IGNORED

Ashton Gate Moaners

Collis

Disgusting.

Terrible atmosphere until we scored. Every time we gave the ball away till the goal it was constant moans and groans.

Spoke to a Carlisle fan after the game, said we were the worst home crowd he has seen all season, and we are 3rd!

No fans attempted to sing in unison, another valiant attempt from the G block, but to no avail.

Open the East End...

I know some people on here don't consider the atmosphere at AG to be high up on their agenda, but something must be done, its getting boring now!

Awful game, cold night no atmosphere. The players look knackered and the crowd looked bored!! I could hear more from the Carlile fans than the city fans!! Bit of a shame that it took us 85 minutes to wake up!! We are 3rd in the league everyone!!!! Get behind the team!!!!!

Disgusting.

Terrible atmosphere until we scored. Every time we gave the ball away till the goal it was constant moans and groans.

Spoke to a Carlisle fan after the game, said we were the worst home crowd he has seen all season, and we are 3rd!

No fans attempted to sing in unison, another valiant attempt from the G block, but to no avail.

Open the East End...

I know some people on here don't consider the atmosphere at AG to be high up on their agenda, but something must be done, its getting boring now!

It's been boring for a long while mate!!!!

Judging by the attendance there can't have been many that took up the £10.00 offer, which must be a good thing, as what was on offer is unlikely to persuade them to part with £19.00 for another game!!

It's pointless to say we are 3rd as well, as we have been high up many times before and not gone all the way to promotion. For many of us that used to go "come what may" a decent league position is not all that matters. It is the whole experience on a matchday.

The people running the club cannot seem to do anything to improve things despite a decent home record, so for most of us stayaways i suspect we will only return when the bigger away support of swampsea, yeovile, and forest drag the GATE out of the doldrums!!!

It's been boring for a long while mate!!!!

Judging by the attendance there can't have been many that took up the £10.00 offer, which must be a good thing, as what was on offer is unlikely to persuade them to part with £19.00 for another game!!

It's pointless to say we are 3rd as well, as we have been high up many times before and not gone all the way to promotion. For many of us that used to go "come what may" a decent league position is not all that matters. It is the whole experience on a matchday.

The people running the club cannot seem to do anything to improve things despite a decent home record, so for most of us stayaways i suspect we will only return when the bigger away support of swampsea, yeovile, and forest drag the GATE out of the doldrums!!!

nevermind people running the club - how about Bristol City fans stop being such a bunch of moaning old ba stards? crowd could have used their brains to work out that playing 3 huge, hard fought games in 9 days is going to be hard - and that we were going to struggle for sharpness tonight, so do we:

a) turn up in numbers, sing loudly, and be the extra man

b) don't turn up in numbers, don't sing, moan loudly at every missed pass, and even boo at half time!

sooo, we go for B. clubs like Pompey, WBA from memory, Crewe, and Plymouth would go for A. Not only that, but lot of the moaners then come on here and blame the club for their own miserableness.

Look - i've had 16 ###### years of watching this crap too, but i still make 240 mile round trips to watch that shower, and i do tend to engage my brain and look at reasons why team look poor on a given day before moaning about them. For as long as the player on the pitch look like they're trying (they do) and the manager and chairman look to be taking us in the right direction (they are) i'm going to continue getting down there when i can, and being that annoying positive shouty man in a big crowd of miserable old gits.

nevermind people running the club - how about Bristol City fans stop being such a bunch of moaning old ba stards? crowd could have used their brains to work out that playing 3 huge, hard fought games in 9 days is going to be hard - and that we were going to struggle for sharpness tonight, so do we:

a) turn up in numbers, sing loudly, and be the extra man

b) don't turn up in numbers, don't sing, moan loudly at every missed pass, and even boo at half time!

sooo, we go for B. clubs like Pompey, WBA from memory, Crewe, and Plymouth would go for A. Not only that, but lot of the moaners then come on here and blame the club for their own miserableness.

Look - i've had 16 ###### years of watching this crap too, but i still make 240 mile round trips to watch that shower, and i do tend to engage my brain and look at reasons why team look poor on a given day before moaning about them. For as long as the player on the pitch look like they're trying (they do) and the manager and chairman look to be taking us in the right direction (they are) i'm going to continue getting down there when i can, and being that annoying positive shouty man in a big crowd of miserable old gits.

I would be careful if I was you or you will get banned for being a happy clapper.

don't you know the rules..........not moaning is not allowed.

The great new coaching idea on here is that if you boo,critisise and moan at players they will play better.Its the new coaching ethos.I will have to try it at work.Stand behind my workmates and critisise all day and see how it makes them perform better.

