IGNORED

Uninspired

Rich

I'm sorry I can't help feeling totally uninspired by what i've seen so far this season. I cannot comment on away performances, (not travelled yet). I've been impressed with our defending so far but as for our attacking, I am so frustrated. I don't want to be negative and people keep saying we haven't played to our potential yet but what if this is as good as it gets.Perhaps we have a lucky manager (Ihope so)and he takes us to better things, but I want some heroes in midfield and up front, not ballet dancers. Let's hope for better things to come and maybe some revenge sunday. I feel better now. :dunno:

I'm sorry I can't help feeling totally uninspired by what i've seen so far this season. I cannot comment on away performances, (not travelled yet). I've been impressed with our defending so far but as for our attacking, I am so frustrated. I don't want to be negative and people keep saying we haven't played to our potential yet but what if this is as good as it gets.Perhaps we have a lucky manager (Ihope so)and he takes us to better things, but I want some heroes in midfield and up front, not ballet dancers. Let's hope for better things to come and maybe some revenge sunday. I feel better now. :dunno:

Yeah man, your rambling's have inspired me.

we have been very lucky on a few occasions this season but the tables don't lie and we are forth in the table and two points from second and six points off the top. And with many players who have been injured coming back from there respective injuries on Sunday. It will be like 5 new players for the game againest Swansea, Never know they might even come back and be heroes, like you've said in your post.

The players coming back are Brooker, S.Brown, Murray, Showunmi and Weale, Dunno about you but the first two in that list have most certinaly proved in the last few months they can be heroes. Showunmi also proved that fact last week for us

Its though people like you that make Ashton Gate the Morque it is for god sake gt a life

Its though people like you that make Ashton Gate the Morque it is for god sake gt a life

It's not people like him.......he turns up!

It's the people that don't turn up and some policy decisions that have made AG a library and some patchy performances.

Bit like the curates egg........good in part but as he honestly says, unconvincing.

It's not people like him.......he turns up!

It's the people that don't turn up and some policy decisions that have made AG a library and some patchy performances.Glad you`ve missed me so much, its the policy decisions that have made people turn away

Bit like the curates egg........good in part but as he honestly says, unconvincing.

I kinda see where Rich is coming from...watching City is like waiting for a late train,you hope it will arrive but will it get you where you want to be on time?.

So far at AG City have an impressive record but I can't recall one 90mins where City have been entirely convincing.They have produced some good stuff in patches during most games but can't seem to maintain it.The first 45 against Crewe was good stuff but City couldn't keep it up in the second 45 and thats been a familiar story.It was the other way around at Forest.

Imo its the away form thats the worry.5 defeats in 9 games or 10 points from 27 is not very good.Certainly not promotion form.What Johnson can do about it, I don't know but tomorrow will a very tough game. If I were offered a draw right now I take it.

Bristol Boy has a point, the 1 stat that worries me is our form against our main rivals, the teams in the top half of the table, is poor. 3 wins 1 draw and 5 losses, which means 1.1 points per game, is not what is needed to gain promotion. A win tomorrow would improve things but anything else would make that stat worse. We MUST start beating the teams around us and soon.

When we play the better teams, we won't win.

I think that covers it :innocent06:

So who are S****horpe United these days?

Also what sort of idiotic argument is that, therefore you assume we should have won all the games we have so far, because the opposition are rubbish, therefore dismissing our achievement so far..

Dolman Dan I have a life, part of that is going in the Dolman every single home match and getting behind my team as much as I can ,I'm just expressing my feelings that I am at present uninspired by the teams performances so far. we haven't exactly set the world on fire have we?If you would like to come and see me and discuss it in more detail I'll be at the front of the Dolman stand by the East end before the Gillingham cup match.Apart from rseerved seating,stewards,club policy towards fans,east end shut,prawn sandwhiches you name it the main reason the gate is like a morgue is the poor standard of football we've had to put up with and lack of excitment.

I take it you didnt go to the Chesterfield, Port Vale, Oldham or Crewe games then??

So who are S****horpe United these days?

Also what sort of idiotic argument is that, therefore you assume we should have won all the games we have so far, because the opposition are rubbish, therefore dismissing our achievement so far..

I'll explain, although you won't listen, it'll make me feel better and those who have understood the point, both in the initial post and some subsequent ones and have made intelligent responses.

If our performance level (NOT FORM) at home doesn't improve, we will not keep winning when Forest, Swansea, Yeovil & Tranmere visit.You pick S****horpe, a game which proves the point in question.We could have been 3-0 up at half time yet were extremely lucky to gain all three points and finished up with 6 defenders on the field at home, hanging on for grim life.

That level of performance WILL NOT, coupled with our recent away form-one point in nine, see us promoted.

Head to Head games, six pointers, will determine our final position and our record isn't great.Is it

Let's hope it all starts to improve tomorrow :city:

I'll explain, although you won't listen, it'll make me feel better and those who have understood the point, both in the initial post and some subsequent ones and have made intelligent responses.

If our performance level (NOT FORM) at home doesn't improve, we will not keep winning when Forest, Swansea, Yeovil & Tranmere visit.You pick S****horpe, a game which proves the point in question.We could have been 3-0 up at half time yet were extremely lucky to gain all three points and finished up with 6 defenders on the field at home, hanging on for grim life.

That level of performance WILL NOT, coupled with our recent away form-one point in nine, see us promoted.

Head to Head games, six pointers, will determine our final position and our record isn't great.Is it

Sums up my thoughts entirely !

It's nice to know people understand where i'm coming from, I want us to be better, I want some heroes to really get behind,they don't seem to be there yet,some are starting to come through,Mcombe,orr,Brooker,Carey, we need some more I'll keep shouting my support until they do, will everyone else?

You think writing in bold makes your point valid?

Our current performance level today got us a 0-0 draw at a top 6 side..

But we could have guessed that seeing as you've been hiding all day with nothing to moan about.

Archived