IGNORED

No Posts Post Match?

dezgimed

Cant complain, played well in patches, didnt do much but scored 3 whilst still missing some of our better players.

Gillingham scored a brilliant goal then sat back and time wasted ridiculously.

Alex Russell/Phil Jevons need to learn to tackle and stop bottling out of challenges or midfields will walk all over us even more so.

Jevons should have scored to make it 2-1, had a generally poor game apart from last 20 mins when he set up the goal.

Keogh is brilliant at right back at the moment, deservedly keeping Orr out.

Showumni showed how we've missed him, effected the team for the better no end.

I'm happy.

Best yet to come.

:dance:

Good result, that's what counts.

Both the first goals were class, Keogh's especially. He deserved man of the match.

Gillingham played (read timewasted) for a point even after they scored against the run of play. Literally spent an hour trying to cheat their way to a point.

Showunmi took his goal well and was a presence but as usual his touch and passing was hit and miss.

Jevons looked better than the Yeovil game but still plays outside the penalty box too much for my liking, he needs to get in there.

The back four were all very good with Keogh and McAllister standing out. Basso didn't even have a Basso moment and was comfortable if not overworked.

Midfield pairing... Russell didn't affect things as much as usual and Johnson uncharacteristically failed to complete a pass in the entire game - he needs to get his radar serviced it was very unlike him.

Myrie-Williams pace cause trouble on occasion but he was a little quiet and Cole Skuse had a reasonable game considering the ludicrous positions he found himself playing in.

Murray and Orr both did well when they came on.

Funny moment was the chorus of "We want Bas".

Good result, that's what counts.

Both the first goals were class, Keogh's especially. He deserved man of the match.

Gillingham played (read timewasted) for a point even after they scored against the run of play. Literally spent an hour trying to cheat their way to a point.

Showunmi took his goal well and was a presence but as usual his touch and passing was hit and miss.

Jevons looked better than the Yeovil game but still plays outside the penalty box too much for my liking, he needs to get in there.

The back four were all very good with Keogh and McAllister standing out. Basso didn't even have a Basso moment and was comfortable if not overworked.

Midfield pairing... Russell didn't affect things as much as usual and Johnson uncharacteristically failed to complete a pass in the entire game - he needs to get his radar serviced it was very unlike him.

Myrie-Williams pace cause trouble on occasion but he was a little quiet and Cole Skuse had a reasonable game considering the ludicrous positions he found himself playing in.

Murray and Orr both did well when they came on.

Funny moment was the chorus of "We want Bas".

Thought E S looked strong today.

If he stays fit, the lad will push us all the way to promotion.

And Murray.

Cant fault him for the 20mins he was on.

If only over 90 mins..but fair play Scotty

It was a workmanlike performance from City.They never hit third gear all a game and still had enough to see off the Gills who had they pushed on after they took the lead might have got something from the game.Instead they started to sit back and Jarvis who had impressed down the right wing was starved of the ball.

That said City were far better in the second half.They came out with more purpose and overall deserved the win.As Nibor says Johnson Junior was not at the races today.He was very poor and was just having a bad day.Russell had to work his socks off to cover for JJ's misplaced passes.

The Gills goal was superb.Well created and well taken.Not many teams would have stopped that going in.Keogh's goal was also pretty good.

Nice to see Big Bas recieve such a warm reception from the faithfull.

Overall - a win.Not spectacular or convincing but a win.Now upto third in the league and two points closer to Forest.

where is everyone ?

Good result

Judging by the comments around me when we went one down, they are currently tearing up their scripts and trying to find something negative to post about something else.

Gills played well in the 1st 20 but we didn't help ourselves by winning tackles and then giving them the ball back with poor passes. The goal they scored was as good as I have seen scored against in this league, the finish reminded me of Eastwood of Southend.

They then tried to sit on what they had, this helped City develop a better rhythm and we scored 3 good goals ourselves.

Lee Johnson probably had his poorest game since coming to the club, But they all worked hard and once they went 2-1 up I thought they would go on to win it.

Dermot Gallagher was appalling which was disappointing because in the past, the prem Refs have been very good down here.

Lee Johnson was very poor today

but to say it was an off day i have to disagree

For me thats the norm

since he joined us ive only seen him have ONE great game

He is way to lightweight for me

The sooner we get back to Russell and Noble in the centre the better

I'd much rather see Lee Johnson in the team ahead of David Noble. He's always on the lookout for ball and making himself available for the pass. On another (particularly fortuitous) day he could have scored five goals:

1. Shot blocked from 20 yards by defender when heading for the keepers top right.

2. Free kick heading for the keepers left that was deflected for a corner.

3. Shot on the right hand corner of the box that the keeper saved at his left hand post.

4. A poor pass from Jevons that should have seen Johnson clean through and twelve yards out.

5. The miss from inside the 6 yard box when he spooned it over the bar.

I can't recall David Noble ever being so near the oppositions goal with such regularity in a game. Once Lee has a goal under his belt I'm confident more will follow.

PS - Great to see Bristol beat the Toff/Snobs at The Rec tonight.

Phil

Judging by the comments around me when we went one down, they are currently tearing up their scripts and trying to find something negative to post about something else.

Gills played well in the 1st 20 but we didn't help ourselves by winning tackles and then giving them the ball back with poor passes. The goal they scored was as good as I have seen scored against in this league, the finish reminded me of Eastwood of Southend.

They then tried to sit on what they had, this helped City develop a better rhythm and we scored 3 good goals ourselves.

Lee Johnson probably had his poorest game since coming to the club, But they all worked hard and once they went 2-1 up I thought they would go on to win it.

Dermot Gallagher was appalling which was disappointing because in the past, the prem Refs have been very good down here.

To be fair at least Gallagher tried to let the game flow. However, his lack of action over their apalling time wasting was disgraceful............they came for a point, I think their goalkeeper would have made a good advert for a future use of shop mobility for away keepers. :laugh:

My first game fer a few weeks now. We were poor till the 2nd half and then we battered them for most of the second. MCallister, Keogh Mcombe and Fontaine were excellent.and we have Carey, and Orr fighting for places too. Keogh shaded MCallister by virtue of the goal, IMHO.

Basso had a good game, if hardly overworked

Jevo and Johnson, I really cant see what the fuss is all about. Myrie Williams, TODAY ditto, Russell was our best midfielder by a country mile. I take it Noble is injured, likewise Scott Brown?

Showumnini was outstanding if a little lacking in match fitness

Murray is still not tackling very much, but a good spell for him.

A good result, and fair play was a lot of good stuff, but why do we never seem to hit the ground running.

Kelvin Jack should have been booked for time wasting, and indeed the whole gills side looked as if they were settling for the draw.

Personally thanks to Dolls, Jay, Exiled in Watford, Grifty Citykev, Robbored and everyone else (So many, if I forgot your names-sorry!) I met! nice to put faces to names after years of posting on yer :chant6ez:

Archived