IGNORED

Peacock Is The Key

fRed

It's division 2 showtime, 11 games left against the better teams in the division.

Who's going to be up front? Yes no other than the undroppable Lee Peacock, 11 games 90 minutes in each. I wonder if anyone here actually thinks that Leapy shouldn't be dropped/rested?

All we can do is pray, touch the screen on Peacock's head and say over and over....

WE CAN SCORE THE GOALS

275761.JPEG

Time for my medication

Undroppable is exactly how Wilson sees Peacock even though Peacocks not scoring many goals lately.

Wilson would argue that Peacock is more than just a goalscorer.He offers a physical presence that upsets defenders.He makes runs to pull defences apart and his all round game is pretty sound.The fact that he's going through' a barren run as far as goals are concerned is common amongst all strikers.

What City need is someone to compliment Peacock.

Shock horror! - I don't think Leapy should be dropped.

It seems I'm alone in this opinion (on the forum at least), but I think he's been our best performer this season behind Brian Tinnion. His goals at the beginning of the season when we were playing poorly were crucial. Plymouth away being a good example.

In recent games he (and Miller alongside him) just haven't had anything to work with; no crosses from either flank and no defence-splitting passes from the midfield.

I also refute the suggest that Peacock is lazy. Whatever your opinion of he and Miller, it is obvious that both are frustrated at the lack of decent service. Both chase the ball tirelessly, because it is their only chance of getting an opening!

I prepare to be shot down in flames.........

BS4

"What City need is someone to compliment Peacock."

How about changing the system and playing players in position to start with, even though Goodfellow is scoring goals, just how good might he be on the left wing, Peacock is no better or worse than any of our strikers yet stays on the field regardless of how he plays, this is a major gripe I have with Wilson, he must be fair to all of his players as the team cannot afford (at this very late stage of the season) to carry anyone who isn't performing.

Peacock needed a rest when he started misfiring but never got one, Miller has looked sharp yet gets taken off every game after 65-75 mins, Peacock should drop to the bench for a couple of games and Lita given a chance, I would say Roberts but his confidence is quite clearly shot after being snubbed for most of the season and being played out of position on the right, I mean it's the obvious thing to do isn't it, play your top scoring striker of last season on the right of midfield. :clap:

Undroppable is exactly how Wilson sees Peacock even though Peacocks not scoring many goals lately.

Wilson would argue that Peacock is more than just a goalscorer.He offers a physical presence that upsets defenders.He makes runs to pull defences apart and his all round game is pretty sound.The fact that he's going through' a barren run as far as goals are concerned is common amongst all strikers.

What City need is someone to compliment Peacock.

I have mixed feelings about Peacock. I think he is having a far improved season over previous years. His fitness is good and he gives 100% for all game. I think people overlook the fact that he gives good defensive cover as well as an attacking option. However, your final point is my main problem with Peacock.

It seems that he just can't find a partner that compliments him!!

Miller, I believe, is a superb forward but just hasn't gelled with Peacock. Constantly, one or the other wins knock-ons but the other is nowhere to be seen. Against Wycombe Peacock often gave the ball to the overlapping Brown (who would invariably waste the chance) but I can't recall a Peacock to Miller pass.

I like Peacock. I think he is a good player but I would play Miller with Roberts. Miller is good in the air and Roberts could feed off him. Irrespective of who plays up front ,DW needs to sort out the supply.

I like your solid or should i say non-existent argument there!!
If he is going to be our main striker, then we are hardly going to get out of this division are we??

1 spell of 9 with out a goal, and 7 this time.

Exactly what part of the arguement am I not putting here.

If he is our best hope, and the lesser hopes have also dried up, we are in trouble.

We have never replaced Ade Akinbiyi, when he jumped ship, and have struggled to find a good striker since.

At one time lose one to a bigger club, and we could turn up another. We aint done that this time for some reason.

We have never replaced Ade Akinbiyi,

I think Lee Peacock is a perfect replacement for Ade Akinbiyi, they both need four chances, or more, before they finally score.

I concur with Chivs , I'd start Roberts with Miller up front. Last seasons second top scorer, lets not forget. His direct running at Stockport caused their defence a lot of problems, it was a shame his shooting caused problems for the ball-boys behind the goal.

I think Lee Peacock is a perfect replacement for Ade Akinbiyi, they both need four chances, or more, before they finally score.

I concur with Chivs , I'd start Roberts with Miller up front. Last seasons second top scorer, lets not forget. His direct running at Stockport caused their defence a lot of problems, it was a shame his shooting caused problems for the ball-boys behind the goal.

I wouldnt have quite compared em, due to Ade getting 23 goals in a relegated side from Division 1. I doubt Leapy could get that many a season any division. Ades record after us shocking, but how many has ge got at Sjoke so far this season.

Wonder if we have scouts who could turn up these gems for us anymore?

I think Peacock is our best striker, and you have to accept that everyone goes through lean spells. he and Miller will gel in time I think (they have only been playing together solidly for a few months), and I don't think there are other realistic options. Roberts has no confidence, Lita has too many flaws in his game, and Matthews....well, c'mon.

I think Peacock is our best striker, and you have to accept that everyone goes through lean spells. he and Miller will gel in time I think (they have only been playing together solidly for a few months), and I don't think there are other realistic options. Roberts has no confidence, Lita has too many flaws in his game, and Matthews....well, c'mon.
Peacock is the problem, he cant play with Robbo, he aint gelled well with Miller, he dont work with Leroy, and he didnt do that well with Matthews (I may be wrong on that). You'd think he would be trying as a team player to get his newcontract, by being as flexible as posible.

No team at our level can afford a striker like him, we have to have adaptable squad players, team players.

Point taken about lean spells but 16 out of 33 too high I'm afraid, added to everyone else suddenly doing the same. I said that the longer we fail to score, the more the doubts across the team kick in, and they are very difficult to shift once there, especially in our difficult run out.

He is not going to solve our problems, not entirely his fault, DW, bought him, and insists on playing him, even if he'd dried up. But we do need a better striker, than him IF we go up.

Sorry but I cant understand why one man should deserve so much stick :clap:

Why not blame the defence for example  :clap: ;3 defenders go for the same ball miss allow Weds to take all 3points;Wycome are allowed to cross and  a player beats all our defenders and the goalie;if we had off scored at Stockport wouldnt off been enough because our rock solid defence let in 2; it is not fair to put all the teams failings on one man :clap: , espescaily when he works hard at his job.

There is no such thing as a total defence. You will always let goals in. If you do not score every defensive error becomes a problem. That is whats happening. Only Plymuff in the LDV (4-0), Wycombe (3-0) and Stockport (2-0) have beaten us by more than 1 goal. All the rest have been the odd goal.

Peacock is our most experienced striker, and the only one with any signifcant experience up front. He therefore should show/inspire/shout at the others, and midfield if he aint getting the service, and as one of DW's favorites, who never get dropped, should be able to put that point across to said DW..........

Archived