IGNORED

Scott Murray

Paul Hudd

As much as SM has been a loyal (we'll forget his holiday in Reading) servant to the club, will he get a new contract at the end of this season??

At this moment, I'd say 'no'. He's a bench warmer at best for me and a shadow of his former self. I'm not ignoring his fantastic service to this club but, let's face it, this is football and he may well be subject to an 'out with the old, in with the new' policy.

At this moment, I'd say 'no'. He's a bench warmer at best for me and a shadow of his former self. I'm not ignoring his fantastic service to this club but, let's face it, this is football and he may well be subject to an 'out with the old, in with the new' policy.

based on his overall performance on saturday, there is still some life in the old dog yet, he isn't going to start every game, but still a worthwhile player to have in the squad, wouldn't be surpised if he got an extra year in the summer.

100 goals would be great, not sure he will quite get there though

based on his overall performance on saturday, there is still some life in the old dog yet, he isn't going to start every game, but still a worthwhile player to have in the squad, wouldn't be surpised if he got an extra year in the summer.

100 goals would be great, not sure he will quite get there though

Agree that there is life on the old dog but I'm not convinced that he's a first team starter for me. Coming off the bench like he did on Saturday worked well. I also hope he gets 100 goals. However, I'd not be tearful if his contract wasn't renewed for as long as a suitable replacement was used.

no not every week, but he still has the fear factor from other teams as he is still living on his reputation back few years back when basically teams tried to mark him out the game, the moment he came on saturday, same happened, that helped create the space for Jevons to get a good few clear runs

had a quick look though and although he be close to 100 goals, he is only 15 away from 400 games for City, any player who does that deserves respect and it is a shame when it comes to an end for them,

hopefully Scotty reach that milestone at least,

as per football league review on sky last night he's 1 short of his 100 appearances (in his second spell) for BCFC. Think i remembered that correctly.

I'd give him another year.

The likelihood of an extra year will depend on where we are next season, I can't see Super-Scott, at his age being involved in the Championship.Deserves all the accolades though for the pleasure he has given and his undoubted passion for the club.

The likelihood of an extra year will depend on where we are next season, I can't see Super-Scott, at his age being involved in the Championship.Deserves all the accolades though for the pleasure he has given and his undoubted passion for the club.

Agreed - At his best Murray was sensational and has probably given as much joy to the fans over the seasons as any other player in the last 30 years.

Sadly he's nearing his sell-by date.

I thought when he came on on Saturday he made a positive impact on the game and gave the side a bit more belief.

I think he is still worth is place in the team, I don't think GJ gets the best out of him. Murray is the type of person who responds well to a arm round the shoulder,GJ approach is more of a kick up the back side.

I don't think Murray will get a new contract out of GJ. GJ will do it his way and he will see Murray as part of the old order.

GJ is building a team of big committed players, flare players and star players have no part in his team. I know some fans will see this as a good thing, but I like to see players who make me get of my seat and play with a bit of flare.

Murray is a sub ,yes but i would give him a contract ,he has still got goals in him and is still a good player .

If Murrays contract had been up at the end of last season, I strongly doubt that GJ would have re-signed him. At the end of this season, no chance of a contract.

Sentiment is no more in the current football equation. Its money and results. 20 -30 years ago he would get another contract to fullfil his 400/100 matches/goals. Todays managers cannot afford sentiment, its results or out.

doubt it, his age is agin him. and am I the only one to notice he don't tackle any more?

I don't think tackling has ever been his strong point though!

No it hasn't, but he worries me now because he pulls out of tackles and that is actually more dangerous both for him and the opponent. He has come close to causing a nasty challenge in recent games.

As for the 100 goals, I can't see him making it. He may make 90 by the end of the season if the goal on Saturday gives him another confidence boost.

Am I right in thinking that 2 more goals will take into our all time top 10? If so that is very reachable and a great achievement.

Many of us would like to see a wide player or two signed in January and I think that would reduce Scotty's chances of playing and getting a contract much more.

I thought Scott had little support but it was good to hear the fans launch into Scott Scott Super Scott even before the game started let alone after his goal. To get so many goals from a wide position I wonder why he hasn't had an extended run up front alongside a target man? He's not bad in the air for a short bloke! Hat-trick on Saturday would help :city:

Archived