IGNORED

Ms - Gj Comments On Soccer Night

dargla

I got a feeling from what was said tonight on Soccer Night by GJ that MS may wear the City shirt again once back from loan. Yes GJ was careful with his words and kinda played it down but I think that was just not to give a def yes.

What was your thoughts on this?

What was said?

He was asked about MS current form and that his loan will be up soon, GJ said yes he is on form and playing very well, but it was GJ expressions when it was discussed which kinda said it all, if that makes sense.

He then was ask direct will MS play for City again and he just said he will be returning to City as he still is a City player, but to me that was just a play down to save face.

He was asked about MS current form and that his loan will be up soon, GJ said yes he is on form and playing very well, but it was GJ expressions when it was discussed which kinda said it all, if that makes sense.

He then was ask direct will MS play for City again and he just said he will be returning to City as he still is a City player, but to me that was just a play down to save face.

i think from what he said he will come back to you but he gave the impression nothing has changed between them

Why don't they kiss and make up? :dunno:

Not as simple as that though is it, ask any football manager. There's no room for rotten eggs. MS has no future in terms of first team football at AG under Johnson. Bring him back from Yeovil and make him play reserve team football for the rest of the season.

Not as simple as that though is it, ask any football manager. There's no room for rotten eggs. MS has no future in terms of first team football at AG under Johnson. Bring him back from Yeovil and make him play reserve team football for the rest of the season.

But I thought you wanted "agent" Stewart shooting down the opposition?

Rotten eggs, more like icing on the cake to help take us to promotion,hope you can digest it for the sake of Bristol City F.C.

I get the feeling he could have a future under GJ but would have to change his lifestyle & attitude therefore setting the proffesional example off the field that GJ wants the seniors to show the younger players.

It's no good for the senior players to get upset when the manager tells them they are not doing enough for the youngsters to look up to (on & off the field)

If the manager sets rules then they are for the WHOLE club to follow and abide by and the seniors must accept the responsibility to lead by example .. it appears dear old Marcus was not interested and prefers the less strict regimes with less responsibility

Anyhow......can't wait til tomorrow.......COME ON YOU REDZ

I get the feeling he could have a future under GJ but would have to change his lifestyle & attitude therefore setting the proffesional example off the field that GJ wants the seniors to show the younger players.

It's no good for the senior players to get upset when the manager tells them they are not doing enough for the youngsters to look up to (on & off the field)

If the manager sets rules then they are for the WHOLE club to follow and abide by and the seniors must accept the responsibility to lead by example .. it appears dear old Marcus was not interested and prefers the less strict regimes with less responsibility

My gut feeling on it all, is Marcus will approach GJ on sat and ask to be given another chance untill the end of the season.

I really hope so, still up to Johnson, but it would keep the fans quiet

Johnson wasnt going to give anything away on tv last night. Although his body language showed that maybe he is prepared to talk to Marcus about his future. I would be extremely suprised if he goes to YEovil simply because he will want too much money. Even if he took a pay cut I don't think would be enough. I guess it all depends on if any other clubs are interested in him and whether Johnson is willing to eat alot of humble pie and give Marcus another chance. Maybe fan power has made him rethink things?

i think from what he said he will come back to you but he gave the impression nothing has changed between them

I think you're right there. I believe Marcus will come back but all the MS lovers shouldn't get their hopes up of him playing.

GJ mentioned that he didn't want Marcus being cup-tied in any of the cups for when he comes back to us but that is probably so he is a more saleable asset! Marcus has done nothing to impress me since he came here but I hope they can kiss and make up for the best of Bristol City. He may not be worth a start but

has got to be in the squad in our current predicament.

The door is open for GJ to make a name for himself at this time in history.

He can be seen as GJ the pragmatic, GJ the conciliatory, the healer of wounds. Bring MS back, use him sparingly as required til the end of the season when MS is out of contract .

That is entirely to our advantage, and takes a form goal scorer/creator away from Yeovil, a leading competitor. Then of course we may get offers from other clubs in January, either way its a win win situation for our aspiring manager.

If indeed we face another spate of striker injuries, it is to our advantage to have MS available in the short term. Any personal feelings must and should be put to one side for the benefit of our club

christ anyone would think he'd got into a big fight in town, got charged with affray, taken to court and banged up in prison!!!!

Oh sorry, that was our model proffesionals :whistle:

christ anyone would think he'd got into a big fight in town, got charged with affray, taken to court and banged up in prison!!!!

The rumour I heard was that he was out with the model pros but not caught on camera, but to be honest I don't really care about the past. If he wants to come back and prove his worth then good. If Johnson thinks that it would be disruptive for the team then I would understand that.

Decisions were made at the time for the good of the club. Apparently he has improved his attitude at Yeovil, got his fitness up and shown his worth. If/when he comes back he can hopefully come into the squad and prove his worth to us.

Shut up!!! :grr: I was going to say maybe he should talk to him anything to keep you lot happy. But seeing this latest dig. I hope we sell him to some crap league 2 side!!!

