IGNORED

Swansea Tickets/Coaches (merged threads)

Bristol Boy

Frankly I wouldn't have believed how few we have sold when I booked mine weeks ago. :no:

1,090 for a Severnside Derby when we're joint second in the League :disapointed2se::no::no: They'll bring more here as long as they're in the top ten.......and a pile more if they're second and before anyone asks, the same travel restrictions apply!

I've heard all the excuses on previous threads and frankly, they're mostly just that.If I hear anybody later on in the season moaning because they can't get a ticket for a home or away game, or having the audacity to describe us as having potential or as a big club, this subject will will be ressurected as a reminder.

The Police & Swansea must be absolutely delighted and, no doubt we can expect a 7,000 crowd for the home game with M'Wall now that it's ridiculously all ticket for home fans on a traditionally BLACK Saturday. :doh:

I've done an article for the ST about our poor away form, but even I had severly undersestimated the mood of despondency amongst our travelling support which I thought had seen a resurgence at Forest & Yeovil-Still, looking at the results and, moreover, the performances, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. :dunno:

I don't suppose the flat news week (Look at the site this morning for confirmation-You can get Lee Millers shirt though) ref signings/lack of them and GJ's silence has helped (although he's probably flat out trying to bring in some players) Before someone says "If there isn't any news you can't report it".....are you kidding?? The paper, forums & websites have been full of Holt, Stewart et all, all week.

Sorry lads but this is a real let down at a time when a City win will see us second if Scunny don't win.

I mentioned this in the other post. 1090 is poor, taking into consideration we are joint second, against a top six team, it being swansea, and not to far.

No doubting swansea will sell atleast 500 tickets more when they visit the Gate:disapointed2se:

Ahwell we will just have to make an extra effort for all the pople that arnt going, and make a cracking atmosphere.

Really looking forward to this one. :city::city::city:

Obvious why it's low - Coach only, sunday league football, family day ect ect.

So if we get to the play offs and that's on a Sunday, people wont't go then either?.......Don't think so

It's good to see City fans are making a point and slowly but surely voting with their feet. We won't accept being treated like mugs, which we are on so many levels.

If they're being teated like mugs, then they've fallen for it again.Do you think the Police want us there and they're the ones that have imposed these "lesser" restrictions since last year? We should have sold out and made a right racket

Frankly I wouldn't have believed how few we have sold when I booked mine weeks ago. :no:

1,090 for a Severnside Derby when we're joint second in the League :disapointed2se::no::no: They'll bring more here as long as they're in the top ten.......and a pile more if they're second and before anyone asks, the same travel restrictions apply!

I've heard all the excuses on previous threads and frankly, they're mostly just that.If I hear anybody later on in the season moaning because they can't get a ticket for a home or away game, or having the audacity to describe us as having potential or as a big club, this subject will will be ressurected as a reminder.

The Police & Swansea must be absolutely delighted and, no doubt we can expect a 7,000 crowd for the home game with M'Wall now that it's ridiculously all ticket for home fans on a traditionally BLACK Saturday. :doh:

I've done an article for the ST about our poor away form, but even I had severly undersestimated the mood of despondency amongst our travelling support which I thought had seen a resurgence at Forest & Yeovil-Still, looking at the results and, moreover, the performances, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. :dunno:

I don't suppose the flat news week (Look at the site this morning for confirmation-You can get Lee Millers shirt though) ref signings/lack of them and GJ's silence has helped (although he's probably flat out trying to bring in some players) Before someone says "If there isn't any news you can't report it".....are you kidding?? The paper, forums & websites have been full of Holt, Stewart et all, all week.

Sorry lads but this is a real let down at a time when a City win will see us second if Scunny don't win.

don't worry my friend, us that are there will make some noise!

