IGNORED

Went To The Game Today And...

RedTop

...it was a bit of a pisser seeing as it is of course tomorrow. :doh:

Yes, I know it's been plastered all over the web for weeks. Yes, I know there was all the controversy over whether us or Rovers should be at home today. I just forgot and got straight into football mode when I woke up. I dragged RedTopJr into the car, drove 120 miles down the motorway from London, and was sailing nicely down the M32 just in time to turn on Radio Bristol for the start of the Twentyman show. Initial surprise, and then irritation, at the concentration on the Gas and non-league matches only subsided when the truth dawned.

Fortunately, some friends had gone racing at Chepstow and invited us to join them. A great day in the end before trapsing the 120 miles home again. Just time to grab some kip and refill the car with petrol before setting out on the same journey back down the M4 again tomorrow morning for the REAL game! I just hope I'll be cheering on a few more winners than I did at the racing today.

What a plonker.

Yes, I know it's been plastered all over the web for weeks. Yes, I know there was all the controversy over whether us or Rovers should be at home today. I just forgot and got straight into football mode when I woke up. I dragged RedTopJr into the car, drove 120 miles down the motorway from London, and was sailing nicely down the M32 just in time to turn on Radio Bristol for the start of the Twentyman show. Initial surprise, and then irritation, at the concentration on the Gas and non-league matches only subsided when the truth dawned.

Fortunately, some friends had gone racing at Chepstow and invited us to join them. A great day in the end before trapsing the 120 miles home again. Just time to grab some kip and refill the car with petrol before setting out on the same journey back down the M4 again tomorrow morning for the REAL game! I just hope I'll be cheering on a few more winners than I did at the racing today.

What a plonker.

Classic!

What a plonker.

Your fanaticism is to be admired. Your ability to know what day of the week it is needs a little work.

What a plonker.

All i can say mate is your committed to drive back down tomorrow and oh by the way unlucky :rofl2br: :rofl2br:

What a plonker.

Correct :disapointed2se:

What a plonker.

pure class!

London to Cheltenham?... what were you doing on the M32? ... its an away game mate (just incase you'd confused Home & Away like you did Sat & Sun)...

I was going to say well at least you've had a 'trial run' & wont be getting lost tomorrow, until I noticed the M32 bit... :)

best play safe & check out a RoutePlanner, along with your fixture list & calendar!! .... (only joking RT .. hope its a good game after all your trouble)

What a plonker.

Incase you 'forgot' this aswell, the game starts at 1pm tomorrow :P

Fair play to you for making the effort to come down again, even after you realised you came on the wrong day, i don't think i would of bothered!

What a plonker.

Well Redtop, I'm nursing the mother of all hangovers this morning, but that really has put a smile on my face

What a plonker.

BRISTOL CITY SUPPORTER REPORTER

IN REDTOP DEADTOP INTA-CITY DATE COCKUP SHOCKER GASSHEAD KNOCKER HORSE RACE ROCKER ....DAUGHTER TO PRESS CHARGES!

What a plonker, said the well known reporter, after setting off with his daughter to see his favorite football team play a day too early.

On questioning mini-redtop she agreed that her Dad was a bit of a plonker but added that she was very concerned at one point that Dad had become a Gasshead...... mini-redtop has since decided to drop charges as it is understood that Dad would have become a AFC Bournemouth supporter for the day should he have reached Bristol with no BRISTOL CITY FC game being played and the only one being available was Gassers v AFC B'mth.

RedTop denies having a 'Fleet Street Juice' habit but was found to have mineral water on him at the time of his mistake ........ the case continues today at ASHTON GATE!

What a plonker.

mate - i was only a phone call away from following you! got up earlyish on saturday without a hangover, and figured i could make it if i put my foot down. Called the old dear to see if she wanted to meet for lunch before, and fortunately was reminded it was today. would have gone had she not answered.

at work today in a freezing office as well.

mate - i was only a phone call away from following you! got up earlyish on saturday without a hangover, and figured i could make it if i put my foot down. Called the old dear to see if she wanted to meet for lunch before, and fortunately was reminded it was today. would have gone had she not answered.

at work today in a freezing office as well.

At least you got the right place, when I used to play darts, I not only got the wrong day, but also the wrong pub....

Disaster!! :rofl2br:

Archived