IGNORED

Daddys Son

You Know I Am Right

no.. but then again i wouldn't play skuse on the wing :disapointed2se:

Apart from the first time he played on the right wing, we have won every game he has played in that position.

GJ had his reasons for putting Skuse on the wing and it has got us results, so what's the problem?

so what's the problem?

been through this before, fact is we got better players at the club who can

play on the wing, as i've said before he wouldn't be my first choise on my team

sheet and thats my opinion, you have yours.

as gamon picked his midfield of brown, noble, russell, murray

that would be my choise if yours is different then fair enough.

I'm not too sure how relevent the less than 50% posession figure is. I haven't done any research but it seems to me that teams regularly win games whilst having less of the ball than their opponent.

I think that if our midfield was stronger and we were getting more of the ball we would be near unbeatable in this league. I suppose the fact we win games with 40-45% possession shows we are more cutting edge when we do get the ball than other teams but if you combined that cutting edge with a stronger midfield and say 60% possession we would be beating teams comfortably in this league. That said, to really make a difference we desperately need a left winger as well. I think Lee Johnson is a good player but I also think he has gone off the boil over the last four or five games and we have an option sat on the bench in David Noble who is desperate to play and can do a good job (as the last 25 games of last season showed).

No

"Johnson Johnson give us a game"

I'd pick Noble any day, and I'm genuinely surprised so many people have said they'd pick Johnson. He must do something in training to keep being allowed to take the free kicks, I just wish one or two of them would work during a game.

But what has Noble got to offer that Johnson doesn't already have in abundance?

Its very well saying you would pick Noble, but I can't see what he can offer the team that Johnson can't?

Please enlighten me?

Its very well saying you would pick Noble, but I can't see what he can offer the team that Johnson can't?

Please enlighten me?

What I mean is I don't see exactly what Johnson is doing when he is on so why not give Noble a chance.

He did a great job for us at the end of last season and I just cant understand why he hasnt at least been given a chance since. I appreciate that he was injured and then Lee came along, but as I just said I don't actually think LJ brings a lot to the game and think Noble deserves a chance.

been through this before, fact is we got better players at the club who can

play on the wing, as i've said before he wouldn't be my first choise on my team

sheet and thats my opinion, you have yours.

as gamon picked his midfield of brown, noble, russell, murray

that would be my choise if yours is different then fair enough.

Yes, we have been through it before.

It would be nice if you could state reasons on how that midfield would work better then what we have, rather then just saying its you're opinion.

What I mean is I don't see exactly what Johnson is doing when he is on so why not give Noble a chance.

He did a great job for us at the end of last season and I just cant understand why he hasnt at least been given a chance since. I appreciate that he was injured and then Lee came along, but as I just said I don't actually think LJ brings a lot to the game and think Noble deserves a chance.

Could be a number of reasons why he has not been given a chance;

• Poor attitude.
  • Not impressing in reserves.
  • Not impressing in training.
  • Moving in January.
Not saying any of those reasons are true, but I don't think you can say he should be given a chance when you don't know all the facts.

Quote from Main Site;

Johnson set-up Orr on the edge of the box and the defender guided the ball into the far corner for his first goal of the season.

right, bit pi55ed now but anyway here goes..... went today thought lee johnson was a waste of space (especially with noble on the bench), not saying anyone shone out but lee johnson has under-performed for a while now.

basically just want to know would you play L. Johnson if you were in charge yes or no?

YES

Yes, we have been through it before.

It would be nice if you could state reasons on how that midfield would work better then what we have, rather then just saying its you're opinion.

already been through it.

we need a tough tackler in midfield and 2 wingers to get wide to spread a defence,

johnson gets foward with the ball but in defensive play is not that great,

look at the yeovil away goal to show what i mean,

city lost the ball in the yeovil half but skuse and jonson allowed the yeovil

player to run 50 yards and shoot without even making a tackle,

now a player like say tommy doc would have got stuck in and won the ball

back without ball watching, our defence (which is good) gets more pressure

on it than it needs be as we get out bossed in midfield, we don't get the ball

wide and get down the line and attack full backs with crosses, this a style

of play jevons is missing as he thrives on poaching balls in the box.

fair enough some people rate him some don't. but i don't think it is a case of nepotism. with the exception of mccombe, carey, macallister and brooker i think it is possible to argue over the rest of the squad and who deserves the shirt at present. thats the good thing, that there is massive competion for places and not much to choose between many players in the squad.

personally i don't think there is much to choose between noble and johnson. i just get the feeling that LJ will get quite a few goals once he breaks his duck.

No

LJ wouldn,t even be on the bench let alone in the team

His passing is average at best

put that with the fact he cant or wont tackle!!!!

For me the centre of our midfield should bE

any two from russell noble and skuce

He did win the ball for our first goal and he did put a crunching tackle on Spencer - I agree though that a bit more of that aggression is required.

Please enlighten me?

look how many games we won at the end of last season (many away from home!) with noble and russell pulling the strings in midfield. now, with a better strike pair (enoch for bas) and better defence behind them i think they culd dominate the middle of the park in a way that LJ has yet to do.

just my opinion

IMO Wilkshire was/is a better player than LJ, and could actually score as well as create. Wilkshire spent a lot of time on the bench, LJ cant get time off the field. Brown and Noble cant get a start in center midfield, and Artus who we were told in November was close to selection, is as far away as ever.

LJ is a skilled player, but not a strong dominant midfielder, and thats what we need.

We are third in the league and Johnson is in the team so my vote is in his favour.

Saying that I rate Noble higher as player. A constructive central midfielder shall have the capacity of playing it simple and not overworking situations. Noble got that gift while Johnson tends to overwork situations now and then.

My first preference for January is a central midfielder that can run the park.

One assist and one goal for LJ so far. :clapping:

Although I agree his consistency must improve, all the LJ bashers have to understand why he is in the team now?

You cannot blame the 2 goals by Bournemouth on him.

Radio Bristol quote;

It is Johnson who has provided the energy and skill for City to comeback in this match

Guest jackhammered
One assist and one goal for LJ so far. :clapping:

Although I agree his consistency must improve, all the LJ bashers have to understand why he is in the team now?

You cannot blame the 2 goals by Bournemouth on him.

Radio Bristol quote;

You remind me of SarahB

Archived