IGNORED

Swansea Tickets/Coaches (merged threads)

Bristol Boy

Thank the Good Lord I gave up on this a few years ago. To everyone of you travelling to Swansea might I courtesly say why? The club and the police are taking you for a ride - there is almost a case here for Amnesty International to investigate. You can go to Swansea if you travel on an official coach from X and after the match you must stay in the ground for 30 minutes - let's be honest - would any intelligent member of the human race voluntarily put up with this?

Nobody has said that this is their preffered method of transport or that it's a jolly wheeze, have they?It is the only way you can see the game live and support our team.Once a season I'll live with that.I don't like it but it's the call of the police and they couldn't care less about football

If supporters boycotted this sort of madness 100% then this sort of madness would not happen.

Easily done-and that's exactly what the police would like or can't you see that?We can then boycott the club because they won't open the EE or allow standing and then it'll cease to exist.Job done. :disapointed2se:

Anyway - enjoy your day out. At the end of the day, civil liberties far outweigh heavy-handed treatment like this. If 3000 fans can make their own way to Forest, what's the problem?

We had 4.400 at Forest and, just to give the police justification for stunts like this there were several arrests and a pub got smashed to smithereens.And........before you say it, that doesn't mean we're all hooligans or should be treated as such, however, that's what happens in the real world.

Why are so many people moaning about having to go on coaches! Its £10!! A lot cheaper than if you made your own way :city:

Because I won't go on principle sounds better than:

I can't afford it.

I can't be arsed to get up.

I'd rather go to the pub.

My missus won't let me.

Chelsea v Man Utd is on the telly.

I'm scared.

City have been sh1te away from home lately

I don't even go to home games but I think I'll throw my two peneth in.

and I'd be OK with all of those reasons, if people were honest. :disapointed2se:

I'd also be happier if they didn't have all this nonsense about "City til I die" and "City Fan For Life" &-"Right Behind Gary" in thier postings.Pontificating & Hypocrisy of the highest order. :angry:

So if you can afford that you can afford Swansea then.

What coach are you on?

Exactly!! Don't say you can't afford it then proceed to say you are doing all these other things!! There is a difference between not being able to afford it and not wanting to go.

I bought my ticket today. I'm on coach 25, and apparently theres 8 tickets left in total. Get in quickly people!! :yawn:

The thing I don't understand is they say all this coach only is for our safety but how on earth do the Police keep 25 coaches protected, surely your a sitting duck for the stone throwing yob .

£25 for coach & ticket is a bargain in todays market, don't mind doing it as a one off.

Exactly!! Don't say you can't afford it then proceed to say you are doing all these other things!! There is a difference between not being able to afford it and not wanting to go.

If people don't want to go thats up to them,there loss as should be a cracking day.

The thing I don't understand is they say all this coach only is for our safety but how on earth do the Police keep 25 coaches protected, surely your a sitting duck for the stone throwing yob .

£25 for coach & ticket is a bargain in todays market, don't mind doing it as a one off.

If people don't want to go thats up to them,there loss as should be a cracking day.

Yeah but it just irritates me when they say they can't afford it but then proceed to shout about something else they are doing that costs a ton more money!! If you can't afford it fine but if you can and believe your a supporter get on that coach on Sunday!!!

Guest east_dundry_red

Why are so many people moaning about having to go on coaches! Its £10!! A lot cheaper than if you made your own way :city:

No chance put 5 of you in a car from bristol and its £5 each at most.

Me a mate and my brother have just paid £30 to go on coach when petrol would of cost us £10.

Thats what annoys me, 3 of us in a car for £10 flat and its only 30mins down the road 35 if there is a bit of traffic. What annoys me is that when were stuck in the ground for half hour after the game i could of been in the pub in time for the chelsea v man utd game.

• Admin

If you can't afford it fine but if you can and believe your a supporter get on that coach on Sunday!!!

How very simplistic of you ! - there are many reasons why a lot of people wont be going.

Many of them no doubt were going home and away before you were even born so PLEASE don't make such flippant and irritable comments like that.

No chance put 5 of you in a car from bristol and its £5 each at most.

Me a mate and my brother have just paid £30 to go on coach when petrol would of cost us £10.

