IGNORED

Tinnion Or Wilkshire

Taz

Before Luke went to Austrailia, the first choice central midfield pairing was Tinnion and Wilkshire. Doherty's fitness levels were appalling, and the headbutt at Wycombe didn't do him many favours either. He was dropped - and rightly so.

Luke goes to Australia - Tommy gets a chance to reclaim his place in the centre. He did this, and in my opinion has been a revelation since. On current form he can't be dropped.

Luke comes back from international duty, Tommy is suspended for one game so immediately returns to the starting eleven. It is after this game that the problem begins.

How do you drop the captain of the side, who has hardly put a foot wrong since returning? How do you drop a player who has played for the club for 10 years, and has been equally impressive as Tommy? How do you drop an Australian international that was beginning to find some fantastic form before he went away?

The answer - You play all three. Wrong!!

This causes a problem, as it means that the central pairing is Tommy and Tins, whilst Luke is put back out on the right - a position that doesn't suit his style of play. This also disrupts the balance of the team. Wilkshire is NOT a right winger, which means that Brown is the only real outlay in a wide position.

In my opinion you don't drop Tommy. However his partner in the centre has to be either Tinnion or Wilkshire. I don't see how you can accomodate all three players in the same starting lineup - unless of course you select a 5 man midfield, which is unlikely.

This is not meant as a dig at Danny or his tactics before anybody says so - just an observation. An observation which I'm sure I am not on my own in thinking.

Totally agree with what your saying. Having Tins, Tommy and Luke in the side together has affected Brown's performances because when we attack down the right with Luke he will come inside, therefore meaning there is less room for Brown on the left.

Brown was in excellent form when Goodfellow was in the team because we had two good wingers that would run at their men, creating space for each other as they wouldn't come inside so much.

I would like to see our midfield as follows tonight, with Wilkshire on the bench, ready to come on if one of our CENTRAL midfielders tire or get injured.

BROWN - DOHERTY - TINNION - GOODFELLOW

Any thoughts?

Guest Swiss Baloney

I'm afraid to say that in the later 20 mins of the game Tinman is not looking as good as he should so Wilkshire/Tinman swap around. With Tinman starting and wilkshire comming on later, ala Lita :dunno:

why not use the LEFTFOOTED goodfellow on the left??then perhapse he might try to go outside, instead of cutting in all the time. possibly use marvin or christian on the right. I THINK AARAN NEEDS A REST. should have a place on the bench though.

:

sport19: :sport19: :sport19: :sport19: :sport19: :sport19: :sport19:

PERHAPSE DANNYS SURPRISE CHANGES FOR TONIGHT ARNT FAR AWAY FROM THIS???????

What rubbish.Tommy is not as defensive as you make out,he makes a tackle which is a rarity for some of our more fragile midfield players,but his attacking and shooting are very underated.I would have him 1st on the teamsheet,with tinman not far behind-sorry wilkshire but it's the bench for the time being.

What rubbish.Tommy is not as defensive as you make out,he makes a tackle which is a rarity for some of our more fragile midfield players,but his attacking and shooting are very underated.
Tommys' role in the team is to protect the back four by breaking up the opposition midfield as much as possible.No player can protect the back four and get into attacking position all the time.

The occasional shot that Tommy gets in usually come from City set plays like corners.He's not an attacking midfielder like Kavanagh or Igoe.My point was - do City really need to protect the back four when playing at AG?

And....I don't dismiss your opinions as "rubbish" and would ask you to do the same with my and other users opinions.

Archived