IGNORED

Official Fans Forum Awards 2006

Lordofthebling

Concerning this 'underrated poster' award, like, surely if somebody's voted as the most underrated poster then by definition they do get recognition for the quality of their post's, thus not being underrated.

The only way of measuring recognision poster quality would be to set up some kind of 'spot on' or 'well said' or 'agreed' league table and frankly, that would be sad (as is me whittering on about it, ironically), um, just a bit indifferently confused.

Concerning this 'underrated poster' award, like, surely if somebody's voted as the most underrated poster then by definition they do get recognition for the quality of their post's, thus not being underrated.

The only way of measuring recognision poster quality would be to set up some kind of 'spot on' or 'well said' or 'agreed' league table and frankly, that would be sad (as is me whittering on about it, ironically), um, just a bit indifferently confused.

I think the story behind most underrated is for those posters who you would not associate with the power 5. After doing these awards last year, it does seem like the same usual names pop up for poster of the year - most underrated seems to recognise quality of posts rather than that reputation that seems to go with this forum.

I am concerned about the best youngest poster. That discriminates against, say the best older poster, say over 55, and the best female poster, they add more than the younger posters who are more of an aggravation. imo.

Bransonmo, that seems a good idea.

Members who wish to vote for older and female poster of the year in addition to those categories listed above, please pm me in the usual way.

I would disagree with your point about the younger posters being an aggrevation, as posters such as Godzilla and Stylus have showed that age does not always matter. Without generalising, its about seperating posters like these away from those that post in text speak etc.

I wouldn't worry about putting the votes on here; they get moved anyway.

I'm sure somebody can explain why this has to be shrouded in secrecy, but, they probably won't.

Instead, we'll have posters being told they are annoying or a "fisherperson" and will never know who thinks so and why.

At least I can say I had the courage of my convictions even if only a few people got to see it before it was removed.

I guess not, since the rules state: "All votes will be strictly confidential".

I DID read Neo's voting thread though and it was well funny, as is his signature, so I'd like to vote for Neo.........aaah shit! :doh:

What if Neo decides to give out his own awards under the same categorys as the "official" ones, accompanied by his resons? Can he post that?

I wouldn't worry about putting the votes on here; they get moved anyway.

I'm sure somebody can explain why this has to be shrouded in secrecy, but, they probably won't.

Instead, we'll have posters being told they are annoying or a "fisherperson" and will never know who thinks so and why.

At least I can say I had the courage of my convictions even if only a few people got to see it before it was removed.

The guy under your name, does he have a frock on ? God I hope so . :thumbsup:

Archived