IGNORED

Sell Coles?

Gazred

What with all the talk of what players we could bring to improve our fortunes, i was thinking that Danny is the only real asset we have that could be sold come the xmas transfer window and we do have the players to cover his position.

How much do we think he is worth and how much would we truly get what with the market being as depressed as it is?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I'd like to think he's in the million pound bracket, but at most I think we'd get £800,000.

Selling him should only occur if this season becomes dead. His departure could lead to a huge clear out - However this has done Rovers no favours lately so maybe wouldn't e such a good idea

First of all i would just like to state that this is all rumour or hear say, however through the grape vine the rumour is that Gabbidon is going to Newcastle, and cardiff will be buying coles as his replacement in the Jan transfer window.

Other rumours are that Liverpool and Everton have both sent scouts this season to have a look a coles.

I would sell coles we should get about a Million along with a sell on clause of some sort, to fill his place we would have Hill, Fortune, carey and not forgeting the exellent Darren Jones who reminds me of coles every time i have seen him play.

City need the money, say bank 500k and use the other 500k to rebuild a bit in the summer if this season goes pear shaped.

A lot of people have told me including friends who are Cardiff fans that 'Gabb' is going to Newcastle in January. I know Liverpool have sent scouts to watch Coles but not sure about Everton, Cardiff clearly have.

As to the question of selling Coles, no I don't think we should. Just because we need the money is not a reason to sell Coles. Yes we have replacements for him but I think he is currently one of if not the best player we have at the moment, so why sell him.

As for replacement that we currently have, Carey is the only one that would do a good job and he's a regular anyway.

We have sold Murray and that has proven to come back and slap us in the face a bit, the same will happen with Coles if he goes.

As for the price, anything less than a million then don't bother.

MM

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

you say we have cover 4 him ,, at the start of the season i would of agreed with that but not now ! ok matty hill could come in and do the job but next to Butler, wed be mauled every week because butler is useless

I wouldn't like to see Coles go, but clearly he will, if and when the price is right. As someone else pointed out in another thread, we're a mid table second division side, and if a big club came in for Danny it would be the right move for both us and him.

I also think he is a player we have good cover for, with Carey, Butler, Fortune, Jones, Hill and even Woodman capable of playing in that position.

None of us like to see our good players leave, but as long as we're wallowing around treading water in the 2nd division we'll have to get used to it. Even Chris Coleman has admitted that if a big club, ie Man Ure or Liverpool come in for Saha then he'll have to let him go. And Fulham are near the top of the Prem! It's the natural law of the football jungle.

Guest Cyprus_Red

city have had a habit in the last couple of seasons selling their best players most recently scott murray and look how its affected us. I don't think we should be drawn by any offer from cardiff, they are one of our closest rivals and it would be even harder to except if danny coles went there and was a big success. He's born and bread in Bristol and we should keep one of the most solid and consistent players in our team at our football club.

Guest Red_Rat

Although this year Danny Coles has looked vulnerable in certain games,there is no doubt that he is a special talent,and will be a key player in many years to come...especially in Division 1.Just for an extra £500,000 in the kitty there is no one about in the second division with the class of his,with age on their side.

Don't sell Danny......Danny

Archived