IGNORED

Ultimate Bristol Team

bradshaw

what would be your ultimate bristol city team?

............Stretch Armstrong.............

......Kelly Brook.....The Terminator......The Hulk.......Shakira

......Danni Minogue....Jordan.....Carmen Elektra.........Kylie

.Rooney........Schevshenko

Subs

Robocop

The Thing

The fit bird who sometimes uses the No. 1 bus

Ronaldinho

Beyonce

Guest mesa boogie

This is confusing is it a Bristol Team or a Bristol City Team, aswell is it current players or of all time. Can't say I have a vast knowledge of City's past players but upfront you'd have to play Atyeo & Bradford.

Guest mesa boogie

Arguably the best team of all time would be City's 1906 team with the additions of John Atyeo and anyone else who MIGHT be good enough to scrape in.

I guess you mean 1909? Surely anyone with half a brain would relise that Atyeo and Bradford upfront together would be lethal. The top scorers in both clubs histories, six England caps between them, both regularly linked with moves to bigger clubs but both very loyal. A real pair of Bristolian heroes.

I guess you mean 1909? Surely anyone with half a brain would relise that Atyeo and Bradford upfront together would be lethal. The top scorers in both clubs histories, six England caps between them, both regularly linked with moves to bigger clubs but both very loyal. A real pair of Bristolian heroes.

City were runners-up in Div 1 in 1905/06 which makes that side the Manchester United of their day and the most successful Bristol team ever.

Then again weren't we top for a few days in August 76? Which would make the best Bristol team in living memory something vaguely like this (remembering Norman Hunter, Joe Royle, Chris Garland et al were yet to arrive). Interesting to note that this highwater mark also coincided precisely with the end of Paul Cheesley's career :(

Cashley

Gillies Merrick Collier Drysdale

Gow Tainton Mann Whitehead

Cheesley Richie

Feel free to correct my team, I was very young and it was a long, looooong time ago!

If you are talking about ther ultimate Bristol team, you might have to look at the Bristol Rugby team from the '70's. OK it was not a professional game back then, but they were pretty dominant, not only in English Rugby, but they also beat most, if not all, the top Welsh teams, and that was when the top Welsh teams were the dogs b******s.

Archived