IGNORED

A Year Ago Today

Redland

We were bottom of the league and facing the unthinkable - relegation. We had been knocked out of all three cups by league two opposition - remember the awful home ties against Barnet & Notts County?

Exactly 12 months later we are third in the league, in the area semi final of the JPT & in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

Well done to Gary Johnson & the lads for turning it around. I would have taken this situation if offered it a year ago!

Exactly. Johnson's been a class act since he joined, going about getting the squad he wanted, playing the style of attractive football he wanted.

I remember a year ago reading posts on this forum saying it would be best for the club to get relegated to get itself in order. Now, there are still plenty of people with negative attitudes, but I havent heard that one in a while, so GJ must be doing something right :thumbsup:

I have a great feeling about this season.

We were bottom of the league and facing the unthinkable - relegation. We had been knocked out of all three cups by league two opposition - remember the awful home ties against Barnet & Notts County?

Exactly 12 months later we are third in the league, in the area semi final of the JPT & in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

Well done to Gary Johnson & the lads for turning it around. I would have taken this situation if offered it a year ago!

Here, here Redland. I necver cease to be amazed at the continual criticism levelled at GJ on here and accordingly would sum up the last 12 months by paraphrasing a line from Monty Python's Life of Brian.............

So, just what has Gary Johnson ever done for us then?

Great post but I don't think you will get much agreement on here as its not anti Johnson/Lansdown/Sextone.

Reading most of this forum you would think we are still in that position.I feel the main achievement over that last 12 months is changing the attitude of the players.We now have a squad who will put there bodies on the line for the cause and give 100% even when things arent going well as last night typified.How many times in the recent past would we have won with last nights performance.

Long may it last!

:laugh:

Ok besides winning mentality,20 pt more points, 26 better goal difference and peace to the dressing room what else has Johnson ever done for us?

:whistle2::whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

Well he did bring in McCombe and McAllister who have turned out to be top signings.

Well Ok then, but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAliister, just what has Johnson ever done for us?

Well he did bring in McCombe and McAllister who have turned out to be top signings.

Well Ok then, but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAliister, just what has Johnson ever done for us?

What about 2 great keepers in Basso and Weale to replace THE SULK

but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister and 2 great keepers just what has Johnson ever done for us?

He has protected the Bristol public on a night out by removing drunken football players from Bristol nightlife (well sort of anyway)

Well Ok then, but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAliister, a protected Bristol public on a night out just what has Johnson ever done for us?

Aquaducts?

Oh, hang on. That can't be right...

Nah \RedTop, I don't think we can credit Gary with anything on the aqueduct front. Likewise I can't see where Gary has made any improvement in sanitation over the last 12 months. How often are City cruising along nicely in a game, only to concede a late goal(s) so that we are hangin on grimly for the last 10-15 minutes? As a result, how many fans are crapping themselves come the final whistle? Hardly improving sanitation is it?

Get a grip Johnson, as apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister, 2 great keepers, protecting the Bristol public on a night out and gettingthe team firmly in the middle of the promotion race just [b]what have you ever done for us?

Things certainly are alot brighter then they were 12 months ago thats for sure, fingers crossed this could be our year.

Well done to Lansdown for getting Johnson in the first place.

Things certainly are alot brighter then they were 12 months ago thats for sure, fingers crossed this could be our year.

Well done to Lansdown for getting Johnson in the first place.

That's a different thread - possibly a sub-forum!

So Lansdowne, apart from getting Gary Johnson, just what have you ever done for us?

Great post but I don't think you will get much agreement on here as its not anti Johnson/Lansdown/Sextone.

I know what you mean, it amazes me how poeple always find something to hit Lansdown with, at the moment it's the EE, I'm sure as soon as thats been put to bed they'll find something else to moan about.

What about 2 great keepers in Basso and Weale to replace THE SULK

but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister and 2 great keepers just what has Johnson ever done for us?

... he also signed Jevo, Enoch and Noble. All three improved the squad, probably lowered the average wage bil, and cost nothing.

but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister and 2 great keepers, plus signing of Jevo, Enoch and Noble - just what has Johnson ever done for us?

People are allowed to have reservations about GJ's management though.

I readily admit I do, but I can't ignore the fact that we're winning games, and under the previous management we weren't.

I hope GJ is successful here, but that doesn't mean that I can't have reservations. If I don't like how he does things then I'm entitled to say, but I wouldn't be a very good fan if I didn't recognise all the good that he does too.

Archived