IGNORED

Ashton Gate Moaners

Collis

nevermind people running the club - how about Bristol City fans stop being such a bunch of moaning old ba stards? crowd could have used their brains to work out that playing 3 huge, hard fought games in 9 days is going to be hard - and that we were going to struggle for sharpness tonight, so do we:

a) turn up in numbers, sing loudly, and be the extra man

b) don't turn up in numbers, don't sing, moan loudly at every missed pass, and even boo at half time!

Well up until this season i would have been in the a) catagory. The trouble is i have had enough of the hassles that go with this. Wherever loud boisterous fans congregate the yellow jacketed mafia move in. I realise there is safety concerns, but in my view, the actions taken are well over the top in proportion to any threat posed.

The final starw for me was earlier in the season when a megaphone was confiscated after about 5 minutes of being used, and the owner was told to not bring it again!! This, the very match that GARY JOHNSON had appealed for the fans to raise the roof!!

There are drums and trumpets allowed in the ground so how is a single megaphone worse.

The stewards said there was some swearing with it. If that was the case then why wasn't a warning given first. It was only brought to lighten the atmosphere and everyone near had a good laugh about it, but instead it all turned to hassle!!

I would never boo or critcise players during a match and hate others that do, and in the past i would never miss a home game. Until there is a change from the sterile plastic atmosphere that is all that is allowed at the GATE, i shall choose my games carefully, and they will be few and far between!!

Something needs to be done to improve things, but i have had my fill of trying to do it!!!!

Archived