IGNORED

Qpr Injury Crisis

BournemouthRed

Injury woe for QPR

Padula faces six weeks out

QPR will be without key defender Gino Padula for at least six weeks and are also facing a goalkeeping crisis.

Padula will miss vital games as Rangers battle for promotion after learning that he has broken a toe.

And Nick Culkin, who has been standing in for first-choice keeper Chris Day, has suffered a knee injury.

Culkin is awaiting the results of an MRI scan, while Day is facing another three weeks on the sidelines with a shin problem.

Rangers' only other keeper, youngster Jake Cole, is also currently injured.

Hopefully I will not be out for any longer than six weeks, but at the moment I don't know

Gino Padula

Padula, a crowd favourite at Loftus Road, admits he is devastated at the news he will be out for so long.

"It is very bad for me," said the Argentine.

"I love playing for QPR and to not play is very hard, especially at this stage of the season.

"We have big games coming up against teams like Bristol City and Plymouth, and I really wanted to play.

"I have been told I have to rest for at least a few weeks and see how I feel then.

"Hopefully I will not be out for any longer than six weeks, but at the moment I don't know.

"I'm disappointed but I believe we can get promoted this season and I will still go to matches and be with the players."

Meanwhile, Rangers defender Clarke Carlisle has urged fans to lay off team-mate Terrell Forbes.

Forbes, Rangers' player of the year two seasons ago, has been barracked by some fans during recent home matches.

Carlisle said: "That is completely out of order.

"Terrell's such a good player. He's covered for me during games so many times and I would not want to be without him.

"He's always getting other defenders out of trouble and is a vital player for us."

Meanwhile, Rangers defender Clarke Carlisle has urged fans to lay off team-mate Terrell Forbes.

Forbes, Rangers' player of the year two seasons ago, has been barracked by some fans during recent home matches.

Just imagine! QPR fans slagging off their own players when they're in the top three with a great chance of promotion. That'd never happen here. :clap:

Well we've got Amankwaah long term injured and Matty Hill missing a few games, so that's similar to Sh*##u and Padula.

Hollowhead will probably make a loan signing or two, there seems almost no limit to the number these days.

It is good news but the most important thing is we avoid further injuries rather than crow at our opponents apparent misfortune.

Matty hill missing the last few games has shown how fragile we are and how a couple more injuries to the wrong players could really hurt us.

Particularly if they happen after the transfer deadline.... :)

Archived