IGNORED

Voting With Their Feet

Bristol Boy

eh? you saying that had we beat Sheffield Wed we would of taken 4000 to Stockport?! You're having a laugh ain't you mate?! What cr@p stats and even more pointless and stupid conclusion!
There wouldn't be room, oh simple one.

The club, who as usual were wrong, predicted 1-1,500

However,there would have been far more than 750 and far more than 12,000 against Wycombe.

Stats are stats.

Like three games, one goal, one point.

Disagree by all means, but try a counter argument instead of small minded nonsense.

I'm absolutely sure that there were more at Stockport than that.

Anything less than 1,000 was very disappointing and it was only 8 days later, could be one reason.

There were a lot of empty seats in that stand, in an area I think they said we'd been allocated 900 seats, so should be about right.

Still a little surprising though, but two away games on consecutive Saturdays is always a bit tough on the pocket. Add that to a couple of poor performances and there's your reasons.

There wouldn't be room, oh simple one.

The club, who as usual were wrong, predicted 1-1,500

However,there would have been far more than 750 and far more than 12,000 against Wycombe.

Stats are stats.

Like three games, one goal, one point.

Disagree by all means, but try a counter argument instead of small minded nonsense.

Peterborough United Away 24th january, away attendance 660 (less than at stockport) After 5 wins on the trot.

Tuesday 27th Jan (evening game, normally higher attendance supposedly) Colchester United at home, attendance 10,733 (less than Wycombe attendance) after 6 wins on the trot.

Hmmm maybe now you're stats look just as stupid as they did the first time i responded? :Party27:

It's OK if some people wanna give up after a few bad games, not mentioning any names, but most of us are still hanging in there and are giving as much support now to the team as we were 5 game ago. Putting up stats to say that our fans are giving up after 3 bad results is frankly an insult to our hardcore fan base. I'd go to every single game of the season if I could whether we were winning, losing or drawing.

• Admin
It's OK if some people wanna give up after a few bad games, not mentioning any names, but most of us are still hanging in there and are giving as much support now to the team as we were 5 game ago. Putting up stats to say that our fans are giving up after 3 bad results is frankly an insult to our hardcore fan base. I'd go to every single game of the season if I could whether we were winning, losing or drawing.
...but BB isn't questioning the fortitude of our "hardcore support" but highlighting the effect our poor results affect the attendance of the floating fans. What your counter-argument fails to show is that for the floating fan it takes far more winning games to attract them to games than it takes losing games to convince them to stay away.

Peterborough United Away 24th january, away attendance 660 (less than at stockport) After 5 wins on the trot.

Tuesday 27th Jan (evening game, normally higher attendance supposedly) Colchester United at home, attendance 10,733 (less than Wycombe attendance) after 6 wins on the trot.

Hmmm maybe now you're stats look just as stupid as they did the first time i responded?  :Party27:

No you do.

The point is that in a fortnight we couldn't raise 1,000 away fans for such an important game.

1 point-1 goal-3 games and no change or sign of it.That's your reason.

...but BB isn't questioning the fortitude of our "hardcore support" but highlighting the effect our poor results affect the attendance of the floating fans. What your counter-argument fails to show is that for the floating fan it takes far more winning games to attract them to games than it takes losing games to convince them to stay away.
Spot On.

And like it or not we need everyone we can get home and away.

What is it about City?

The minute you think we've cracked it and the support starts to build-WALLOP-Straight in the nuts!! :clap:

just because we have got 1 point from the last 3 games doesn't mean we're going to get only 500 home fans down the gate friday! I don't get why people are being so over the top about all this. we're still second and if we win our next three games then all this will be forgotten!

it does seem the forum gets suddenly popular as soon as we start losing cos all the moaners start coming back! Just imagine the confidence any players would get if they had a look at all the bullsh!t people are writing on here! It just seems people love having a go when City are in a dip! And that's our own fans!!

Hmmm maybe now you're stats look just as stupid as they did the first time i responded?  :Party27:

I was certain the figure you quoted for Peterborough was incorrect, I have checked with the Away days on the City site and it is:

Peterborough away: 1,014

The game you quote at 660 is Hartlepool away and well done to each and everyone of them.

Whether you for or against DW, our super away fans have voted with their feet.

4,700 at Weds 750 at Stockport two weeks later.

Tell you something Danny??

Without a significant loan signing we'll be lucky to get a gate of 10,000 for Rushden.

So you're saying that City fans turn up depending on recent results and league position?

That really is revolutionary thinking...

:Sleep12:

just because we have got 1 point from the last 3 games doesn't mean we're going to get only 500 home fans down the gate friday! I don't get why people are being so over the top about all this. we're still second and if we win our next three games then all this will be forgotten!

it does seem the forum gets suddenly popular as soon as we start losing cos all the moaners start coming back! Just imagine the confidence any players would get if they had a look at all the bullsh!t people are writing on here! It just seems people love having a go when City are in a dip! And that's our own fans!!

Spot on mate, top post :)

Seem to remember some of this discussion before - we took over 4,000 to Sheffield Weds because many who don't get to away games normally decided that would be a good one to go to.

I won't go through all the reasons posted on here before about why people don't go to all games, but it isn't just about results.

I am confident the attendance at some of our remaining away games : Swindon, Port Vale and Barnsley will be pretty high, whatever our form is at the time!! Equally I'm sure attendance on Friday will be 11,000 or thereabouts, and even higher for many of our remaining games. :)

Can I just remind a few of you one fundamental thing about going to watch football matches?

