IGNORED

3 Points But...

SimplyRed

I have to say I was a little disappointed with last night's game. Great that we got the 3 points and at this stage of the season, that's all that matters.

My worry is that we don't seem to have anybody who can convert chances.

We should have scored at least 5 goals last night with Peacock, Miller, Roberts, Goodfellow and Lita were all guilty of missing guilt-edged chances.

Our strike rate has to improve for April or we will be punished by the likes of Plymouth and QPR.

I think Peacock has had his chance and needs a spell on the bench. Yes, he works hard, yes he holds the ball up well, but his primary job is to put the ball in the net and he's hasn't done that for a long spell - longer than most managers would accept.

I also think Lita is NOT ready for a start. Yes, he popped up and scored the winner, but for the majority of the game he was ineffective against a relatively poor side. He needs too much time to play the ball. He is definitely more effective using his pace against tiring defenders at the end of a game.

Roberts needs to spend most of his training sessions practising his shooting.

Miller showed last night why we paid good money for him, his touches were excellent and he held the ball up as well as Peacock. But he needs a bit of shooting practice too.

Our midfield don't get forward enough for me. How many times have we seen crosses come into the opposition box, only to have the 2 strikers vying for it? Why aren't the central midfielders trying to get on the end of crosses in the box too?

I think I'd like to see Miller and Roberts up front, with Tinnion on the left, Goodfellow on the right, Doherty and Wilkshire in the middle, with the back four of last night.

Ideally, we should be trying to get a loan striker for the rest of the season.

I think Lita is definately worthy of a start, imagine if he did'nt start last night, would it of been 0-0  :dunno:
The "run of the ball" makes a great deal of difference.It just wouldn't fall for City last night.City must have had as many chances last night as they did against Notts County at the start of the season.Then they went in,last night they didn't.

Whats important is that City created so many chances.To win 1-0 and create only one chance is far more worrying than winning 1-0 at creating loads of chances.

Some upcoming team are in for a hammering if City continue to create as they did last night.

City aren't really playing all that badly, if you consider the number of chances they are creating, with a more confident and composed nature up front they could hammer someone. Wycombe at home they had 24 shots (alright a fair number were off target) and against Rushden they had 16 on target and 8 off target. That represents a huge number of chances and that's down to their approach play.

If for an example City took 15% of their chances they could have netted 4 times instead of once, last night. Winning 4-0 Vs Rushden would have had us all cock-a-hoop. Lita should have had a second after his goal, Freezer should have scored and Roberts ought to have had one. There's your 4.

Archived