IGNORED

What Do You Think Of Millwall Fc?

ooRya

What a cracking post WTFiGO mate, I absolutely agree with you on every point you made, hopefully the atmosphere will be cracking in the ground, I can't wait.

This is one of about 3 fixtures this season I looked for straight away when the fixture list came out.

Was just stating the bloody obvious I thought tbh, someone had to take the responsibility, ta non-the-less.

Been to a few Millwall matches at The New Den QPR and West Ham and London Bridge before the match was f@ckin scary, about 800

cops with baking dogs and lots of groups with 30-40 old men wearing Stone Island and wearing Henri Lloyd caps all looking very hard, very vocal from both sides inside, very funny to see a large group of Millwall watching the West Ham supporters rather than the match...

Crap football side and three points for us saturday :))))

I'm just trying to picture the scene that you describe. Two groups of threatening thugs in a terrifying stand off, and the police are huddled round a little bonfire in the middle of London Bridge, baking their dogs on a spit. Hot Dogs, anyone?

Just wondered.

I must admit that at one time I would have just dismissed the club and their fans as a total waste of space, full of animal thugs and hooligans, and ok, I accept that they still have a certain element of that.

But over the last few months I have been on this and other forums, and have read the comments on various issues from a good few 'Wall supporters, and now have the opinion that Millwall FC is a good "old fashioned" home town football club. The type of club that I remember Bristol City being a few short years ago.

The fans on the various forums are clearly passionate followers of not only Millwall FC, but of "REAL" football, the type of football that I know (knew?) and love.

I know that Millwall FC is one of the clubs that we all "love to hate", but I just wondered whether I am the only one that has a grudging respect for them and their fans?

In Sweden Millwall traditionally has the reputation of having the worse fans around. A bit harsh of course as at least 95 percent of their following are good people. Welcome back in charge you guys!

Just wondered.

I must admit that at one time I would have just dismissed the club and their fans as a total waste of space, full of animal thugs and hooligans, and ok, I accept that they still have a certain element of that.

But over the last few months I have been on this and other forums, and have read the comments on various issues from a good few 'Wall supporters, and now have the opinion that Millwall FC is a good "old fashioned" home town football club. The type of club that I remember Bristol City being a few short years ago.

The fans on the various forums are clearly passionate followers of not only Millwall FC, but of "REAL" football, the type of football that I know (knew?) and love.

I know that Millwall FC is one of the clubs that we all "love to hate", but I just wondered whether I am the only one that has a grudging respect for them and their fans?

have seen the good and the bad at bristol with the lions most are ok had good day/night out with some of there lads a few years ago now !

bad was last time we played them ! good and bad in every club no matter who they are (even us ) think they just get the stick for it because of there history of trouble

I'm just trying to picture the scene that you describe. Two groups of threatening thugs in a terrifying stand off, and the police are huddled round a little bonfire in the middle of London Bridge, baking their dogs on a spit. Hot Dogs, anyone?

You cant bake a dog on a spit, it would have to be roasted, so the police would be spit roasting there dogs. Ah, that sounds very wrong doesnt it?

Just don't play that 'Drink up thy cider' at full time.........that is what kicked it all off last time!!!

Blimey!, Hope they don't play Elton Bogs 'Saturday Nights Allright's For Fighting' then, if 12 000 kick off to that there's no escape, not even in the Williams. !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was well impressed with Millwall circa 1985? when they most famously invaded the pitch at Luton Town FC and really pissed off the Thatcherite Tory MP Chairman of Luton at that time.

I,like a few others who have posted previously have a begrudging respect for Millwall fans. They have been villified for years for the actions of a few,indeed the Thatcher government wanted the club closed down if I remember rightly. Yet,with all the other(more fashionable)clubs on their door step, they still follow THEIR team. Fair play to 'em.

On the worries of any altercations tomorrow (hope there are none),I am more worried about the return fixture at the New Den! Imagine us going up at Millwall and sending them down! It took ages to get out of the ground last time I went there,imagine the worst case scenario this time. Last away game too!

Archived