IGNORED

No Excuses In This Christmas Period

Barrs Court Red

We have 18 points to play for between now and Tranmere on January 13th.

In my opinion, we should be looking at getting near to that 18 point total considering the sides that we face.

There can be no excuse for sloppy draws and god forbid any defeats over Christmas, if we are to be seen as serious promotion contenders.

After this period there is no "easy" run of games, and a winning run now will set us up nicely for what will be a very tough January and looking further ahead some very tough combinations of matches.

This is the time for players to really step up to the plate, especially the midfield. The ability is there but there are serious question marks on their ability to do the business in matches consistently. To me this season will be won or lost on the form of the players involved in that area.

I agree.

We've probably got the most forgiving Christmas period I can remember in terms of quality of opposition and it's a real opportunity to put ourselves clear of the playoff places.

The only games we should find remotely difficult are Chesterfield away and Tranmere, and even then a draw would be disappointing. With a mostly fit and motivated squad we should be ok, the only worry would be injuries to players in the positions we're light in.

Most of our immediate rivals have more difficult games.

Forest have Donny, Tranmere and Oldham(A) to play.

Tranmere have Forest(A), Huddersfield(A). Crewe and Rotherham.

Oldham have Forest, Rotherham(A) and Scunny (A).

Scunny get off quite lightly apart from Oldham.

Let's have a good Christmas period for once.

We have 18 points to play for between now and Tranmere on January 13th.

In my opinion, we should be looking at getting near to that 18 point total considering the sides that we face.

There can be no excuse for sloppy draws and god forbid any defeats over Christmas, if we are to be seen as serious promotion contenders.

After this period there is no "easy" run of games, and a winning run now will set us up nicely for what will be a very tough January and looking further ahead some very tough combinations of matches.

This is the time for players to really step up to the plate, especially the midfield. The ability is there but there are serious question marks on their ability to do the business in matches consistently. To me this season will be won or lost on the form of the players involved in that area.

I agree. We've done well to be in 3rd place so far considering the court case, the striker injury crisis and the run of tough away games we've just had. Now is the time to be making hay while the sun is shining.

I agree.

We've probably got the most forgiving Christmas period I can remember in terms of quality of opposition and it's a real opportunity to put ourselves clear of the playoff places.

The only games we should find remotely difficult are Chesterfield away and Tranmere, and even then a draw would be disappointing. With a mostly fit and motivated squad we should be ok, the only worry would be injuries to players in the positions we're light in.

Most of our immediate rivals have more difficult games.

Forest have Donny, Tranmere and Oldham(A) to play.

Tranmere have Forest(A), Huddersfield(A). Crewe and Rotherham.

Oldham have Forest, Rotherham(A) and Scunny (A).

Scunny get off quite lightly apart from Oldham.

Let's have a good Christmas period for once.

I agree, but don't quote me on this, but i think we wont be playing chesterfield on the regular date because of the cov game. Which will give us a game in hand. If we can be atleast 2nd with that game in hand, we will be in a very strong position.

Depends almost entirely on two things.

Form & Players missing either injured or suspended.

Our away form HAS to improve as indeed do results.

More importantly, who those missing players are.

For example, as long as we have at least one of Carey & McCombe in the middle of the defence and at least one of Brooker & Showumni in the centre of the attack, I think we have cover all over the park...........save the wide positions and a fit & on form pair of Scotts.............Brown & Murray could make a big difference.

I just hope we aren't left to rue the fact that we didn't get a striker and a wide player (Proper ones not Corr & Wright) earlier.

In terms of injuries we have Carey,almost certainly- JMW, Brown, Johnson (possibly) and maybe even Brooker, missing for this Saturday all ready.

In terms of suspensions Keogh & JMW are on 4 yellows with the two macs on three.

We have the ability within the squad to pick up 5/6 wins.......it could depend on the little bit of luck we all need.

Given the time of year, problems or good luck with the weather can also have a bearing!

Here's hoping

Fine i'll tell you..

Bradford x 3 and Huddersfield.

21st and 23rd on the form guide respectively.

You didn't give me time to reply!

It doesn't really matter who the clean sheets were against, the point is that four games without concdeding will give them confidence that they can get out of trouble.

An early City goal might just help that confidence evaporate....

You didn't give me time to reply!

It doesn't really matter who the clean sheets were against, the point is that four games without concdeding will give them confidence that they can get out of trouble.

An early City goal might just help that confidence evaporate....

But those 2 teams are completely abysmal at the moment, so what are the odds of them creating good scoring chances?

I hope they have some confidence, so they come at us, and we annihalate them.

Always concerns me when City play a team near the bottom of the league. Do we step off the gas because they are near the relegation zone? Teams like Orient and Cheltenham are going to be upping their game against us to prove that they can stay in this league. I just hope the right city turn up against them over Christmas as it may mean red faces in the New Year if we suffer a few defeats.

Always concerns me when City play a team near the bottom of the league. Do we step off the gas because they are near the relegation zone? Teams like Orient and Cheltenham are going to be upping their game against us to prove that they can stay in this league. I just hope the right city turn up against them over Christmas as it may mean red faces in the New Year if we suffer a few defeats.

Wise old head on your young shoulders, young un :D we can beat anybody but anybody can beat us;

Wise old head on your young shoulders, young un :D we can beat anybody but anybody can beat us;

Yep - that sort of league - we are certainly not about to go points clear I fear.

On the record to date NF look good for auto promotion and the rest of us are chasing - as posted elsewhere the stats say Scunnie are more likely candidates than us - hope to be proved wrong but I fear another " Wilson " season.

Then what you have to ask........

Yep - that sort of league - we are certainly not about to go points clear I fear.

On the record to date NF look good for auto promotion and the rest of us are chasing - as posted elsewhere the stats say Scunnie are more likely candidates than us - hope to be proved wrong but I fear another " Wilson " season.

Then what you have to ask........

Haven't seen your other post. Which particular stats?

Archived