IGNORED

What Do You Think Of Millwall Fc?

ooRya

Just wondered.

I must admit that at one time I would have just dismissed the club and their fans as a total waste of space, full of animal thugs and hooligans, and ok, I accept that they still have a certain element of that.

But over the last few months I have been on this and other forums, and have read the comments on various issues from a good few 'Wall supporters, and now have the opinion that Millwall FC is a good "old fashioned" home town football club. The type of club that I remember Bristol City being a few short years ago.

The fans on the various forums are clearly passionate followers of not only Millwall FC, but of "REAL" football, the type of football that I know (knew?) and love.

I know that Millwall FC is one of the clubs that we all "love to hate", but I just wondered whether I am the only one that has a grudging respect for them and their fans?

Just wondered.

I must admit that at one time I would have just dismissed the club and their fans as a total waste of space, full of animal thugs and hooligans, and ok, I accept that they still have a certain element of that.

But over the last few months I have been on this and other forums, and have read the comments on various issues from a good few 'Wall supporters, and now have the opinion that Millwall FC is a good "old fashioned" home town football club. The type of club that I remember Bristol City being a few short years ago.

The fans on the various forums are clearly passionate followers of not only Millwall FC, but of "REAL" football, the type of football that I know (knew?) and love.

I know that Millwall FC is one of the clubs that we all "love to hate", but I just wondered whether I am the only one that has a grudging respect for them and their fans?

Yes

Just wondered.

Is this the same millwall that tore it up at swansea and forest the last few weeks? :disapointed2se:

Not that some of our "followers" are angels of course :whistle2:

No they didn't

As for Millwall, I have more time for their fan base than any (such as Doncaster or Yeovil) club who's fans dress like party clowns with silly wigs and facepaint

Christ you're in trouble now Moomin!!

The party clown society and the association of silly wig makers will be on your back like a shot.

You clownist, wiggest extremist.

Intolerance, that's what it is!!

No they didn't

As for Millwall, I have more time for their fan base than any (such as Doncaster or Yeovil) club who's fans dress like party clowns with silly wigs and facepaint

In all seriousness,I have more time for them and someone that supports Macclsfield rather than jumping on a coach to Manchester........er, like I almost did the other week :blush::blush: and going to support a team from a City with which I have no association whatsoever.

Just don't play that 'Drink up thy cider' at full time.........that is what kicked it all off last time!!!

Nah mate, it was the weather, that penalty, Dyches foot through the dressing room ceiling....about the only thing he ever did kick in two seasons of sickness at AG :whistle2: oh......and the final straw was when the Kentucky ran out of Party Buckets.......understandable really.

In all seriousness,I have more time for them and someone that supports Macclsfield rather than jumping on a coach to Manchester........er, like I almost did the other week :blush::blush: and going to support a team from a City with which I have no association whatsoever.

Indeed, there is nothing that annoys me more when we travel away and in the services the "Bristol branch" of some northern Prem team are all there.

No they didn't

err....yes they did me old mate, i was there and saw it with my own eyes!! My best mate is a millwall s/t holder! Maybe bit of an over exageration with the "tear up" but it was certainly a bit naughty (at swansea). With regards to Forest, just rumours ive heard so cant be 100% sure.

I totally agree with you with regards to there fan base though...!

err....yes they did me old mate, i was there and saw it with my own eyes!! My best mate is a millwall s/t holder! Maybe bit of an over exageration with the "tear up" but it was certainly a bit naughty (at swansea). With regards to Forest, just rumours ive heard so cant be 100% sure.

No worries, I know they're no angels

i respect most people who are passionate about a club at our level.

sky TV and the like have made it all too easy to ditch your local or hometown team in favour of one of the overexposed premiership sides or even european teams, so credit to those who keep the flag flying whoever they may be.

yes some millwall fans are a bit 'over enthusiastic' shall we say, but as BB has mentioned above "people in glass houses..."

the atmosphere the last time i saw millwall at the gate (the 2-1 matthews last min penalty match) was electric, lets hope thats the same again, and without any needless aggro.

the atmosphere the last time i saw millwall at the gate (the 2-1 matthews last min penalty match) was electric, lets hope thats the same again, and without any needless aggro.