:englandsmile4wf::w00t::clapping:

Yeah, I know, can I however deal with being sat next to some scarf wearing, flask wielding, packed lunch munching scarfer that travels on CATS by CHOICE! :(

I agree but just have a couple beers before, then straight in the ground where they sell more :D:D:city::city::city::city::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

So if we get to the play offs and that's on a Sunday, people wont't go then either?.......Don't think so

You've answered your own point though. Play offs are something different, a league game however (and dress it up how you want, Swansea is not a derby) - Is not out of the ordinary.

If they're being teated like mugs, then they've fallen for it again.Do you think the Police want us there and they're the ones that have imposed these "lesser" restrictions since last year? We should have sold out and made a right racket

Swansea are the losers though, aren't they. They've lost the ticket sales they may have had. If the police want to see this as a victory, then fine. If people want to be treated like cattle is what is supposed to be a free and open country, then they are complicit.

City don't lose any money from us not selling tickets, and if the level of support makes so much difference, why do we get turned over by teams with less than 200 fans, like we have against the likes of Chesterfield in the past.

Sunday 1.30pm KO - what were you expecting?? I think over a thousand is decent.

There are probably 4/5 Premiership clubs that struggle to take that sort of number to early Sunday KO's that are broadcast on Sky for example.

Blackburn's away support is pitiful, last season they took 400 fans to Aston Villa on New Years day.

I pushed the boat out to buy tickets for Brentford, Forest and Yeovil.

For a variety of reasons i didn't enjoy any of them. :(

I certainly didn't think the effort or desire displayed by the players at Brentford and Yeovil merited further outlay on away trips at the moment. They were expensive and negative experiences and i'm in no hurry to repeat them.

When the fans are confident City will perform away from home they will turn up in numbers whatever the restrictions - at the moment it is often hard to see that the passionate banks of Red and White are inspirational to the players.

The desire to "be there" is bound to decrease under those circumstances.

Yeah, I know, can I however deal with being sat next to some scarf wearing, flask wielding, packed lunch munching scarfer that travels on CATS by CHOICE! :(

You might be sat next to me and I don't fall into that category.

If it was every away game or more than once a year, I'd agree.As a one off it's a minor inconvenience at worst and for some people, it's actually convenient due to extended coach pick up points.

You might be sat next to me and I don't fall into that category.

If it was every away game or more than once a year, I'd agree.As a one off it's a minor inconvenience at worst and for some people, it's actually convenient due to extended coach pick up points.

I think you are in the minority BB, Sunday will be like a SAGA day trip with added spice of replica shirts and tartan blankets!

I certainly didn't think the effort or desire displayed by the players at Brentford and Yeovil merited further outlay on away trips at the moment. They were expensive and negative experiences and i'm in no hurry to repeat them.

When the fans are confident City will perform away from home they will turn up in numbers whatever the restrictions - at the moment it is often hard to see that the passionate banks of Red and White are inspirational to the players.

TO BE FAIR THIS POST IS SPOT ON.

The last three away games don't give us much hope,Yeovil was dire FANS LET DONE,Forest fantastic fans responce TEAM LET US DOWN, BRENTFORD poor performance FANS LET DOWN.

I can see why people feel loathed to go with the above performances.

No striker signed to help the cause,EVERYBODY CAN SEE WE HAVE BEEN POOR IN THIS AREA FOR MONTHS.

Me too

Me too-Principally the one point we picked up and the one goal scored in open play.....and that was by a centre half

Don't blame you and I'm sure you speak for many-However, we still can't harp on about lack of tickets & restrictions being a nuisance and then not turn up, IMHO

When the fans are confident City will perform away from home they will turn up in numbers whatever the restrictions -

Would have been the case five or ten years ago, but not now

at the moment it is often hard to see that the passionate banks of Red and White are inspirational to the players.

On current form, you may be correct

I can understand that and I'm not travelling expecting to see us win.......I'd have just liked some company

The last three away games don't give us much hope,Yeovil was dire FANS LET DONE,Forest fantastic fans responce TEAM LET US DOWN, BRENTFORD poor performance FANS LET DOWN.

