IGNORED

1st Defeat To Non League Opposition?

Scrumpylegs

Apart from last week at Yeovil was just wondering if City have ever lost a competitive match to non-league opposition ?

Can't remember one personally - could be a potential for an upset here !

Just in case we do lose can I be the first one to say " was a Mickey Mouse cup anyway/ best concentrate on league".

I remember thata one !

Wasnt it Thorpe that scored the winner in injury time?

May I be the first to turn this into the obligatory East End thread?

I sat in the East End for this game. And the atmosphere was fantastic, our home end was a joy to witness, the East Enders roared our boys onto a great victory.

Hang on..... :devil::disapointed2se:

Would have preferred a home draw, but we will beat York, even if it takes 120 and pens.We need to be solid and disciplined and let them come at us initially, then make our game count.1-0.!!!!

We need to draw and a replay so that Louis Carey can play against Swansea.

[ducks]

Apart from last week at Yeovil was just wondering if City have ever lost a competitive match to non-league opposition ?

Just in case we do lose can I be the first one to say " was a Mickey Mouse cup anyway/ best concentrate on league".

:rofl2br:

Non-league?

:farmer:

York have an inform striker (something we are sadly lacking)

What apart from Jevons - two goals in two games i believe? :nana:

Stop worrying - we'll be fine. It's games like this where we rely on the manager to really motivates his team and gets the best out of the players. Oh bu**er! :unsure:

Yep its a miracle how the players managed to get to 4th in the table with the hinderance from the manager, isnt it? :disapointed2se:

We had a couple of scares back in 1980's.

VS Rugby took the lead against us in the second half at Ashton Gate but we eventually won 3-1 with some latish goals.

Bath City took us to a replay........

And hands up who saw us draw 0-0 against Corinthian Casuals (at Dulwich Hamlet) back in ?82, 83, 84?

We were really poor that day.......

but you always say that! if only it were true1

1901-02 our first year in the League we lost to the gas. :ranting:

The following year Spurs beat us (I don't think they were League at the time).

1907-08 to lost to Grimsby (I don't think they were League at the time either).

1910-11 season when City were in the top div, we lost 3-0 at home to non league Crewe! :o

The following year Northampton beat City.

1947-48 we drew at Dartford, but won the replay 9-2.

1960-61 after beating Chichester 11-0, we drew 2-2 at Kings Lynn and won that replay 3-0.

As has been posted Dulwich & Kingstonian have come close to beating City since then.

1960-61 after beating Chichester 11-0, we drew 2-2 at Kings Lynn and won that replay 3-0.

I met a guy last year on holiday who played for Chichester that day - he said it was men against boys!! Unfortunately he was also a Brighton fan and took great delight in wearing his PlayOff t-shirt to breakfast the day after finding out I was a City fan!

1901-02 our first year in the League we lost to the gas. :ranting:

The following year Spurs beat us (I don't think they were League at the time).

1907-08 to lost to Grimsby (I don't think they were League at the time either).

1910-11 season when City were in the top div, we lost 3-0 at home to non league Crewe! :o

The following year Northampton beat City.

1947-48 we drew at Dartford, but won the replay 9-2.

As has been posted Dulwich & Kingstonian have come close to beating City since then.

Gas yes :(, Spurs yes, Cobblers yes, Crewe yes, Grimsby no (they were Div 2 in 1907-08), others were:

Brentford (SL) in 1905-06

QPR (SL) in 1913-14 aet in replay

Gillingham (SL) in 1946-47 (only time its happened since WW2)

So that's seven times in all

Source: Guinness Record of the FA Cup

BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Vote for Shelley ...

Gas yes :(, Spurs yes, Cobblers yes, Crewe yes, Grimsby no (they were Div 2 in 1907-08), others were:

Brentford (SL) in 1905-06

QPR (SL) in 1913-14 aet in replay

Gillingham (SL) in 1946-47 (only time its happened since WW2)

So that's seven times in all

Source: Guinness Record of the FA Cup

Spurs may have even actually won the FA Cup after beating us !!!!! I seem to remember reading somewhere that Spurs were the only non-league club in the 20th Century to have won the FA Cup and that was during the early 1900's. :farmer:

Spurs may have even actually won the FA Cup after beating us !!!!! I seem to remember reading somewhere that Spurs were the only non-league club in the 20th Century to have won the FA Cup and that was during the early 1900's. :farmer:

They won it two years previously, the year they beat us they lost to Villa in the next round.

Same Source

They won it two years previously, the year they beat us they lost to Villa in the next round.

Same Source

THE most AMAZING FA Cup statistic from CityStats.......

1896/97 season: 10 Oct 1896 Bedminster 4 Bristol South End 2

FAC - 1Q 4500 Attendance

....as it stands Bristol South End and Bedminster are the two constituent parts of what is now Bristol City FC. We, therefore, won and lost the same game ????!!!! I'm sure I can make some kind of pub quiz question out of that football match. :juggle:

Archived