IGNORED

City's Quickest Goal Ever? - Anyone Know?

bristolcitysweden

9 second apparantly, Atyeo againts Bury, in some year that I've now forgotten (according to macth live)

quickest i've ever seen against us was Blackpool in maybe 1994 (95?)

first game of the season - at home

first game of the season after relegation

8 seconds of "yeah we're going to walk this division and go straight back up"

after 9 seconds - 0-1!

quickest i've ever seen against us was Blackpool in maybe 1994 (95?)

first game of the season - at home

first game of the season after relegation

8 seconds of "yeah we're going to walk this division and go straight back up"

after 9 seconds - 0-1!

Only things like that happen at Ashton Gate - i'm sure of it!!!

Only things like that happen at Ashton Gate - i'm sure of it!!!

especially as the game ended with the same score, and blackpool had only 9 men!!

still - you've got to have the bad times to appreciate the good (although I actually stopped writing my response to "favorite city moments ever" thread as i realised that beating hartlepool in the last minute at home really aint much to shout about, and i got all depressed...)

especially as the game ended with the same score, and blackpool had only 10 men!!

still - you've got to have the bad times to appreciate the good (although I actually stopped writing my response to "favorite city moments ever" thread as i realised that beating hartlepool in the last minute at home really aint much to shout about, and i got all depressed...)

Maybe we should start a 'Most comical City moments' thread. The only danger is that there are so many to fit in!

especially as the game ended with the same score, and blackpool had only 9 men!!

I remeber that one - Welch didn't even dive for it!

But to be a statto, I believe that match finished 1-1. Wasn't it the game where our Aussies made their debuts, and David Seal scored with a corker of a strike on about 22 minutes...? THERE'S an example of the bad times and the good in one game...

OK folks, I've dived into the history book; 1995-96 season and picking up on Maidenheadred's point as well:-

The season was only 12 seconds old when Blackpool took the lead at Ashton Gate. The two Australians, Seal and Agostino, showed the remainder of the team what effort was required and 20 minutes later Seal equalised from 20 yards out. Seal scored six times in the first six games of the 1995/96 season and all were from 20 to 30 yards out! Although the forwards were playing well, the defence was non-existent. At the end of August, City were away to Shrewsbury who had yet to win. City lost 4-1.

There I was all seated in the Dolman ready & waiting for the game to begin, then just as it started some guy arrives late at his seat in front of mine.. don't you just hate it when that happens?, erm, think his name was something like Robbored or summat, anyway he's stood up in front of me, couldnt see a damn thing, told this bloke to sit down but too bl**dy late innit..Scotty Murrey scores a goal & all I see is the back of this bloke RR waving his Open The EE Now flag...!

Well I was in a right old two & eight by now so I gets me fags out & stands at the back & lights up with me mates Puffin'Billy, Smokey Joe, Fag Ash Lil & all that lot had to do something to calm meself down... what an inconsiderate so & so that bloke was eh?.. ;)

(ok so I'm lying ...but it COULD HAVE HAPPENED eh? ..:laugh::) )

• Admin

Can anyone recall the opposition who scored pretty much straight from the kick off at Ashton Gate when the only City player to have touched the ball was the hapless Marvin Harriott in deflecting it past the keeper at the Atyeo end?

I think that game ended 0-1 too.

Can anyone recall the opposition who scored pretty much straight from the kick off at Ashton Gate when the only City player to have touched the ball was the hapless Marvin Harriott in deflecting it past the keeper at the Atyeo end?

I remember Ray Kennedy scoring a goal like that for Liverpool, I think it was the first home game of our last season in the 1st division? Nobody touched the ball for City though, 5/6 passes and a knock down for Kennedy to score, I think it MOTD goal of the month as well.

I think Robinson's was against either Peterborough or possibly Brentford (it was some team that had to win by about 100 goals to stay up), but it was the beginning of the second half so technically the game was already 45 minutes old...I'll get me coat :whistle2:

that was against the posh mate and it was in the first half trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

What about memorable Goals from distance??

Ken Wimshurst scored an own goal from near the half way line at Ninnian Park late 60s, early 70s.

Chris Crowe (on many occasions) and Ivor Guy both scored from 70+ yards but Cashley's is surely the greatest distance. Ivor Guy's goal was at Ninnian was 72 yards and did not bounce!

That was against Bolton December 1994...29 seconds. This was match 10 in a run of 14 league games in which we failed to keep a clean sheet!!

Archived