The rumour I heard was that he was out with the model pros but not caught on camera, but to be honest I don't really care about the past. If he wants to come back and prove his worth then good. If Johnson thinks that it would be disruptive for the team then I would understand that.

Decisions were made at the time for the good of the club. Apparently he has improved his attitude at Yeovil, got his fitness up and shown his worth. If/when he comes back he can hopefully come into the squad and prove his worth to us.

To be fair i don't think he was.

I honestly don't think he will play for Bristol City again. The impression i got from Johnson last night was that he will have to come back to the club but it will only be to sort out where he goes next.

Lets be honest about this-from what we have all seen last season and our current squad, do we really need Marcus Stewart?

I really don't think we need him now.

How do you work that out, with 2 of our main strikers out of action for I don't know how much longer, he's scoring goals for one of our main rivals for promotion, and you don't think we need him.Wow.

No the MS/GJ row goes back to the handgrenage incident - pure and simply.

That day three older pros took a stance and stood up against GJ.

1 has left

1 is at yeovil on loan

The other got a second chance and is a rock at the back our defence this season. :whistle:

Lets be honest about this-from what we have all seen last season and our current squad, do we really need Marcus Stewart?

I really don't think we need him now.

Not sure exactly how many games you've seen this season but despite our lofty league position we certainly need something and I happen to think MS could be the answer.

I for one, and I I've seen all but 1 home & 1 away game this season, can't believe we are as high up as we are! We've had a few good perfomances, a couple of excellent ones but the rest have been not good enough (despite us getting some points). It doesn't help that for some time now the only attacking substitutions we have been able to make are by bringing on defenders.

1 has left

1 is at yeovil on loan

The other got a second chance and is a rock at the back our defence this season. :whistle:

I know nothing about the situation but if what you say is true, then doesn't it show the issue isn't Johnson being petty but someone else's failure to respond in the correct manner?

I know nothing about the situation but if what you say is true, then doesn't it show the issue isn't Johnson being petty but someone else's failure to respond in the correct manner?

I'm not so sure, I believe GJ was forced to play the other character purely on the basis that we had no spare defenders at the time. Makes you wonder what would have happened if MS hadn't had got injured at Scunthorpe that night? :dunno:

1 has left

1 is at yeovil on loan

I don't think i made myself very clear and I'm not too sure if anything in life is ever about one situation and one incident. Our impressions are built up throughout a wide variety so not too sure if I agree with your first statement.

May that was the major incident but again I'm not too worried about it because it is in the past. His reaction upon returning is more what I'm interested in.

If he is disruptive then he should be treated as anyone in the squad is but if he returns to prove himself then he should get his chance.

Not sure exactly how many games you've seen this season but despite our lofty league position we certainly need something and I happen to think MS could be the answer.

I for one, and I I've seen all but 1 home & 1 away game this season, can't believe we are as high up as we are! We've had a few good perfomances, a couple of excellent ones but the rest have been not good enough (despite us getting some points). It doesn't help that for some time now the only attacking substitutions we have been able to make are by bringing on defenders.

Sorry, I have been to all but 2 home games and I am impressed by our current squad. I do not feel Stewart fits into it and believe we can achieve without him.

That is my opinion.

How do you work that out, with 2 of our main strikers out of action for I don't know how much longer, he's scoring goals for one of our main rivals for promotion, and you don't think we need him.Wow.

They are rivals at present but I do not think they have a big enough squad to last the distance.

Enoch and Brooker will be back soon. Corr has been brought in and hopefully Jevo has turned the corner.

I do not feel Stewart fits into our style of play.

Sorry, I have been to all but 2 home games and I am impressed by our current squad. I do not feel Stewart fits into it and believe we can achieve without him.

That is my opinion.

They are rivals at present but I do not think they have a big enough squad to last the distance.

Enoch and Brooker will be back soon. Corr has been brought in and hopefully Jevo has turned the corner.

Wake up and smell the coffee will you. Promotion isn't won by the size of your squad.

What your saying about Yeovil now everyone was saying the same about Southend and Colchester last season.

GJ stated last night, when asked if there was a possibility of MS coming back and playing for City, that there was a possibilty of him coming back to the club - he refused to answer the actual question.

My take on it is that they ruled him out of the cup games as, in addition to missing tomorrow's game, he will lose the sharpness that, by playing regularly, he obviously needs to do the business for Yeovil. When he comes back from Yeovil, having impressed and maybe caught the eye of some clubs who desparately need a proven goalscorer and can afford his wages (Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday spring to mind) he can be offloaded on loan and then permanently in January.

If you can read GJ s body language and saw Soccer Night you would know he was saying a big NO to MS ever playing for us again.

That is my opinion.

Exactly Paul. These people on here are blind to this. I totally 100% agree with you. As i have been to every game home and away apart from 2 so far this season i think i am able to judge this.

Archived