IGNORED

Please Help With Info

Bar BS3

as you might tell from the time of this post, this was a late night, rather achohol influenced bet, and post!! so pls excuse the inevitable typos!!

However, in order to refrain from influence i will simply ask a question, rather than if you agree withh one point of view or another!

if you know and wouln't mind replying. it would be appreciated

thank you!

Q) when Bristol City played vs Watford away last game of the season when both were in what would now be called the championship, i think in the 1990/91 season( maybe wrong by a year or so ) we had 2 players sent off.

What was the score? and to who??

Thank you in hope of your ageeable knowledge!!

Rob

as you might tell from the time of this post, this was a late night, rather achohol influenced bet, and post!! so pls excuse the inevitable typos!!

However, in order to refrain from influence i will simply ask a question, rather than if you agree withh one point of view or another!

thank you!

Q) when Bristol City played vs Watford away last game of the season when both were in what would now be called the championship, i think in the 1990/91 season( maybe wrong by a year or so ) we had 2 players sent off.

Rob

Mmmm, I think we had 3 off, Alison, Attevelt & Aizlewod and I think it was 5 - something (2?); this is all off top of my head, so I expect to be wrong on something

Mmmm, I think we had 3 off, Alison, Attevelt & Aizlewod and I think it was 5 - something (2?); this is all off top of my head, so I expect to be wrong on something

Yes your right lost 5-2 and had Aizelwood Alison and Attevelt sent off!! Wonder if thats the first time in football history that so many players were sent off with the same initial of their surname? :D

thank you!

Rob

Triple "AAA" simple as.

and if i remember rightly, wasn't it all over the same incident?

Allison elbowed some bloke going up for a header. Atteveld stamped on the same fella as he lay on the ground, and then Aizlewood was subsequently sent off for arguing with the ref.

It was the last game of the season: strangely enjoyable, with 2 cracking Andy Cole goals.

thank you!

Rob

From my City bible:

2nd May 1992

Watford 5 (Drysdale 32, Bazeley 54, Putney 58, Blissett 88, Gibbs 89) City 2 (Cole 27,48)

Attendance: 10582

Referee: K.Morton (Bury St. Edmunds)

Team: Leaning, Atteveld, Scott, Aizlewood, Bryant, Osman, Llewellyn, Dziekanowski, Cole, Allison, May

Sent off: Atteveld, Allison, Aizlewood

From my City bible:

2nd May 1992

Watford 5 (Drysdale 32, Bazeley 54, Putney 58, Blissett 88, Gibbs 89) City 2 (Cole 27,48)

Attendance: 10582

Referee: K.Morton (Bury St. Edmunds)

Team: Leaning, Atteveld, Scott, Aizlewood, Bryant, Osman, Llewellyn, Dziekanowski, Cole, Allison, May

Sent off: Atteveld, Allison, Aizlewood

Ah yes our favourite ref at the time !! Always sending our lad off !!

and if i remember rightly, wasn't it all over the same incident?

Allison elbowed some bloke going up for a header. Atteveld stamped on the same fella as he lay on the ground, and then Aizlewood was subsequently sent off for arguing with the ref.

It was the last game of the season: strangely enjoyable, with 2 cracking Andy Cole goals.

My memory of the match is a bit hazy, it was one of the few matches I missed but as I had a 4 week old baby I had an excuse!

Presumeably if it was connected with the same incident they got sent off at the same time? I wonder how long we had to play with 8 players? Bet there was one hell of an atmosphere though!

Kelvin Morton!!!!!

He was an impressively bad referee - we always knew we were in for entertainment of some sort when he was in charge.

I wasn't at the Watford game, but I was at Northampton when he sent off Steve Galliers and Paul Fitzpatrick. For once Galliers hadn't done anything wrong, and as far as we could tell Fitzpatrick was sent off for looking a bit like Russell Bromage (who had already been booked) when Fitzpatrick slightly mistimed a tackle in front of us - about the only time I saw Fitzpatrick commit a foul.

I quite miss the likes of Kelvin Morton (Dennis Hedges was another almost guaranteed to have the fans scratching their heads in confusions at his decisions). We might have hated them but games weren't often boring with them around.

This was one of the worst days of my life. We were hammered by Watford I was almost arrested at the ground after the three sending offs and when I got back to Bristol I was beaten up and spent the night in Southmead.

