IGNORED

Fortress Ashton

Ian M

• Admin

Looking at the League table, although we've always seemed to do ok, we've really stepped up and become a decent side results wise at home.

We currently have the best home record in the division averaging 2.44 points per game.

All we need to do is improve our current relegation form away from home (1.11 ppg) and an auto place is ours for the taking.

I noticed as well that City's home form is the best in the division, only dropping 4 points so far.Its an unusual fact as in previous seasons teams have come to the Gate and tried to sit back for 90 mins but this season teams seem to be more open.Blackpool,Oldham,Crewe and Doncaster all played City off the park for long periods and today the Gills came at City for the first 30 mins.

It makes for more exciting games when the games ebb and flow.Long may it continue.....as long as City keep winning.

Looking at the League table, although we've always seemed to do ok, we've really stepped up and become a decent side results wise at home.

We currently have the best home record in the division averaging 2.44 points per game.

All we need to do is improve our current relegation form away from home (1.11 ppg) and an auto place is ours for the taking.

I know a statto like you Madger can answer this: what is the average position of teams we have played at home? I think the good home record is because we've only really played Crewe from the top teams?!?!

The stats might prove me completely wrong (which would be good) so be tactful if I'm talking boll.....

Just looking at our upcoming home fixtures and I don't see any problems winning all of these:

Carlisle (H) - shit-shocking away record, only scored 5 times - won 1 drwn 4 lst 4. Long way to come on a Tuesday night.

Millbrawl (H) - even worse away record and generally crap team - won 2 drwn 0 lst 7!!

Bournemouth (H) - In free fall with the clueless IMO Bonds in charge, away record even worse than Millbrawls! - won 0 drwn 5 lst 4

Port Vale (H) - Beat them quite comfortably at Vale Park not so long ago, only scored 8 away from home. Mid-table side at best - won 4 drwn 1 lst 4

Really should be 12 points from those next 4 home games, in which case our home record would be won 11 drawn 1 lost 1 :o

Somethings bound to go wrong...

Just looking at our upcoming home fixtures and I don't see any problems winning all of these:

Carlisle (H) - shit-shocking away record, only scored 5 times - won 1 drwn 4 lst 4. Long way to come on a Tuesday night.

Millbrawl (H) - even worse away record and generally crap team - won 2 drwn 0 lst 7!!

Bournemouth (H) - In free fall with the clueless IMO Bonds in charge, away record even worse than Millbrawls! - won 0 drwn 5 lst 4

Port Vale (H) - Beat them quite comfortably at Vale Park not so long ago, only scored 8 away from home. Mid-table side at best - won 4 drwn 1 lst 4

Really should be 12 points from those next 4 home games, in which case our home record would be won 11 drawn 1 lost 1 :o

What lose the lot......no chance.

Think will win ume all, away games very tricky though

I know a statto like you Madger can answer this: what is the average position of teams we have played at home? I think the good home record is because we've only really played Crewe from the top teams?!?!

The stats might prove me completely wrong (which would be good) so be tactful if I'm talking boll.....

It always seems to be the case that generally we have the harder away fixtures and the easier home fixtures in the first half of the season.

I would expect a better away record after Xmas but the maybe a few points dropped at AG.

yep get a quality striker in and Brooks fit and scoring,IT is in our own hands then.

Lets hope this deal comes off for Holt.

yep get a quality striker in and Brooks fit and scoring,IT is in our own hands then.

Lets hope this deal comes off for Holt.

Holt? keep up, Calderwood has laughed the deal off, and the player himself has said he hasn't spoke to city and has no interest in speaking to city.

as for quality striker, Enoch is back and his goal record speaks for itself.

with Jevons, Brooker and Enoch all at 100% we will hopefully pull away a bit from the chasing pack

• Admin

Over a season, the average position of your opponents will have been 13th if you have finished 1st and 12th if you have finished bottom.

Currently our average opposition have been 12.22th. ie, if we are to finish 1st (and average 13th placed opposition) then we've got more lower opposition to play than higher opposition.

Although you mention Crewe as the only top side we've faced, it may be worth considering that 2 of the teams we've faced at home are placed higher than them.

Gillingham were 10th and in fairly decent form heading into our meeting with them yesterday.

Guest Jan Mollars Gloves

Following City, we always think that the wheels will come off.

Personally, I feel that we arn't playing well at home, but still getting the results.

Maybe thats the winning formula.

Archived