Its SUPPOSED to be entertainment.

Personally I cannot remember another season gone by where simply turning up has regularly been a chore.

Some of you are obviously very easily satisfied.

Exactly, the floating fan, aint going to come and watch a losing run, its human nature to back winners. Citys ability to lose things seems so ingrained to these people, the minute we lose like the recent run, they stop coming, no matter that we won 11 in a row. Its the oh no City are bottling again syndrome. We are feeling it is possible, fro them its happened, and we wont see em again this season unless we start winning 4-5 of the next games.

Call em fickle, but they (and we) have all been there, and got the T Shirt.

It really is up to the team, and for us to support them on the pitch. If they play well and lose it aint so bad, but to play badly and draw/lose really hurts. Hopefully Stockport acts as a kick up the @rse. I would sincerely hope so.

The alternative is just so ######* depressing to think about-another season in this ###### division, and lower gates!!

I think a few people may be surprised at the size of the crowd on Friday.

A lot of local league players will go as it will be one of the few opportunities they will have to take in a game this season. I know of at least three who will be going.

Come on lets get behind the lads and do our bit to help them out of this rut.

Supporting City will never be a chore, if it is seen as that then you shuold move onto to another hobby. every match day I always get the same excitement the morning before the game, I love it and wouldn't swap City for anything. Come on City we're better than our last 3 results showed, let's get back on the road to promotion.

Can I just remind a few of you one fundamental thing about going to watch football matches?

Its SUPPOSED to be entertainment.

Personally I cannot remember another season gone by where simply turning up has regularly been a chore.

Some of you are obviously very easily satisfied.

Yeh but I find the whole day enjoyable. Its a day you can go out with the lads, have some drinks and have a laugh. Away games I go to will never be decided upon how well the team are doing because they are such good fun to go to.

Going to football games will never be a chore for me. Easily pleased? 2nd in the league and 2 dodgy performances on the back of an 11 match winning streak?

I suggest you get out more and cheer up a bit, the weather in this country isn't THAT bad you know...

Guest WillsbridgeRed

City is a good laugh now, but Pre East end and pre run I was seriously considering giving up going everyweek. The boredom of sitting in silence watching rubbish just isn't worth it.

Now, however, a day at City is spot on

City is a good laugh now, but Pre East end and pre run I was seriously considering giving up going everyweek.  The boredom of sitting in silence watching rubbish just isn't worth it.

Suprised you didn't give up a couple of seasons ago! Things have been worse you know.

City is a good laugh now, but Pre East end and pre run I was seriously considering giving up going everyweek.  The boredom of sitting in silence watching rubbish just isn't worth it.

Thats exactly my point Willsbridge,

I have read hundreds of your posts and you come accross as being dedicated (well apart from the Saints bit) to City. If you were having second thoughts, what hope do we have with people less devoted? I think the admission prices in conjuction with the quality on show may have a bearing with some people.

The chore statement was only trying to illustrate how bad I feel the 'entertainment' has been for the majority of this season and can I add I have never felt this way about watching the team I love prior to this season - even including the Tony Clueless era.

I was drinking more back then though, maybe that gave me the necessary anaethesia, this season has been nothing short of painful.

Well Bristol Boy you are true to form, havnt heard you bleating when we had the run of form - soon as we have a hiccup , you start all the Mr Negative fibes, get rid of the mgr, vote with feet... what a prat.

We have the best mgr in the division & one of the best squads.what we need are 100% commited supporters, not perenial wingers.

Thats exactly my point Willsbridge,

I have read hundreds of your posts and you come accross as being dedicated (well apart from the Saints bit) to City. If you were having second thoughts, what hope do we have with people less devoted? I think the admission prices in conjuction with the quality on show may have a bearing with some people.

The chore statement was only trying to illustrate how bad I feel the 'entertainment' has been for the majority of this season and can I add I have never felt this way about watching the team I love prior to this season - even including the Tony Clueless era.

I was drinking more back then though, maybe that gave me the necessary anaethesia, this season has been nothing short of painful.

Don't really think painful is the word, we're still 2nd, I like this kinda pain if it's what we have to have in order to be 2nd :P

Nothing against WillsbridgeRed, but I wouldn't say that you could lump us all into his way of thinking. I've not thought once this season about giving up on the team I love. So I don't think we need to worry bout all our season ticket holders burning their books just yet!

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Suprised you didn't give up a couple of seasons ago! Things have been worse you know.
Ah but it's only really been this season that the Atyeo has turned into a joke with the top fella telling evryone to sit down.

Thank you for your kind comments oneteam, but I doubt I'd ever listen to myself about not going, same as most. How many times have we heard people coming out the ground or said to ourselves say "God that was terrible, never again" only to be there for the next match!

Lets face it, if you knew a film was going to be bad you wouldn't go, yet us football fans will carry on regardless. I few drop along the wayside when things get tough but it's what makes the rest more special. The press call us louts, make us sound stupid because we pay for a new shirt every season, people think we're racist, the police treat us like cattle and the chairmen treat us like expendable cannon fodder when people jump on the bandwagon but we still go on.

I would probably still drag myself down if we were in the conference, promising myself that good things were just around the corner. But I'm sure that most people would do the same.

Archived