IGNORED

A Year Ago Today

Redland

... he also signed Jevo, Enoch and Noble. All three improved the squad, probably lowered the average wage bil, and cost nothing.

but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister and 2 great keepers, plus signing of Jevo, Enoch and Noble - just what has Johnson ever done for us?

He got us into the third round of the FA Cup with a home draw and the Southern Section Semi Final of the JPT

but apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister and 2 great keepers, plus signing of Jevo, Enoch and Noble, getting us into the third round of the FA Cup with a home draw and the Southern Section Semi Final of the JPT- just what has Johnson ever done for us?

(He couldn't get the bloody highlights section of World to work properly though could he-Lazy B*****d)

I have been guilty of criticism of GJ (loan signings, defensive subs, unable to handle Phillips, Bridges, MS and looking/sounding a little too much like Barry Fry) but I forgive him all that (even the Barry Fry bit).

He is getting the best out of Basso with Weale at the ready, has built a superb back four with Orr, Woody and Fonts knocking on the door. A very workmanlike, if not spectacular midfield and with awkward Enoch, Brooks and Jevo we are scoring again. Not much of a threat out wide but we are joint second and the side is playing with a confidence that comes from winning.

As a fan, I can't wait for the next game - I think that says it all. Well done GJ, the team and all at AG. Have to stop now - I'm blubbing :sweatingbullets:

After all that we've been through as a club, it's sometimes difficult to appreciate that we might just be doing OK and heading in the right direction but for most City fans accepting this just doesn't seem to be in their make up and they only want to concentrate on the negatives . As a result, there seems only one way to add to this thread...........

Some things in life are bad (Baz Savage)

They can really make you mad (Brooker going to jail)

Other things just make you swear and curse.( Marcus and Johnson)

When you're chewing on life's gristle (half time pies)

Don't grumble, give a whistle ( even better, sing and cheer with or without the East end open)

And this'll help things turn out for the best... (PROMOTION)

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life... (remember, we could be supporting the Gas!)

Nah \RedTop, I don't think we can credit Gary with anything on the aqueduct front.

Maybe not aquaducts but I think its fair to say he's having a good try at building bridges with the fans.

Get a grip Johnson, as apart from a winnning mentality, 20 more points, 26 better goal differnce, peace in the dressing room, McCombe and McAllister, 2 great keepers, protecting the Bristol public on a night out and gettingthe team firmly in the middle of the promotion race just [b]what have you ever done for us?

Archived