IGNORED

Team Selection For Tonight

whitey_03

Just wanted to see what all the City fans feel Danny's team is going to be tonight!!

Although I havent been to any of the games this season ( being in Scotland doesnt help, but Oldham could be the first of many), I have a strong feeling there will be a big change to the team which started against Stockport!! And i think some people will be pleased with it, but I will anger a few others aswell!!

Any thoughts??

I think it will be exactly the same team as against Stockport, except Hill will come in for Bell, Bell will drop to the bench and Woodman will drop out of the squad.

So, not 'exactly' the same team, but you catch my drift.

I suspect you may have a little inside info?
Not at all mate, just a case of maybe the Stockport game maybe being the final straw breaking the stubborn mules back!! I just hope he makes the right decision on who to drop, and ill give you a hint Danny, his name starts with P & ends in EACOCK!!

Guest citysnumber7

i would like to see either roberts or lita come in for peacock tonight.

id like to see a team of this:

gk-steve phillips

lb-mickey bell

rb-louis carey

cb-matt hill

cb-danny coles

lm-marc goodfellow

rm-luke wilkshire

cm-tommy doherty

cm-brian tinnion

cf-lee miller

cf-christian roberts

bench:

mike stowell

leroy lita

aron brown

craig woodman

joe burnell

Edson has it spot on I can't see any major changes tonight, Wilson never makes major changes, almost like he can't admit that his team selection has ever been wrong!

You could argue the fact that as we are still second in the league it would appear to indicate that his team selections haven't been wrong.

Only change tonight I guess will be Hill in for Bell.

A neutral may argue that fact that we are still second in the league would appear to indicate that his his team selections haven't been wrong.

Not many neutrals on here!

Change needed up front tonight, if we fail to score it will be a disaster, nothing less.

Guest Friday The 13th

Another possible team if Wilson has had enough of his current team's attacking prowess, stessing has.

.......................Phillips

......Carey....Butler....Coles....Hill

Goodfellow..Doherty..Tinnion..Brown

...................Miller....Roberts

Subs.

Wilkshire

Fortune

Lita

Peacock

Bell/M. Brown

You could argue the fact that as  we are still second in the league it would appear to indicate that his team selections haven't been wrong.

Ever since Wilkshire has come back the team hasn't been the same becuase Wilson insists on putting him in the side, and because Docs and Tinman are impossible to leave out because they are solid then he has to put him on the wing. In my opinion Wilkshire on the wing is the wrong decision.

Guest comeonyoureds

tonight i think there will be changes with roberts starting on the right, and hill coming back, hopefully in place of butler as would still keep bell at left back as he's still a good crosser of the ball! id also like to think that goodfellow will be given a chance on the left, however i'll be amazed if he is, so brown on the left again! :dunno:

and i reckon miller and peacock up front again!

The team i would pick would be this,

Gk. Phillips

Lb. Woody

Rb. Carey - I would actually pick burnell but i'm trying to be a bit realistic.

Cb. Hill

Cb. Coles

Lw. Goodfellow

Rw. Robbo

Cm. Tinman

Cm. Doc

Cf. Miller

Cf. Lita

Subs.

Stowell

Fortune if not available Butler

Wilkshire

Brown

Peacock

Willson would never pick that team as it may actually score.

• Admin
Not many neutrals on here!

Change needed up front tonight, if we fail to score it will be a disaster, nothing less.

In fact I recently went to a game with a neutral and he asked "why the ###### did that useless **** stay on up front whilst Miller who was performing better go off" or words to that effect.

He reckoned that Miller was finding City players with his knock-downs/lay-offs whilst Peacock would invariably play the ball to the opposition or foul the defender. He agreed that bringing on a pacy option was called for but that it would be better utilised alongside Miller rather than Peacock.

We might get lucky and s####e a win tonight by playing the same players, in the same positions as we were BEFORE our 11 match winning run but there's no doubt in my mind that we have regressed from our line-up merely a month ago.

"Actually I'd pick Burnell at RB but I'm trying to be realistic", I really wonder about some of our fans.

Do you ever wonder why Danny consistently picks Louis Carey in his back four? it's exactly the same reason as the previous FIVE managers (Jordan, Ward, Benny, Fawthrop and Pulis) always did, he's a really good defender.

Last season of all our defenders we were at our meanest in terms of goals conceded when Louis was on the pitch (BBC football yearbook 2004).

Perhaps that's why Shaun Taylor said he was one of the best defenders he's ever played alongside, and why Tinman picked him as the ONLY current player in his best City XI.

Though obviously you know far more about football than the likes of Joe Jordan, John Ward and Danny Wilson do!

I'd start with Roberts and Miller up front, by the way.

Though obviously you know far more about football than the likes of Joe Jordan, John Ward and Danny Wilson do!

Game of opinions my friend.

I used to rate Louis Carey highly and then over the past few years he has picked up a few injuries.

I don't feel he is the same player he once was and he is not linking up well with whoever plays right wing for us. With Scott Murray he was ok and they both knew each other's game but he hasn't been able to adapt.

Half the time he gets the ball he just chips it aimlessly forward just for their back line to clear.

I go along with Spud, time for a change.

I think there is going to be a change up front tonight, there has to be!! I think he will drop Miller and play Peacock and another up front( not my choice but I aint the manager) !! But I can see Miller coming off the bench to score 2nd half!!

I think if Danny admitted there is a problem upfront, changed to a little&large situation, he would get more respect than being so pig headed that he wont drop Golden Balls Mr Peacock!!

Lets be honest an O.G. in the last minute would do right now, wouldnt it? :dunno:

"Game of opinions", it certainly is, though it is a fact that we let less goals in last season when he was on the pitch than any other player.