I am sure if i had people moaning at my work all day i would become brilliant.

crowd could have used their brains to work out that playing 3 huge, hard fought games in 9 days is going to be hard - and that we were going to struggle for sharpness tonight, so do we:

so were not using our squad then are we? 3 games same team when 5 ex first team players could have started

at forest to lighten the load, brooker, murray, brown, orr and noble.

fact is with what we have got at ashton gate we can do better on and off the pitch.

I would be careful if I was you or you will get banned for being a happy clapper.

don't you know the rules..........not moaning is not allowed.

The great new coaching idea on here is that if you boo,critisise and moan at players they will play better.Its the new coaching ethos.I will have to try it at work.Stand behind my workmates and critisise all day and see how it makes them perform better.

I am sure if i had people moaning at my work all day i would become brilliant.

fact is your work mate along with you are paid.

we pay to be entertained if it ain't happening there will be moans.

so were not using our squad then are we? 3 games same team when 5 ex first team players could have started

fact is with what we have got at ashton gate we can do better on and off the pitch.

First rule of football, don't change a winning team.

Think of the stick GJ would have taken tonight if he had changed the team and we had lost. :unsure:

First rule of football, don't change a winning team.

Think of the stick GJ would have taken tonight if he had changed the team and we had lost. :unsure:

yeah but those 5 were in a winning team to start with :farmer:

thing is start your regular team in the league and use a back up squad for the tin pot cup

v forest, but as i've said the 5 missing starters were in a winning team.

yeah but those 5 were in a winning team to start with :farmer:

thing is start your regular team in the league and use a back up squad for the tin pot cup

v forest, but as i've said the 5 missing starters were in a winning team.

Unfortunately because of the revenue involved I don't think SL would consider it to be the "tin pot cup"

I don't see you're problem. We have come through the busy patch having won the most important games, maybe if we had lost the last two games I would see what you mean.

Or is because you have a secret love for Mr Brown. :tongue:

Unfortunately because of the revenue involved I don't think SL would consider it to be the "tin pot cup"

I don't see you're problem. We have come through the busy patch having won the most important games, maybe if we had lost the last two games I would see what you mean.

Or is because you have a secret love for Mr Brown. :tongue:

Just playing the school report card, got potential but must do better.

i rate mr brown yes, i rate murray as i do noble and my opinion

is that i don't rate skuse and johnson over noble and russell or scotty brown.

And the beneficial effects of the moaning are what.?

Remember the second half V Southend last season for what happens if we do something else like .........SHOCK HORROR....get behind the team.

sometimes a rocket up the arse is needed to motivate players, my god cloughie and shankley

will be turning in their graves listening to all this pc bollox.

sometimes a rocket up the arse is needed to motivate players, my god cloughie and shankley

will be turning in their graves listening to all this pc bollox.

I think we had the rocket up the arse last season and that seems to have divided the fans into the pro Johnson and the pro Stewart factions.

I know which side of the fence i stand..PROUDLY.

Yeah!! you're right!! I'm converted!!!

YOU'RE RUBBISH JOHNSON! BOTH OF YOU! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, the performance was poor throughout and we were cold and we were bored. I normally associate myself more with the 'happy clappy-er' side of the City fans' divide, but tonight I couldn't muster much more than a half-hearted "The referee's a ######!".

No one booed the team this evening, contrary to what has been written above - most of us sat in a kind of anaesthetised silence for the most part. Did manage a bit of old fashioned ref-abuse, however, as he was among the most clueless we've seen for a while.

Until the introduction of seats into the Enclosure & East End in 1990/91, such conditions wouldn't really have been a problem. We all sang and shouted our hearts out, whatever was going on on the pitch. But now, sadly, for many of us our hearts aren't really in it like they used to be and it's been made pretty difficult to get behind the lads like in the days of old.

On Sunday I took the opportunity to sit in Dolman Block D instead of my usual season ticket place in the Atyeo Block G. Great view, but reminded me a bit of a visit to the ballet. So I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Re-open the East End though and i'll be in there like a shot and I seriously doubt we'll be having this kind of post-mortem about poor atmosphere at home games - just like when we were allowed back in a couple of years ago, the whole ground will be lifted, and along with it, the team.

Fact is, the performance was poor throughout and we were cold and we were bored. I normally associate myself more with the 'happy clappy-er' side of the City fans' divide, but tonight I couldn't muster much more than a half-hearted "The referee's a ######!".

No one booed the team this evening, contrary to what has been written above - most of us sat in a kind of anaesthetised silence for the most part. Did manage a bit of old fashioned ref-abuse, however, as he was among the most clueless we've seen for a while.