Mint! :disapointed2se:

MM

All part of growing up and being a City Fan, Max!! :rolleyes:

So, to sum up, what was wrong with your day because I can't see what your complaining about :whistle2:

All part of growing up and being a City Fan, Max!! :rolleyes:

So, to sum up, what was wrong with your day because I can't see what your complaining about :whistle2:

We still talk about it even today. I have no idea how I talked my way out of getting arrested as I was hammered, but I did. I lived with my parents in Horfield and after a few bevvies in the Showboat, not the Anchor, I got a take away on Ashley Down Road, thats when I woke up in Southmead.

I am soooooo glad that day has never been repeated, well, except the score line.

One funny thing though. We bumped into Adam Woodyat (Ian Beale from Eastenders) in MacDonalds and at the top of my voice I shouted, look everyone, it's that gay one from Eastenders.....well the language that came out of his mouth. :innocent06:

MM

My memory of the match is a bit hazy, it was one of the few matches I missed but as I had a 4 week old baby I had an excuse!

Presumeably if it was connected with the same incident they got sent off at the same time? I wonder how long we had to play with 8 players? Bet there was one hell of an atmosphere though!

I think the first 2 went straight away, with Aizlewood sent off about 5-10 minutes later for keeping on and on and on at the ref afterwards

I remember walking (well staggering) back to my mate's car singing "we are going up", as all the leagues were changing because of the premiership starting.

Think I was also handing out can's of lager through the car's sun roof to some other city fans stuck on the M25 on the way home? But it's all a bit of a blur really!

I think the first 2 went straight away, with Aizlewood sent off about 5-10 minutes later for keeping on and on and on at the ref afterwards

Thats right, and Andy Cole was close to following too as he kept moaning.

The famous game when the ref and around 9 Scumford players were half way down the bloody tunnel as he blew for time. I have NEVER seen a more incensed City support. I thought the Scumford player made a right meal of the challenge, and so did a fair few others.

Scumford were leading but it took em till what last ten minutes to look like beating City. hoofball at its finest. have detested them ever since..

I remember walking (well staggering) back to my mate's car singing "we are going up", as all the leagues were changing because of the premiership starting.

Think I was also handing out can's of lager through the car's sun roof to some other city fans stuck on the M25 on the way home? But it's all a bit of a blur really!

Thats the way to do it! Good on you sir.

Pretty sure it was 3 off - Aizlewood, Attleveld and Allison.

I think it was also Andy Coles last game in a City shirt. For some reason he looked right peed off when our players kept getting sent off - I can remember thinking, why should he care, it didnt matter to him, he was obviously leaving anyway! Now we know of course hes just a miserable so and so! After the game, he threw his shirt in the City end, I knew then he was going for sure, some lucky bugger I presume still has it.

And a load of City fans were in fancy dress.

Cant remember much about the actual game.

worst thing about that game was got dumped by my girlfriend at the time i was listening to radio 5 and she wanted to listen to radio 1.

That we're away, and she's got PMT blues is a bastard....still must have been a heavyweight relationship to dump you over your choice of radio station!!!!!!! Bunnyboiler!!

:innocent06::innocent06:

Two consec seasons City's final game was Watford away. Found these snippets in my history book.

90-91; On the final day of the season City could still get into the promotion frame by winning at Watford whilst Barnsley and Brighton lost. City did win, 3-2, but the others failed to cooperate and the season ended in 9th. spot on 67 points. Eight clubs beneath City, including relegated West Brom, had actually lost fewer games.

91-92; This meant that regardless of the result at Watford City would finish seventeenth. This game was to see great controversy. Cole twice gave City the lead only for Watford to equalise then take the lead. In the 64th. minute Allison and Atteveld were both sent off. Four minutes later Aizlewood joined them with his third dismissal of the season. The eight remaining players held on, but conceded two more goals in the final three minutes for the heaviest defeat of the season 5-2.

What I found strange was the fact neither team had anything, bar pride, to play for. No one could make the play-offs, get promoted or relagated. What does stick in the memory was when near the end a load of City fans went in the toilets and ripped the entire plumbing from the walls. There was water everywhere, childish I know but I found it very compensating seeing what had just happened on the field.

I think it was also Andy Coles last game in a City shirt. For some reason he looked right peed off when our players kept getting sent off - I can remember thinking, why should he care, it didnt matter to him, he was obviously leaving anyway! Now we know of course hes just a miserable so and so! After the game, he threw his shirt in the City end, I knew then he was going for sure, some lucky bugger I presume still has it.

It was the last game of his loan spell from Arsenal. We then signed him permanently in the summer, though he only stayed until the following January.

Archived