IGNORED

Average Home Attendance Is 11,225

And Its Smith

Half of it is to do with the atmosphere and half is the pricing. There's nothing to tempt me to drive up from Exeter on a matchday at the moment.

As a student, I have to pick and choose my games. Given £60 I'd rather go to 1 away match where I know there will be a good atmosphere amongst our fans and friendly banter with the other team, rather than 2/3 home games just sitting down and listening to half the people around me moan. For example, I'll be going to Swansea (and taking my Wycombe supporting mate to his first City game), but a home match against Gillingham just doesn't appeal (and, equally, I wouldn't dream of introducing my friend to BCFC in that way because I know he won't be impressed).

There's a point to be made there, but are you saying that people used to head down the Gate to watch Thorpe or Wilkshire?

And I thought Akinbiyi was with us before our average attendances got above 11,000 - less than now?

Funnily we were only talking about something similar this morning. I read in teh paper that Satn Bowles may be appearing in "Celebrity".

The point was that Stan was a character as were players like Rodney Marsh, Frank Worthington and a whole host more. There are no real characters in the game anymore.

Added to the fact that most players only appear to be in it for money and not the love of the game. It was perfectly normal for top players to drop down the leagues as their powers waned. Most, nowadays are too happy just to stop playing completely at relatively early ages.

Funnily we were only talking about something similar this morning. I read in teh paper that Satn Bowles may be appearing in "Celebrity".

The point was that Stan was a character as were players like Rodney Marsh, Frank Worthington and a whole host more. There are no real characters in the game anymore.

Added to the fact that most players only appear to be in it for money and not the love of the game. It was perfectly normal for top players to drop down the leagues as their powers waned. Most, nowadays are too happy just to stop playing completely at relatively early ages.

But if we're discussing the 1,500 we've lost over the last 3 years, I'd suggest that the only character who helped to draw me down the Gate was Tommy, and Basso now has far more charisma than any other player in the last 6-odd years.

Afraid I only go back to '90, so I can add Mark Gavin, and Jacki to the list, but nobody else really springs to mind in terms of character.

Bas?

Guest North Street

What tosh! :disapointed2se: Those that wish to poison themselves can do so within designated area's at AG without poisoning those non-smokers around them.

The segregation of smokers is a national and indeed international intiative designed to promote good health.Its not an arbitary decision by those in charge at AG to 'alienate' fans.

Firstly you cannot poison anybody from smoke from a cigarette in open stadium even if you deliberately set out to do so.

Any legislation concerning smoking which would affect City does not come into effect until 2007, the clubs decision did not involve a proper consultative process and i cannot recall Mr Sexstone mentioning this national and international intiative in FCF minutes.

I am sure all those who know have to stand outside the stadium at half time are delighted and i certain that the smoking ban has affected City's attendances although it would be a miniscule difference but this policy certainly does not help bridge the "disconnect" Mr Lansdown speaks of.

City's prices are comparable to other Division 1 clubs.It wasn't so long ago that we were all moaning about how expensive the Forest away tickets were and yet City took the best away support of the season so far.

As a manger in a care setting for people with learning disabilites i would like to point out that City's concessions for fans with disabilities are at best poor if not abysmal when compared to a club like Bournemouth.

Firstly you cannot poison anybody from smoke from a cigarette in open stadium even if you deliberately set out to do so.

Any legislation concerning smoking which would affect City does not come into effect until 2007, the clubs decision did not involve a proper consultative process and i cannot recall Mr Sexstone mentioning this national and international intiative in FCF minutes.

I am sure all those who know have to stand outside the stadium at half time are delighted and i certain that the smoking ban has affected City's attendances although it would be a miniscule difference but this policy certainly does not help bridge the "disconnect" Mr Lansdown speaks of.

Of course you can poison the people around you and the smoke drifts up to those benind you or along to those beside you.I've had to move seats in previous seasons because of people smoking next to or in front of me.

The legislation comes in next summer but who can blame City or any other public arena for adopting the policy now? and whats to discuss with FCF? - Its going to be law in about 7 months time anyway.

I don't believe for one second that having restricted smoking area's has effected the crowds.There is no smoking in the Dolman Hall and attendences are slightly up on last year.

The real reasons have already been highlighted on this thead - success on the pitch is the most significant one imo.

After demonstrating that attendances are not down much if at all on previous seasons the thread goes on to have half a dozen reasons to explain the deficit that doesn't exist and ends up talking about the practicalities of one City fan poisoning another.

I love this forum. :city:

Guest North Street

After demonstrating that attendances are not down much if at all on previous seasons the thread goes on to have half a dozen reasons to explain the deficit that doesn't exist and ends up talking about the practicalities of one City fan poisoning another.

I love this forum. :city:

I honestly believe for a club around the top four Citys Gates are dissapointing and are being bolstered [quite rightly so] by schemes such as families for the future.

99-00 9,803

00-01 10,369

01-02 11,220

02-03 11,890

03-04 12,879

04-05 11,391

05-06 11,725

06-07 11,225

Just looking at this, we're 500 down and we've not had one 'big' game yet (minus possibly Brighton).....mannn, really, what's the fuss? :Cool27:

Forest, Yeovil, Swansea, Cheltenham (debatably - an average att. booster) still to come. Plus Bournemouth, Brentford and Millwall. (Again - all larger than average away following's)

Were all the figures taken at this time of season or just 06-07?

They're all fairly 'give or take' considering end of league form and size of away following/Club anyway (per season).

Am I just being silly here :Confused13:

Just looking at this, we're 500 down and we've not had one 'big' game yet (minus possibly Brighton).....mannn, really, what's the fuss? :Cool27:

Forest, Yeovil, Swansea, Cheltenham (debatably - an average att. booster) still to come. Plus Bournemouth, Brentford and Millwall. (Again - all larger than average away following's)

Were all the figures taken at this time of season or just 06-07?

They're all fairly 'give or take' considering end of league form and size of away following/Club anyway (per season).

Am I just being silly here :Confused13:

All the clubs are down this season. Not sure if it was the world cup flop or gate prices going up again. THe choice is yours :(

Archived