong passes and should be in the box not outside, why dosn't he just push into the box regardless of what the midfield or defence has done!

Even when hes told to be up front he drops back, I am sure Johnson dosn't tell him that but there we go!

Jevo OUT Corr IN

what was that then Gary?

we were shite today. everyone in front of the back four was crap (was especially pissed off at Murray - he's a senior pro, and he went missing more than most), and we got hammered 0-1, which is still worth 3 points, after all.

but don't know what else the manager could do - he had two injuries to deal with early on, and when you're hanging on 1-0 with only one sub left, you don't gamble it all away with an un-fit player you've never seen play before: you ride it out, and hope the overpaid ######s you have picked manage to pull through!

Keough, Carey, McCombe, McCallister and Basso - thanks. The rest of you - you don't deserve to pick up your inflated wages this week.

Name me a City player who didn't.

Jamie McCallister

My sentiments exactly.

Williams was a sulking teenager for most of the 2nd half and should've been hauled off, though Jevons deserved to come off too.

Tell you what, why not write to the FA and request that BCFC can make 11 substitutions in a game just to satisfy your hauling off proposals? The game was turned on it's head with the injuries to 2 key players, yet we still won. Jevons has not set the world on fire I agree, but with the current impass on strking options with have no other options. We won yesterday, reading some threads on here I am wondering if that really happened?

what was that then Gary?

Then why are you?

After watching the Crewe game I'd say we have a fourth, fifth and sixth gear !! I admit that we haven't hit that form consistently, but promoted teams rarely do, they grind out results when not firing on all cylinders.

Wise up we're SECOND in the league !!

Archived