IGNORED

Well Done Johnners

NickJ

don't want to steal Bristol Boy's thunder, but, excellent today boys, and very apt that such a performance was put on for the faithful 5,000.

We were a lot more in control than 4-3 suggests, and played some lovely, attacking football throughout. I don't even mind the Gills scored 3, it made for a thoroughly entertaining game. I'd much rather that than the hanging on to a 1-0 win, or worse, a 0-0 draw, with 15/20 minutes left, as we have witnessed on several ocassions this season. I for one would rather we were the West Ham or Tottenham of the West Country, rather than the Chelsea of now or the Arsenal of old.

And a special mention for one or two players.

There was me earlier this week, saying what a good player McCallister was, if only he could retain the ball ocassionally rather than always playing it long. And what does he do today first pass? Plays a nice simple ball inside because there was nothing on long, of course. And was superb throughout the game.

And there was me, moaning a week ago what a disappointment Jevons has been. And what does he do? Not just the superbly taken hat-trick, but his all round play and contribution was excellent.

Johnners has had a moan recently about perceived negativity on this forum. Two things. Firstly, Gary, you and the team have thoroughly earned positive comments today - I would like to think that you would value praise more where it is due. Secondly, I think you will find that any perceived "negativity" is in the main more to do with things off the pitch. You keep doing your bit, and you will receive all the support and more than you can imagine from the true supporters of this club.

And fair play to the Gills supporters too, who outsung the City for most of the game, using the acoustics of the EE to full effect. I wonder what AG would sound like if it were occupied by City fans? :whistle2:

Seriously though Gary, and the boys, thanks, and keep up the good work of today - I like it. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

What Johnson didn't ackowledge is that its not all negative comments on this forum about the players.There have been several 'love-ins' regarding McCombe and Basso.McCallister has also received lots of plaudits along with Keogh and Carey.

It has to remembered that football supporters will all have varied opinions about players, some negative and some positive.There are some exceptions but by and large the views on here regarding the players are pretty fair imo.Jevons has taken some stick but then both he and Johnson have said that he's been struggling for form.The bottom line is that if a player is not producing then its the fans right to say so.Not only do we post it on here but we chat about it in various bars and pubs.Its always been that way and long may it continue.

don't want to steal Bristol Boy's thunder, but, excellent today boys, and very apt that such a performance was put on for the faithful 5,000.

We were a lot more in control than 4-3 suggests, and played some lovely, attacking football throughout. I don't even mind the Gills scored 3, it made for a thoroughly entertaining game. I'd much rather that than the hanging on to a 1-0 win, or worse, a 0-0 draw, with 15/20 minutes left, as we have witnessed on several ocassions this season. I for one would rather we were the West Ham or Tottenham of the West Country, rather than the Chelsea of now or the Arsenal of old.

And a special mention for one or two players.

There was me earlier this week, saying what a good player McCallister was, if only he could retain the ball ocassionally rather than always playing it long. And what does he do today first pass? Plays a nice simple ball inside because there was nothing on long, of course. And was superb throughout the game.

Spot on.......... :city:

And there was me, moaning a week ago what a disappointment Jevons has been. And what does he do? Not just the superbly taken hat-trick, but his all round play and contribution was excellent.

Johnners has had a moan recently about perceived negativity on this forum. Two things. Firstly, Gary, you and the team have thoroughly earned positive comments today - I would like to think that you would value praise more where it is due. Secondly, I think you will find that any perceived "negativity" is in the main more to do with things off the pitch. You keep doing your bit, and you will receive all the support and more than you can imagine from the true supporters of this club.

And fair play to the Gills supporters too, who outsung the City for most of the game, using the acoustics of the EE to full effect. I wonder what AG would sound like if it were occupied by City fans? :whistle2:

Seriously though Gary, and the boys, thanks, and keep up the good work of today - I like it. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Spot on... :city:

ps............nice avatar toooooooooooooooooooooo

Archived