Thats what annoys me, 3 of us in a car for £10 flat and its only 30mins down the road 35 if there is a bit of traffic. What annoys me is that when were stuck in the ground for half hour after the game i could of been in the pub in time for the chelsea v man utd game.

Who cares about Chelsea V man U for god sake!!!! I am more interested in us getting 3 points at Swansea i couldn't care less about who is top of the premiership!!!

Yeah but it just irritates me when they say they can't afford it but then proceed to shout about something else they are doing that costs a ton more money!! If you can't afford it fine but if you can and believe your a supporter get on that coach on Sunday!!!

What a muppet you actually are. I can afford it but to be stuck on a coach - straight into the ground - straight back onto the coach doesn't seem to be an enjoyable away day to me.

I believe i'm a supporter so I don't need your childish quips. Cheltenham, Orient and Oldham all look better away days with train travel so I've booked up for those instead.

Just to add..

A few seasons ago it was the starter of this thread to declared he would not be buying a season ticket due to performances...

So perhaps someone should stop being so hypocritical, or dare say, fickle, assuming he has a ST this year due to the vast knowledge he has when slagging the team.

I am not going on principle and I'm not the only one, end of. It'll be a shit day out.

Self fulfilling prophecy or a prediction, Will?? Shame that you, as have so many, have let those who would do this every week and who hate football, moreover it's fans, Win :(

Bring on Rotherham away, a proper day at the football.

I'll be there as well :city:

Just to add..

I'll add something as well

A few seasons ago it was the starter of this thread to declared he would not be buying a season ticket due to performances...

Yes and what a manager Alan Dicks was.........it's about as relevant

So perhaps someone should stop being so hypocritical, or dare say, fickle, assuming he has a ST this year due to the vast knowledge he has when slagging the team.

I have an ST this year-Do you?

See you at Swansea.oh no, sorry you're not going, are you?

Yes and what a manager Alan Dicks was.........it's about as relevant

I have an ST this year-Do you?

See you at Swansea.oh no, sorry you're not going, are you?

It couldnt be more relevent, you're all high and mighty because you're going to an away game telling others they should do the same, yet when performances have been poor before...you were the first to say a season ticket the next season was out of the question.

Yes I have one, ta for asking. I don't buy them when we're playing well only because I like to watch city whatever the circumstances, I wont be at Swansea due to financial restraints, I do hope thats a good enough reason.

It couldnt be more relevent, you're all high and mighty because you're going to an away game telling others they should do the same, yet when performances have been poor before...you were the first to say a season ticket the next season was out of the question.

The point I made in the original post...from which you have Convenientlydeparted to suit an agenda of attacking me, was that, for a team that's joint second, taking around 1,100 fans to a game of this importance, at this stage of the season, particularly after the following that went to Forest & Yeovil, is poor if consider ourselves worthy of the Championship.

Yes I have one, ta for asking. I don't buy them when we're playing well only because I like to watch city whatever the circumstances, I wont be at Swansea due to financial restraints, I do hope thats a good enough reason.

It's perfectly acceptable providing it's honest and I'd rather you said that than go on about coaches and matter of principle.

BB, I think you have to accept that the reason we are taking 1,000, rather than around 4,000, is the stupid and draconian travel restrictions taken against the vast majority of law-abiding fans.

And I think we have to respect the stand taken by the majority, who refused to be treated like brainless morons by the police, Swansea, and Bristol City.

I'm going, as I did last year, but that's only because, this being my first full season of not playing, I've made up my mind to go to every game I can physically get to. If the same restrictions apply next year, I wont go, simple as. I will be bitter that a few selfish individuals have imposed a ruling that has turned me against enjoying my team, but I wont go.

And there are by definition hundreds if not thousands who think the same way.

The point I made in the original post...from which you have Convenientlydeparted to suit an agenda of attacking me, was that, for a team that's joint second, taking around 1,100 fans to a game of this importance, at this stage of the season, particularly after the following that went to Forest & Yeovil, is poor if consider ourselves worthy of the Championship.

It's perfectly acceptable providing it's honest and I'd rather you said that than go on about coaches and matter of principle.

But why accuse people of making excuses? Such as they want to watch Man U Chelsea etc etc. If we take 1,000+ then thats not too bad considering our real fan base of 6/7,000..

Of course its honest, I am a student afterall. I havnt talked about coaches/principles though.

Archived