I can see why people feel loathed to go with the above performances.

Second in the League? Nah

There are probably 4/5 Premiership clubs that struggle to take that sort of number to early Sunday KO's that are broadcast on Sky for example.

It's not on Sky though or it would be more understandable

Blackburn's away support is pitiful, last season they took 400 fans to Aston Villa on New Years day.

And, on occassions they're worth watching

I wonder if we would have sold our full allocation IF Holt would have signed, my guess is that it wouldn't be far off. The unfortunate fact is that those who are going probably think that we will be lucky to get a point and/or score a goal!

I'm sure it would have helped put 200-300 on the figures.A late quality loan signing would also do it and we have until Thursday........trouble is they stop booking coaches today

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think you'd be surprised who's there

Still, better than sitting next to some saddo teenage numpty wearing Burberry, though, I guess.

Never judge a book by it's cover-We'll all get a tad jingoistic next :whistle2:

You've answered your own point though. Play offs are something different, a league game however (and dress it up how you want, Swansea is not a derby) - Is not out of the ordinary.

Well it's been far more lively than a game against Swindon or the Gas for numerous years-Derby or No Derby and, let's face it, it is a Derby.England v Wales as well.

Swansea are the losers though, aren't they. They've lost the ticket sales they may have had. If the police want to see this as a victory, then fine. If people want to be treated like cattle is what is supposed to be a free and open country, then they are complicit.

Financialy you're correct.From a support and noise standpoint NO.GJ reckons that the support is the 12th man and whilst that's spin/media hype, I'm still surprised and disappointed that we have allowed those who would have the stadiums empty, to win.

It's once a year, so no complicity here.Do you think if nobody went from Bristol the police would remove the restrictions next time??

City don't lose any money from us not selling tickets, and if the level of support makes so much difference, why do we get turned over by teams with less than 200 fans, like we have against the likes of Chesterfield in the past.

At the end of the day, it's all about players and form.If we're better, we'll normally win, whether there's 1,000 or 10,000 City Fans there.It's just with us 2nd and based on previous years, I think it's a sad refelction on our club.

Get your facts right:

MON 02-JAN-06 Blackburn Rovers v Portsmouth

Why lie?????? :dunno:

Get your facts right:

MON 02-JAN-06 Blackburn Rovers v Portsmouth

Why lie?????? :dunno:

Whoah, didn't realise I was dealing with a statto. It was New Years Day 2005 in fact. 2nd of January is not New Years Day is it?

Cheek to call me a liar as well, seeing as you're the numpty that thought Forests top boozer was a wine bar

Couldnt we open the E.E for that day for home fans, and lay on some nice prawn sarnies for a nice little picnic :dunno:

hahaha i was there that day!! 400 is being generous!! Having said that, I'm off to Feyenoord tomorrow and Blackburn (i would say "we" but City are my 1st love!) have sold just under 3,000!

Not sure what my point is here but hey, look out for the red cross in the away end with "bristol BS20" on!!

hahaha i was there that day!! 400 is being generous!! Having said that, I'm off to Feyenoord tomorrow and Blackburn (i would say "we" but City are my 1st love!) have sold just under 3,000!

Not sure what my point is here but hey, look out for the red cross in the away end with "bristol BS20" on!!

So if you can afford that you can afford Swansea then.

What coach are you on?

Thank the Good Lord I gave up on this a few years ago. To everyone of you travelling to Swansea might I courtesly say why? The club and the police are taking you for a ride - there is almost a case here for Amnesty International to investigate. You can go to Swansea if you travel on an official coach from X and after the match you must stay in the ground for 30 minutes - let's be honest - would any intelligent member of the human race voluntarily put up with this? If supporters boycotted this sort of madness 100% then this sort of madness would not happen. Anyway - enjoy your day out. At the end of the day, civil liberties far outweigh heavy-handed treatment like this. If 3000 fans can make their own way to Forest, what's the problem?

Archived