I'd be more concerned about the midfield four and front two, anyway.Aaron Brown is a convenient scapegoat but neither Tommy or Tins hardly ever get up to support the attack, how often does a ball come out to the edge of the opposition's box and we've no-one near it.?Not sure Wilkshire is the solution there either, but with Father time running out for Tins sooner or later I guess we'll find out.

We moan about the lack of creativity but if you recall Miller's goal against Brentford, Tommy's at Peterboro and Wilkshire's against Wrexham the crosser for all of those was... Aaron Brown, there has to be a place for Goodfellow somewhere in the side as his goal ratio is far superior to anyone else's so if not on the wrong flank what about playing him off a target man?

Whilst I see the logic of signing Miller you cannot play a front two together that is devoid of pace, Christian Roberts may be erratic but at least his pace (even occasionally aimless as it is) is a threat.

Happy days!

To be honest, i feel the only change will be Hill back in -

But - heres where it gets interesting...

With Lee P on the official site saying I'm one chance away from a goal, and its coming, i feel Danny has had a quiet word with him to let him know that if he doesnt play out of his skin, he may not start the following week..

Would like to see a miller/lita partnership, but i can hear the boos when Lee millers number goes up on 70 minutes to bring on Lita tonight..

Arent you from up in Scotland? I get the feeling your gradually converting to becoming a city fan!

After the season my team has had in Scotland, its good to be looking out for a team who have some prospects about them!! :D

I am converting mate, although i admit at first i only looked out for City selfishly because of Lee :blush: , but now I'm begining to get involved with the Forum, have arranged a game against most of them for a week on Sunday :sport19: , and I now find myself rushing home to see if they have won :dunno: !! And you can bet ill be sitting next to my computer :ProgrammePC: online listening tonight for a City win, hopefully with a Lee Miller inspired victory!!

Come On You Reds!!

I am converting mate..

Come On You Reds!!

Welcome to the roller coaster ride that is Bristol City FC!

As the saying goes, you dont have to be mad to support the Robins, you have to be patient, calm, unfrustrated, understanding, forgiving and able not to cry in front of your mates..

Bristol - Officially the "smiliest" people in the UK. (The Sun 2002)

Welcome to the roller coaster ride that is Bristol City FC!

As the saying goes, you dont have to be mad to support the Robins, you have to be patient, calm, unfrustrated, understanding, forgiving and able not to cry in front of your mates..

Bristol - Officially the "smiliest" people in the UK. (The Sun 2002)

All I can say is I like Rollercoasters :P

Cheers for the welcome though, lets hope we all get what we want at the end of the season!!

Just hope the lads get a win tonight so when we come down for the Oldham game, it will be a happier place than it seems to be just now!!

19th March 2004 - Scotlands Finest Invade Bristol! Lock Up Your Daughters

All I can say is I like Rollercoasters  :P

Cheers for the welcome though, lets hope we all get what we want at the end of the season!!

Just hope the lads get a win tonight so when we come down for the Oldham game, it will be a happier place than it seems to be just now!!

19th March 2004 - Scotlands Finest Invade Bristol! Lock Up Your Daughters

Welcome to the winter wonderland, and your lives will never be the same again!!

The Saturday afternoon sweat will be part of your life!! :D:o:o:ph34r:

It'll STILL be Peacock/Miller, subbed for Lita in 60-70 minutes, and Leapy STILL wont be able to hit a barn door, he's sat on, and he'll STILL needlesslyconcede free kicks!! I'm sure he's a Yank, they cant hit said barn doors either!! :dunno::blush:

Least Butler shouldnt play tonite, if Matty is fit(Please!!)

"Game of opinions", it certainly is, though it is a fact that we let less goals in last season when he was on the pitch than any other player.

I'd be more concerned about the midfield four and front two, anyway.Aaron Brown is a convenient scapegoat but neither Tommy or Tins hardly ever get up to support the attack, how often does a ball come out to the edge of the opposition's box and we've no-one near it.?Not sure Wilkshire is the solution there either, but with Father time running out for Tins sooner or later I guess we'll find out.

We moan about the lack of creativity but if you recall Miller's goal against Brentford, Tommy's at Peterboro and Wilkshire's against Wrexham the crosser for all of those was... Aaron Brown, there has to be a place for Goodfellow somewhere in the side as his goal ratio is far superior to anyone else's so if not on the wrong flank what about playing him off a target man?

Whilst I see the logic of signing Miller you cannot play a front two together that is devoid of pace, Christian Roberts may be erratic but at least his pace (even occasionally aimless as it is) is a threat.

Happy days!

And exactly how many times has Burnell played at right back, very few, and when he has done, his early days as a player he aqqitted himself very well.

Your statistic is incredibly flawed, we have 2 out and out right backs, one is Carey, who is hardly Maldini is he? makes a lot of mistakes, and his passing at times makes mine look like zidanes, his crossing is currently woeful. And Ammankwaah, well he's injured i'm afraid but he is a better right back the Carey.

Burnell is a quality defender, who can cross as seen when he had a completely random stint on the right wing when murray broke his cheek bone, he has pace, he can defend better than carey, his positional sense is far bette than Careys.

I have to say that was a poor excuse for a statistic, it's like me saying that we have scored more goals when Brown plays left wing than anyone else. The reason we have conceeded less with Carey playing is purerly down to the fact that when he isn't we put our best centre back at right back, a position that he is not accustomed to, so it doesn't really work does it.

So you are honestly trying to say you are happy with the performances that Carey has been putting in of late then ? He's been playing #### for a long while now and needs a kick up the arse.

Archived