IGNORED

What A Season

cockney dave

:englandsmile4wf: What a season we are having.There hasn't been one home game that we have dominated any team,and yet we have won eight drew one and only lost one.I have been on the edge of my seat right up to the final whistle.i've came away hardly believing that we have won.Even the next day i have to relive it all in my mind and its bloody marvelous.If this is a bad season then bring it on.I'm loving every moment and keeping my fingers crossed that may it long continue.CITY FOREVER! WE ARE GOING UP1: :englandsmile4wf:

Guest MaccaJK
:englandsmile4wf: What a season we are having.There hasn't been one home game that we have dominated any team,and yet we have won eight drew one and only lost one.I have been on the edge of my seat right up to the final whistle.i've came away hardly believing that we have won.Even the next day i have to relive it all in my mind and its bloody marvelous.If this is a bad season then bring it on.I'm loving every moment and keeping my fingers crossed that may it long continue.CITY FOREVER! WE ARE GOING UP1: :englandsmile4wf:

well thats one way of saying we're crap.

personally i'd rather play well and win and i am finding this season unbelievably boring.

To be honest I don't care if we play crap and win. A wins a win and I can remember Wilsons last season with us and our 1-0 wins. Made you nervous as hell but we won alot! Its a physical league and we have to be strong to battle through and punch above our weight to get out of this hellhole. Fingers crossed eh?

Sounds like the glass is half full in cock-er-ney land then! I like your attitude!

Personally I haven't enjoyed it, but frankly if we can gain promotion playing like this then I really don't care that the performances have been less than inspiring.

Utter crap...

There has been a few games at least, most notably against Chesterfield, we should have scored about 8 that day.

Sounds like the glass is half full in cock-er-ney land then! I like your attitude!

Personally I haven't enjoyed it, but frankly if we can gain promotion playing like this then I really don't care that the performances have been less than inspiring.

Careful, I was slated for saying I was unimpressed, and I was the reason Ashton gate was a morgue.

Of course it is better to play well and win (which we have done at times this year, like against Chesterfield and Crewe) but if we are to escape this division we have to be capable of picking up points when we don't perform to the highest standard.

It's disappointing to not be walking the league with champagne (or even just decent fast flowing) football, but I’m not sure that is a realistic aim anyway. No one in this league (or indeed in any league) plays top quality football every week, and maybe in the past one of our main points of weakness was trying to play good football over getting the points. Forest certainly haven't been outstanding for 90 mins every week this term, just ask their fans.

We have become much more ruthless and resolute, which may have been at the cost of a certain amount entertainment. However I personally take pleasure both from us grinding out a result and seeing us play attacking football. Both are 'good' football, just in different ways.

And ultimately I don't think the ends always justify the means, but I'd rather be having to grind out some games and then really 'play' others near the top end of the table with the aim of promotion than have to joylessly grind out every single point for survival near the bottom.

Playing under par and winning is all very well but you won't get away with it indefinately.Eventually, if you continue to struggle for form you'll come up against a side that are flying and get seriously beaten.Thats bad for morale.

Sure, I'm happy that City are scrapping results but I'm concerned that unless performances improves that we'll come unstuck and start slipping down the league.

City need to be more convincing and I'd love to see us 3-0 up after 45 on Saturday but somehow I don't expect to be,

Playing under par and winning is all very well but you won't get away with it indefinately.Eventually, if you continue to struggle for form you'll come up against a side that are flying and get seriously beaten.Thats bad for morale.

Sure, I'm happy that City are scrapping results but I'm concerned that unless performances improves that we'll come unstuck and start slipping down the league.

City need to be more convincing and I'd love to see us 3-0 up after 45 on Saturday but somehow I don't expect to be,

you are right, i just feel we are metally (and fitness-wise) more capable of getting those scrappy points than at anytime in the last few years.

I don't think we are playing that badly though, and the millwall game is exactly the type of match we need to lift us out of the dip in performance (though not results) we are in right now. an opposition who need three points yet are not perfoming well at home and after we have had our first full weeks rest and training for three weeks. plus taking a point away from a tough fixture at inform rotherham will have lifted the team.

we have just had a large amount of games with couple of injured/suspended players limiting our squad, so now we are free from that to a degree lets now see if we can start putting in the type of footballing performance we all crave (and lets hope your 3-0 and halftime comment becomes reality)!

I think this season is great too but not because of the fantastic attacking football we are playing because we aren't! We have become resilient and that's down to Basso's massive improvement along with a top class back four (whether Fontaine or Orr plays) which makes us bloody difficult to beat.

Good football can be played at the back as well and it's worth the money sometimes to watch McCallister and Carey let alone McCombe and Mr 110% Keogh.

The missing ingredient is pace - JMW is probably our only speed merchant and is still learning. A good quality pacey left sider please Santa :xmas:

Well said.

Why is playing well and winning considered impossible or, at best, mutually exclusive!

That's the point, we're not playing well... yet still winning? I don't see the problem? As soon as we start playing some good football, which we already have seen this season (vs crewe) I'm sure we will win more convinceingly (sp?) In the players defence, we've had a busy few weeks without much rest or time to prepare, so they're doing well at the moment i feel.

Like i said, atleast we're winning and doing much better at this stage than last season so i really don't see the problem :dunno: Is it that impossible not to complain about something? Give the lads a bit of credit.

Wait a minute...Just a few weeks ago, werent we all drooling after our performances against Chesterfield, Oldham and Crewe, claiming this is the best football we've played for years??

Now all of a sudden, everyones moaning. :rofl2br:

I don't remember us hammering too many teams back in 97-98...possibly only the 4-1s against Grimsby and Millwall and they came after christmas, but it was an enjoyable season which ended in promotion.

I think this comes down to entertainment vs nervous excitement. It's nice to play champagne football and stuff teams 5-0, but do you really get excited when we score or when we very narrowly avoid conceding a goal? Compare this with a match where we score the only goal late on, or barely manage to hold onto our slender lead. Not as entertaining, but much more exciting in my book.

But surely it can't be a "great" season. What with the East End being closed, MS being so cruelly rejected by the club he loves, the Premier Club seating being in place, our failure to break even and the outrageous decision to play Gillingham on a Sunday, this must rank as our worst season ever :whistle2:

Guest MaccaJK
Wait a minute...Just a few weeks ago, werent we all drooling after our performances against Chesterfield, Oldham and Crewe, claiming this is the best football we've played for years??

Now all of a sudden, everyones moaning. :rofl2br:

I don't remember us hammering too many teams back in 97-98...possibly only the 4-1s against Grimsby and Millwall and they came after christmas, but it was an enjoyable season which ended in promotion.

no. definately not oldham. as i remember it that was the worst match i've ever seen closely followed by doncaster and carlisle.

problem is how many teams ACTUALLY play well and gets results? look at the most sucessful team? Chelsea? horrible to watch!

the only really entertaining team in the Prem is Arsenal, these days football is more about getting results than good performances, chairman and managers want entertainment however they care more about results, which then loses the entertainment value, personally although not the best performances at times this season, it's still alot better than the last season under Wilson and any game under Pulis

Archived