IGNORED

Plymouth V Swindon

Taz

Now that we have the points, but would be the best result in this game tomorrow?

If Plymouth win, then they regain the five point lead that they had before we won. This would then mean that some of the momentum that Swindon have been gaining as of late will be halted (temporarily at least).

If Swindon win, then they close the gap between them and us once more. Plymouths lead at the top on the other hand would remain as a two point cushion.

A draw - Swindon gain a point on us, and Plymouth extend the lead to three points.

It's a tough one :dunno:

I would prefer Plymouth to win. I'm not too bothered about the Championship I just want to get out of this division. We've already got 2 teams to fight with, we could do without Swindon getting right in there too. Stop them before they get too involved I say!

I would rather see it end a draw. 1 point each would be better in my opinion, so Plymouth would only have 3 point lead. (if we win our next and equal Plymouth would we go top, good)  :dunno:
No we wouldn't, Goal Difference?

Yeah we would like to see a Swindon an Hartlepool

win tomorrow....That would put Swindon level on

points with QPR! :dunno:

Don`t forget they be ole playin` in mid week except we!

Tue Mar 16 2004

Chesterfield v Brighton 19:45

Colchester v Wycombe 19:45

Hartlepool v Stockport 19:45

Oldham v Barnsley 19:45

Plymouth v Peterborough 19:45

Port Vale v Luton Town 19:45

QPR v Wrexham 19:45

Rushden v Notts County 19:45

Blackpool v Brentford 19:45

Wed Mar 17 2004

Sheff Wed v Bournemouth 19:45

Swindon Town v Grimsby Town 19:45

Guest Argyle_Til_I_Die

Basically I'm not bothered about the championship yet. dont even care about it. like in division 3 when we won that, we didnt start to think of it until we had gained promotion. thats step 1.....then you think about the championship. at the moment we could both still end up with nothing!! (except play-offs) For you, i would think the best result would be a draw..... or us to win. We dont want this to turn into a 4 horse race! we still need to get rid of QPR yet :dunno:

We'll beat em if you do :blush:

When you have been in the 2nd Division as long as we have, you like to think of Championhip from beginning of the season, we desperatley want to get in the 1st. Champions, Runners up or Play Offs just get us up there dude! :dunno:

I think it depends on who you think will be the strongest over the remaining games. If you think Plymouth will maintain their form then perhaps a Plymouth win would be best... let them go, for us to fight for second.

However, if you think Swindon, being the form team, will press onwards then perhaps a win for them might be the start of a Plymouth drift.

It would be foolish to discount QPR from the equation, so something has to give. City's home form strikes me as the key to the whole run in.

The obvious problem is only having the two spots to fight for, and we can only hope that it is two from the other three contenders who drift...

i would like to see a 0-0 draw.

i'm not too bothered with us being champions

all i want is for us to be in the top 2 , a draw

would be good or us as swindon would not gain

too much ground and plymouth would not pull too far away

and with the fact we still have to play plymouth, swindon and

q.p.r it is all in our own hands :dunno:

Archived