IGNORED

Ms - Gj Comments On Soccer Night

dargla

GJ stated last night, when asked if there was a possibility of MS coming back and playing for City, that there was a possibilty of him coming back to the club - he refused to answer the actual question.

My take on it is that they ruled him out of the cup games as, in addition to missing tomorrow's game, he will lose the sharpness that, by playing regularly, he obviously needs to do the business for Yeovil. When he comes back from Yeovil, having impressed and maybe caught the eye of some clubs who desparately need a proven goalscorer and can afford his wages (Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday spring to mind) he can be offloaded on loan and then permanently in January.

Highly unlikely (a move to Leeds or Weds as its not commutable)

If you can read GJ s body language and saw Soccer Night you would know he was saying a big NO to MS ever playing for us again.

Jed said last night will Marcus return and play for city again.

GJ comment was I think MS will come back to the club,however his facial expressions quite clearly ment he would not play for city whilst I'm in charge.

end off.

So sad the guy could be the new striker to help us on our promotion drive, without spending a penny to take us up.

Comon guys sort it tomorrow, I shall be watching.

Shut up!!! :grr: I was going to say maybe he should talk to him anything to keep you lot happy. But seeing this latest dig. I hope we sell him to some crap league 2 side!!!

What a SCOOP, Sarah B Comfirms it,,,,,,,, Brooker to sign for M K Dons !!

Twentyman KNOWS what the whole situation is regarding Johnson and Stewart but wont let the story out. You only have to listen to his phone ins to know this. The impression given by Twentyman is that there is NO CHANCE of a make up between the two of them :( . Hope i am wrong mind :rolleyes:

So obviously we are such a good side and doing so well we don't need to bring Brooker back in the side either? I cant make up MY mind because i am obviously blind :me?:

I don't think money is an issue at all. I think it is blatenly obvious the bloke just wants to enjoy his football and feel wanted.

After all he could have gone to other clubs for FAR MORE MONEY than we pay/payed him.

Anyone who thinks ' oh no not another Marcus Steawrt thread'

dosn't understand the massive interest in the situation,

both for and against, by thousands of City fans. You

only had to listen to the Twentypence phone-in last night,

he wanted a Yeovil vs. City debate, he got a Marcus Stewart debate.

It will be interesting if Johnson puts Stewart on the bench in December when he returns to us, he starts scoring goals and the fans get behind him. Wonder if he would reconsider keeping him then with fan power on his side? Just a thought.

The fact remains that in any other walk of life GJ would have to MANAGE this situation and get the meployee to perform at his or her best. It must be great being a football manager, you don't ever have to actually MANAGE anyone. You can just adopt a "I'm the boss, you're not" attitude and then totally ignore that employee until they get a new job!

If we tried to do that in our professional lives we would (quite rightly) get roasted and yet this forum is full of people that think GJ is 'handling' this well - well he isn't. If I invested in a machine to make products, I would not let my competitors use it for (almost free) because I decided I didn't want to turn it on! That is GJ's 'handling' of this.

It is Johnson's job to make every one of his employees perform to the maximum of their capability, it is a little thing called management - in real life you cannot just totally ignore a resource and hope it dies beofre you have to make a decision

What your saying about Yeovil now everyone was saying the same about Southend and Colchester last season.

And people will be saying the same about S****horpe & Rotherham this season.

Watch as we miss out on promotion due to "ego's".

:farmer:

It will be interesting if Johnson puts Stewart on the bench in December when he returns to us, he starts scoring goals and the fans get behind him. Wonder if he would reconsider keeping him then with fan power on his side? Just a thought.

When Johnson first came to Ashton Gate, he was very shrewed and made no promises about gaining promotion.

Just wanting to manage a club with home gates of between 15,000 and 20,000, with a great atmosphere!!.

Hasn't manage either of those yet!!.

:yawn:

......... Twentypence phone-in last night,

he wanted a Yeovil vs. City debate, he got a Marcus Stewart debate.

That was bound to happen when a player is owned by one club, and is currently playing on loan for the other!!.

:farmer:

The fact remains that in any other walk of life GJ would have to MANAGE this situation and get the meployee to perform at his or her best. It must be great being a football manager, you don't ever have to actually MANAGE anyone. You can just adopt a "I'm the boss, you're not" attitude and then totally ignore that employee until they get a new job!

If we tried to do that in our professional lives we would (quite rightly) get roasted and yet this forum is full of people that think GJ is 'handling' this well - well he isn't. If I invested in a machine to make products, I would not let my competitors use it for (almost free) because I decided I didn't want to turn it on! That is GJ's 'handling' of this.

It is Johnson's job to make every one of his employees perform to the maximum of their capability, it is a little thing called management - in real life you cannot just totally ignore a resource and hope it dies beofre you have to make a decision

Since the MS v GJ conjecture arose, this is the best post ever written about it. Articulate , intelligent, brief and to the point.

Since the MS v GJ conjecture arose, this is the best post ever written about it. Articulate , intelligent, brief and to the point.

I disagree. One cant compare a 'machine' with a person, as obviously most people can see that a machine doesn't have a personality, which would seem to be a key element of this situation.

I would also say that GJ HAS made his employees perform to the maximum. He's shipped out a namby pamby 'keeper, a striker whose attitude isn't/wasn't what he, as manager, required, and got the rest of the team, some players don't look as if they are the same people prior to GJ's arrival, playing in a consistently committed fashion, the first time in years that this can be said of BCFC.

We're second, not perfect, but ok.

If that happened, surely that is a sackable offence.

Probably but we'd still probably have to pay him compensation. Also it would mean him leaving on a free and us getting nothing for him in january.

So cant see him getting sacked so to speak. I personally think he will be off in January, probably to a Championship side. Very much doubt he will play for us again.

Archived