IGNORED

These Are Definately Realistic...........

And Its Smith

Some of the transfer targets mentioned on here are so unrealistic. I don't think we'll spend more than £300k in January, don't even think we'll spend that mind you. Then you have to think will the club sell to us and will the player come (remembering that any player would prefer to go to ANY Championship club in my opinion).

I think most people agree that we need wide men, left would be a priority but still need a right sided one. After that maybe we need a striker as well but not as much of a priority I don't think. How about these:

Scott Vernon - Blackpool

Karl Hawley - Carlisle

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - Huddersfield

Lee Williamson - Rotherham

Matt Bloomfield - Wycombe

Some of the transfer targets mentioned on here are so unrealistic. I don't think we'll spend more than £300k in January, don't even think we'll spend that mind you. Then you have to think will the club sell to us and will the player come (remembering that any player would prefer to go to ANY Championship club in my opinion).

I think most people agree that we need wide men, left would be a priority but still need a right sided one. After that maybe we need a striker as well but not as much of a priority I don't think. How about these:

Scott Vernon - Blackpool

Karl Hawley - Carlisle

Gary Taylor-Fletcher - Huddersfield

Lee Williamson - Rotherham

Matt Bloomfield - Wycombe

I'd be happy if Vernon, Hawley and Williamson came to us. They're class. Also Luke varney of crewe, don't see how that isn't realistic. Don't think holt is unrealistic either.

Agreed OmegaSnake - Varney would be a great addition. Out of RedDave's list I'd like to get Gary Taylor Fletcher...great player!

I don't know about Varney though, agreed that he is class and would be an exceptional signing but is he too good? By that I mean that (a) I don't know if we can afford him and (b) if we bidded for him then I reckon Championship clubs would jump in and hi-jack.

I think the position we are in means that we wont get players that are as good as people like Varney.

What about Izale McLeod - surely waiting to be plucked from the mediocrity that is Franchise FC. £300 - £400k might do it given the division they're in. Apart from him there don't seem to be many options in League Two with many of the top scorers such as Stallard, Mooney, Forrester not of the required standard and Easter already persona non grata.

Might even be worth looking at the Conference although I have little knowledge of that league.

What about Izale McLeod - surely waiting to be plucked from the mediocrity that is Franchise FC. £300 - £400k might do it given the division they're in.

Why McLeod hasn't moved from the Dons is a mystery to me.He consistantly bangs in the goals even last season in a struggling side.You would think that with his record some bigger outfit would have snapped him up but no-one has.

Makes you wonder if he has some kind of bad boy reputation or an attitude problem.

I think that is his problem. My mates a Wolves fan and apparently that's why they didn't go for him the other year.

Still, even with a bad attitude (which won't be getting better under 'Mad Dawg') he is still a class player and could easily bang in 20 in League 1 IMO.

Totally agree that we should be actively scouting at Conference level. Theres a boy called Benyon at St Albans worth a look........

Seriously, scouting at lower levels either in England/Scotland/Ireland is absolutely critical, look at Doyle@ Reading and remember where Keane started, Cobh Ramblers. Cramby still banging them in at lower level in Scotland, must be nearly as old as me !!!!!!!!!!

What about Izale McLeod - surely waiting to be plucked from the mediocrity that is Franchise FC. £300 - £400k might do it given the division they're in. Apart from him there don't seem to be many options in League Two with many of the top scorers such as Stallard, Mooney, Forrester not of the required standard and Easter already persona non grata.

Might even be worth looking at the Conference although I have little knowledge of that league.

It wouldnt be 300-400k to get him as MK turned down 1mil for him from Peterborough, that was because it was over 3 years the payment, but they obviously value him highly to of turned down that 1mil bid.

Archived