IGNORED

Loan Signing

Is it about time we started to look for a loan signing ?? I think a loan signing would boost morale in the team as well as regenerate interest from the fans,

I remember last season that Cardiff did a deal to bring Chadwick on loan (before Reading stepped in) and he would have been a brilliant signing, I know that this season he is at Burnley but I am sure that there must be a few Premier League teams with some exciting players that cant get in the first team, and the manager is willing to let them go out on loan for a while.

Look how well Swindle did when they had Milner, may be we just need someone to reinject some confidence.

I am sure that there must be a few Premier League teams with some exciting players that cant get in the first team, and the manager is willing to let them go out on loan for a while.

Yes ... there's a young lad called Fagan at Birmingham, a winger called Singh at Leeds. Southampton used to have an exciting prospect called Rodrigues.

If only we could entice players of that calibre to The Gate. :P

A loan signing would be great idea and if they were good enough it would give the whole squad a boost. Hopefully it might encourage some of our current squad member's to up their games a bit as well. A bit of competition for places would be a good thing.

Ideally I think we need an out-and-out right winger. There must be some quality players out there at various Premier League clubs. If Swansea can get a couple of Man Utd youngsters in then why can't we do something similar ? There must be some highly thought of youngster's (and possibly some experienced pro's) at the likes of Chel$ki, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc crying out for a game. Jerome Thomas at Arsenal might be worth a shot, he's highly thought of by the Gooners. Talking of Liverpool youngsters, they've got a great young player up there by the name of John Welsh (I think he's more of a central midfielder though).

B)

Yes ... there's a young lad called Fagan at Birmingham, a winger called Singh at Leeds. Southampton used to have an exciting prospect called Rodrigues.

If only we could entice players of that calibre to The Gate. :P

but is that going back to the 'so-called' useless scouting system we currently have looking at young Premier League players? :D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

And how would we fund this???????

We have no cash ofr extra wages - The only way anyone will come in is by selling/ sacking some playing staff

I think that ballwinningcentrehalf was being sarcastic! Fagan was pretty useless when he was on loan down here last season (although doing well for colchester), harpel singh went back north after two games because he was homesick (but did have a blinding debut) and Rodrigues look exciting but broke his leg.

Someone mentioned Partridge earlier on in the thread thats exactley the kinda player we want, he is no where near the liverpool first team yet was one of the top assisters in the first last season, i am sure houlier would let him come on loan just to toughen him up a bit. I am sure that there are a few more good players floating around premier reserve teams that there managers would want to see out on loan.

I'm not sure they'll let Partridge go on loan to the 2nd. I hear Coventry wanted him on loan for another season and Liverpool said no. Not sure what that means for us, but surly it is worth the price of a phone call to find out. (I also understand he enjoyed his time in Bristol when he was at loan with Rovers)

We could afford a loan player, I never realised how much Judas cost us a year!!!

Blimey thats cheered me up, the loss is down, all we need is that midfielder and things might improve, oh God the pills are wearing off...NURSE!

Never mind who you think we should loan, I've just looked at the legal side to loan signings. Only 3 loans permitted by a club in a season and 3 months is the most a player can come to you for. The borrowing club should pay the loanee's wages. This last point is variable though. 2 season's ago, a lowly club borrowed a Wimbledon player and W'don paid 90% of his wages! The other club couldn't afford him otherwise and W'don wanted him to get match experience.

Guest citysnumber7

exactly big clubs such as newcastle pay their wages to get match experience, so newcastle could lend him to us and pay his wages just for him to get some match experience, so it helps us and newcastle :blink:

A guy who works in our Company is Man-Ure mad (and he gets a lot of stick) and he said one for the future for Man U is Chris Eagles and Man Utd would allow him to go out on loan.

He can play anywhere across the middle and has a good left and excellent right feet.

MM

Archived