Until the introduction of seats into the Enclosure & East End in 1990/91, such conditions wouldn't really have been a problem. We all sang and shouted our hearts out, whatever was going on on the pitch. But now, sadly, for many of us our hearts aren't really in it like they used to be and it's been made pretty difficult to get behind the lads like in the days of old.

On Sunday I took the opportunity to sit in Dolman Block D instead of my usual season ticket place in the Atyeo Block G. Great view, but reminded me a bit of a visit to the ballet. So I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Re-open the East End though and i'll be in there like a shot and I seriously doubt we'll be having this kind of post-mortem about poor atmosphere at home games - just like when we were allowed back in a couple of years ago, the whole ground will be lifted, and along with it, the team.

spot on :clapping:

Regarding Fickle Crowds and fans who boo, we're not the only ones who see it. In the past few weeks both Dave Jones at Cardiff and Billy Davies at Derby have (who are both high up in the championship) have publicly stated that they are fed up of fans turning on the players because they don't win. Its not that they lose, its just that they don't ALWAYS win at home. The players can hear the crowd and as maidenheadred pointed out - we can be a 12th man.

Personally I don't boo because i think it has no positive affect and its the same with people who continue to bash players. Thing is though, we all see games in different ways. I can still recall an old bloke in Block C of the Doman moaning because Aaron Brown had given the ball away in the opening 30 seconds and was calling fo him to be subbed!! - Ridiculous!!

That said the atmosphere at AG is becoming an issue, anyone can see that - could it be that people refuse to make an atmosphere until we have the east end re-open? I don't know the answer but it wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with that.

Well i sat up in Williams E block last night, and it was good to have a bit of a sing song. And a certain someone I was sat with was pulled up by a steward for 'jesticulating' <sp> to the away fans. :rofl2br:

Couldnt stop laffing

The problem seems to be that the singers are sectioned off in differnt parts of the ground. There arent enough free seats (so were told by the club) to allow 60 odd people to sit together and create a decent atmosphere. The OTHER major problem is the acoustics of Ashton Gate.

I don't care what Mr Lansdown or Mr Sextoy say The east end is the best stand for acousitcs in the stadium, we were out sung by 50/60 of the Carlise fans last night who were singing non stop in the Eastend. Last season and the begining of this there were more than that in G block dullmoan and we never caused a racket anywhere near as loud as half the amount of people in the EE would create.

Anyone who says anything else against that is pure lies and ill give you evils.

ITs time that the club listened to the fan base. beacuse at the end of the day the Premier Club and thier nice comfy seats and thier nice prawn sarnies and thier Pink Champers arent the ones who will turn up week in week out home and away supporting and finacning Bristol City Football Club.

WHO ARE THE PEOPLE.

• Admin

You want to talk about moaners , well its time to name and shame !

I was sat in the Atyeo last night a guy infront of me in Block E, Row G / H somewhere around seats 10-12 shouted out to Jennison somethin along the lines of being a useless lazy.... (fill in the expletives) maybe no problem with that in itself, but the only problem was this was after 15 SECONDS !!!!

Fair play to the guy and young girl sat infront of them awho told him to shut up..... his reply "he pays his money and he can shout what he wants" again NO problem with that - but after 15 SECONDS !!!

You want to talk about moaners , well its time to name and shame !

I was sat in the Atyeo last night a guy infront of me in Block E, Row G / H somewhere around seats 10-12 shouted out to Jennison somethin along the lines of being a useless lazy.... (fill in the expletives) maybe no problem with that in itself, but the only problem was this was after 15 SECONDS !!!!

Fair play to the guy and young girl sat infront of them awho told him to shut up..... his reply "he pays his money and he can shout what he wants" again NO problem with that - but after 15 SECONDS !!!

Don't want to piss on your fire here but......

......you do realise you are in the Atyeo Stand. Random/pointless outbursts (or whatever you want to call them) occur in the latter on the Atyeo, throughout the game. You may hear other silly things such as (a classic of mine heard many a-time):

Someone totally slating a player, he then scores for example. Now, this same guy that was ripping his head off is now his biggest fan, but maybe for all of 10 minutes!

There was zero atmousphere in Dolman block B last night, what a nightmare. Opening the East End really does seem a good idea. Perhaps if we could get some of the good old nutters in there, the whole ground would liven up a bit!

Or maybe if the ticket prices weren't so shockingly high, more people could afford to come down? It did annoy me to hear Gary Johnson complaining about the lack of fans last Sunday when the tickets are such a ripp off. Although the prices are of course, not his fault.

Archived