IGNORED

Proudest Moment Supporting City

TinnionForEngland

Oh, and BucksRed.....really anal nitpick here, but we didn't stop any Prem fans taking the p***when we beat Chelsea 3-1....that was about four or five years before the Prem came into being! :P  sorry......he he!
Pick noted, 1st Div fans stopped takin the p*** then-I'm an old git, memory shot you know.

Fair comment bout the City/Bolton LDV, twas a friendly day out, and I really thought it would be my only visit to Wembley, with the Reds, and b***** me we went again the following year and lost, aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh!!

another highlight is regularly out singing Watfart at their ground!!

Low point losing to Sjoke, just knowing we wernt good enuff on the day!!

seeing city win at wembley for the first and last time at that great old

wembley stadium and seeing bobby hutchingson walk up that famous

stairway just gave me goose bumbs and a proud feeling, no other

city player has ever done that or ever will :)

but at cardiff with the doc lifting the ldv was nice too :)

My proudest moment of seeing City hasnt actually come around yet, I'm still waiting for it too happen,, I missed the Liverpool away game, Ive watched us beat the gas a few times but #### opposition, I've seen us win promotion with John Ward but only sharpley lived, Ive seen us going to the top of the table this season with prob some of the worst players in DIV 2 in our side,,, The proudest moment I want to see though is the following...

A MANAGER TO COME WHO CAN KICK THE PLAYERS UP THE BACKSIDES, SIGHN A GOOD GOALSCORER, GET US OUT OF THIS #### DIVISION THEN SURVIVE A SEASON IN DIV 1.... I do hope it will happen soon!

cant believe no one has mentioned the semi final vs Forest in the Milk Cup..

We were the lower division side, and took one of the countries best teams to extra time in the second leg...hitting the post and almost winnning it...

The whole country were behind us, all over tyhe papers, live on tv etc etc....

It may have been ###### down but we had a party...

Proud? I cried...

Just ask Alan Walsh when he was proudest....

I wouldn't say this was my proudest moment with City, but the only time I can ever remember getting tears of pride like a big girl... :) ...was the game at Chester when we won promotion from the 4th division. Having watched the slide from 1st to 4th in consecutive seasons and come within a whisker of not having a club to support at all, that moment with thousands of us on Chester's pitch saluting the players in the directors box seemed symbolic of the start of The Great Ascent back to glory!

That 'ascent' has of course since turned into more of an 'undulating jog'. However, those two grim seasons in the basement are just as fresh in my memory as all the glory games at Liverpool and Wembley and Cardiff. Everyone from the Ashton 8, Terry Cooper, his players and the fans who stuck with it, can be real proud at how this club looks today. :)

lots of wonderful ones on this thread. Many of mine are the same. Really impressed with the first poster - not many people admit to tears in their eyes at matches. It happens to me from time to time but I've not admitted it. So here's a few of my best

1969-70 dreadful year, near the bottom at Easter. We played Luton at home. We were rubbish. Luton 2-0 up at half time Malcolm Macdonald may have scored them both. In the second half a different 11 must have come on. We won 3-2 and went on to stay up.

1974. Fear making sure that Leeds Utd didn't beat us down here. We beat Manchester United at Ashton Gate the same year - 37000 and 28000 respectively I think.

1976. Promotion to Division 1. We hit the post or crossbar in the second half. I always felt the game needed a second goal. the guy in fromnt of me had smuggled in a bottle of champagne and shared it out at the end.

1985. Amazing feeling winning at Wembley. I could not believe we were there let alone playing so well. I was just as speechless in the 3-0 semi win over Hereford.

1986 We wee faltering in the run up to the playoffs and I didn't go to a couple of hoe matches. We lost 2-0 at home to brentford and then the news came through that we had beaten Notts Co. I was sawing and nearly took my hand off. Then we went 1-0 up against Swindon on the last day and just for half an hour I really thought we were going into the playoffs against Sunderland for the first ever time.

1990. A wonderful team. Rennie scoring against Walsall when the whole pitch was surrounded by supporters, so beating the team that had "robbed" us of promotion in. Plus brilliant 3-0 at Chester and 5-0 at Swansea. The away end singing "we're proud of you". The way I jumped over four rows of seats when Dave Smith scored in the final minute against Shrewsbury.

1991 3-2 win at Watford on the last day - we so nearly got into the playoffs at the first attempt

2003 Victory in the LDV final. A wonderful red and white day

2004 Victory at Grimsby. Still a 4 hour drive home in the middle of the night but such an overwhelming feeling of "it was worth it"

I had a few mins at work to spare and was thinking about how much detail I could go into about the proudest day in my life as a city fan.ive spent so much time reading all the replies though that my spare few mins has gone!

Mine have to be.

1:Getting applauded by the Kop up at Anfield THAT night.

2:Celebrating on the pitch after the game with the players at Exeter in the Auto Windscreens in 2000

3:Crewe away the year we went down,talking to Davidson in the stand seing how much it meant to him.

4:Strange one but....beating York 1-0 away (Bell pen) on a Tues night.There wasnt many of us there and it just felt special.

as speechless in the 3-0 semi win over Hereford.

1990.  A wonderful team.  Rennie scoring against Walsall when the whole pitch was surrounded by supporters, so beating the team that had "robbed" us of promotion in.

Christ I remember that, and that old pitch did get invaded at least twice!!! Despite the appeals!! :):):D:D

Yep that would be one of mine, Jeez amazing how much you remember when someone else reminds ya!! :D:D

Archived