As opposed to much needed aggro?.......only kidding. :D

Here's a serious question.

"Why, in general, is the atmosphere better at night games?" :dunno:

I've no idea

Indeed, there is nothing that annoys me more when we travel away and in the services the "Bristol branch" of some northern Prem team are all there.

If those guys are people that have moved to Bristol or have a genuine family connection with the clubs concerned, I haven't got a problem.It's the glory hunters that frost my weener.Like the bloke I met on holiday once, decked out in more Newcastle kit than the club shop.We got chatting and it transpired I'D been to St James's Park more than he had and he started to support Newcastle when the club he used to support, Leeds, was relegated!! :disapointed2se:

More time for a Gashead........only because it's cruel to mock the afflicted though. :whistle2:

Just wondered.

having been there 3 times with the gas,and watched them a few times against city...plus all of our home games with them i agree with you...don't hate them...respect them...

regards.

As opposed to much needed aggro?.......only kidding. :D

Here's a serious question.

"Why, in general, is the atmosphere better at night games?" :dunno:

I've no idea

it is odd that.

i remember a night game versus bornemouth years back (when tony thorpe hit a hatrick) and although it was pretty meaningless the crowd was in pretty good form.

however the same can't be said for the evening game against bury last time we were in whats now the championship (with hill making his debut, or at least one of his first games) where we drew 1-1 but it was the most miserable night ever.

maybe we play less and those we do tend to hold more importance, with the odd exception proving the rule. :dunno: tis a bit of a riddle

And there you have the justification for travel restrictions when we went and absolutely nothing happened.Fans 0 OB 1 :( And before anyone jumps in, NO I don't agree with them but this just adds grist to their mill.

If those guys are people that have moved to Bristol or have a genuine family connection with the clubs concerned, I haven't got a problem.It's the glory hunters that frost my weener.

ditto, and "frost my weener" has become my phrase of the week!

be them Celtic fans or Farsley Celtic fans you can't fault family or hometown connections.

though it can get a bit spurious at times. friend once announced he was a barca fan due to one of his grandparents being a catalan. eventually we found out that each and everyone of them was from deepest darkest sussex, and a couple of them didn't even know what a catalan was! he still gets stick about it 8 years later... :D

To me Millwall are not just another Club in the division who we're confident on this occassion of beating comfortably.

Always a buzz in the air, always a good adrenaline rush, always good fun when they're in town.

With genuine matchday excitment becoming more and more infrequent this is particularly true this season.

My view would quite possibly change if I get my face smashed in on Saturday, but despite one or two previous close calls, so far so good in that respect. Touch Steve Brooker's head or my erec..., nah, better not.

Do I like them? I like hating them.

Last time we played Millwall we were fortunate enough to meet a nice group of fans. They were sick of the way they were treated by other clubs and fans simply because a minority of so called fans spoilt it for the rest of them. I'm inclined to agree with them but this has been stamped down with the away day cards, and I think they have something in place at home too. Their gates may have gone down because of this but I'm sure the club would rather have a good reputiation than a bad one from the minority. I'm sure every club has them just Millwall had a bad reputation in the 80s for causing trouble.

To me Millwall are not just another Club in the division who we're confident on this occassion of beating comfortably.

Always a buzz in the air, always a good adrenaline rush, always good fun when they're in town.

With genuine matchday excitment becoming more and more infrequent this is particularly true this season.

My view would quite possibly change if I get my face smashed in on Saturday, but despite one or two previous close calls, so far so good in that respect. Touch Steve Brooker's head or my erec..., nah, better not.

Do I like them? I like hating them.

What a cracking post WTFiGO mate, I absolutely agree with you on every point you made, hopefully the atmosphere will be cracking in the ground, I can't wait.

This is one of about 3 fixtures this season I looked for straight away when the fixture list came out.

Been to a few Millwall matches at The New Den QPR and West Ham and London Bridge before the match was f@ckin scary, about 800

cops with baking dogs and lots of groups with 30-40 old men wearing Stone Island and wearing Henri Lloyd caps all looking very hard, very vocal from both sides inside, very funny to see a large group of Millwall watching the West Ham supporters rather than the match...

Crap football side and three points for us saturday :))))

Archived