IGNORED

Alan Freemen Rip

KevinC

Farewell Fluff

I'm just sadtastic today at the news that the iconic DJ Alan Freeman has died. He was the first modern DJ who took the airwaves by storm in a quite literally disctastic type way.

Who could forget "Pick Of The Pops" (the, the, the, the, the, daaaa, the, the, daaaaaaaa)

Rockledooddle doo, mate, not 'arf. Rest in peace

I'll miss 'Fuff'............ from the pop picker charts of my early youth through to the Saturday Rock Show of my formative years........... I still have some tapes tucked away in the loft of Alan Freeman circa 1974-1976

He played the lot from pop to prog ..... from punk to metal............. I never forget him playing New Rose & Neat,Neat,Neat by the Damned at a time when it was only John Peel playing it (at night)

'Fluff' did it during daylight hours........... on the Saturday Rock Show.......very brave man!

Not Arff!

good dj, really naff music though..Dethro Dull, Genesis....aaaarghh!

Sorry Bucks .......... I rather like Jethro Tull............ and his seed drill was even better than his music!

Not to mention being introduced to 'Strapps' 'Thin Lizzy' (about 1974) 'Lone Star' (not the country band)

'Van Der Graaf Generator' and also some band that did a session that I still have, but never have been able to find out who they are....... et al

The track I think might have been called 'MTB' ......... as in Motor Torpedo Boat.......... but as I said I never found out who it was..... great track though..... a true sound canvas.

Sorry Bucks .......... I rather like Jethro Tull............ and his seed drill was even better than his music!

Not to mention being introduced to 'Strapps' 'Thin Lizzy' (about 1974) 'Lone Star' (not the country band)

'Van Der Graaf Generator' and also some band that did a session that I still have, but never have been able to find out who they are....... et al

The track I think might have been called 'MTB' ......... as in Motor Torpedo Boat.......... but as I said I never found out who it was..... great track though..... a true sound canvas.

ah well each to his own Daaarset...never liked all that stuff, bit of a generation thing grew up wi UFO, Lizzy, Bad Co, and the metal generation. Not really Fluffs (or Radio 1's either ) thang really.........too loud and too old springs to mind! :rolleyes:

BTW Lone Stars two albums have just been re-released on a double cd. Firing on All Six was the better one, still good after 30 years

ah well each to his own Daaarset...never liked all that stuff, bit of a generation thing grew up wi UFO, Lizzy, Bad Co, and the metal generation. Not really Fluffs (or Radio 1's either ) thang really.........too loud and too old springs to mind! :rolleyes:

BTW Lone Stars two albums have just been re-released on a double cd. Firing on All Six was the better one, still good after 30 years

Generation thing?

Bad Company, Thin Lizzy, UFO............ I have albums,singles and cd's by all of them!

The albums and singles being bought at the time etc.

Lone Star..........Yep they are mighty fine albums too........ mind you I re-mastered them both to cd some years ago now............ and compared to the official cd mine sounds sweet, what with the tweaks I gave the old black stuff.

Firing On All Six....... is the one but the first has some good moments

...... and what happened to the lost third album?

The BBC 'Sight In Sound' live cd is also worth a punt.

There are only two types of music.......... good and bad

Rock on!

Generation thing?

Bad Company, Thin Lizzy, UFO............ I have albums,singles and cd's by all of them!

The albums and singles being bought at the time etc.

Lone Star..........Yep they are mighty fine albums too........ mind you I re-mastered them both to cd some years ago now............ and compared to the official cd mine sounds sweet, what with the tweaks I gave the old black stuff.

Firing On All Six....... is the one but the first has some good moments

...... and what happened to the lost third album?

The BBC 'Sight In Sound' live cd is also worth a punt.

There are only two types of music.......... good and bad

Rock on!

Third Lone Star album.......new one on me. John Sloman on vocals?

Archived