IGNORED

Anyway, So Benny Says To Me ...

Dave L

lets get this in to perspective, scott davidson calls john ward in to his office and says.. thanks john, you done a great job, but we feel your not good enough to manage in the 1st division, so i"ve got this swedish guy coming over to give you a hand, he knows nothing about english football, but he must be good cos he got a swedish 2nd division team of part timers promoted, and by the way, the swedish guy gets the final say on any football related matters..... so scott davidsons big vision of the future crumbles before him, the swedish guy comes over and gets us relegated, scott does a runner and resigns. i think the whole episode was an absolute shambles, i got nothing against benny, he was put in a position out of his deph, and i know he"s a really nice person, cos while he was in bristol i was his postman, he never tipped me at christmas though the fat b******d

Guest uncle john

Some facts.

John Ward took us to three places OUTSIDE THE RELEGATION ZONE in Division 1.

Benny took over, took us to the bottom, and we stayed there.

He played Adam Locke in central midfield, Jim Brennan at RIGHT back, Soren Anderson on the right wing, and Steve Torpey ahead of Cramb/Thorpe/Anderson.

He wasted 450 000 on Vilmos Sebok, 150 000 on Testimatanu, and 200 000 on Bo Anderson. A ghastly waste of money in the transfer market.

Anyone watching the side that season could see the side were shattered in confidence and far worse than they had been under Ward. (O.K, that's not a fact)

Ward would have kept us up. And if he hadn't, then we would have had a MANAGER THAT KNEW HOW TO GET CITY OUT OF DIVISION 2.

Not like we need one of those or anything. 3 and a half seasons under Wilson, and we are still not out of Division 2. Ward got us out of division 2 in a season and a half.

This is probably not an attack on Benny- maybe we should have kept him- but on Davidson's control freaking interference.

Anyway, what the club needed after all of that then Pulis was stability, and in fairness to the Wilson era and the sane management of Lansdown, we are stable. Since 1988 we had not managed to keep one manager for more than two years. With the Academy and increased support we are a settled club now, and if we go up this season (as I think we will, in the play offs), we should stay up and be able to bed down as a Division 1 club. I'd rather we'd kept Ward all those years ago, but we are doing O.K now.

lets get this in to perspective, scott davidson calls john ward in to his office and says.. thanks john, you done a great job, but we feel your not good enough to manage in the 1st division,
wrong - Ward said publicly that he didn't know what else to try and that he needed help so Davidson brought in one of the best coaches in Europe - Ward threw his toys out of the pram said he wouldn't be no.2 to anybody, grabbed his money and then went to Wolves as a number 2 - ###### - and has done b#gger all since.

Archived