IGNORED

Jevons

Portland Bill

• Admin
Dumb question, dumb thread.

It's not a dumb question.

Why does Jevons continue to score regularly in the Cup competitions but continue to draw blanks in the League. I feel that that is worthy of debate.

It cannot be quality of opposition as all his Cup goals have come against League One opposition.

I hate to say it but if he doesn't start scoring soon he'll be matching Bas' record in the second half of last season. :huh:

It's not a dumb question.

Yes it is! The poster can do his own research instead of being lazy. This is the internet FFS, he doesn't have to go to Bristol library to find his answer.

Why does Jevons continue to score regularly in the Cup competitions but continue to draw blanks in the League. I feel that that is worthy of debate.
So am I, but this thread does not, and will not, spark debate.

It cannot be quality of opposition as all his Cup goals have come against League One opposition.

He's still scored plenty of goals in the last 4-5 weeks. Once again, my feeling is lack of service from out wide and he hasn't had enough good opportuniteies from deadball situations.

Guest jackhammered
Ask a DUMB question, get a DUMB answer.

Dummy.

Oooooo...look at the hardman .What's the matter lovey,is he trying to say your hero is crap?

Awwwwwwwww bless.

When did Jevons last score a league goal from open play ?

Jevons needs to be dropped, not because I dislike him or because I'm anti-Jevons but because he doesnt score enough goals in the league, Bournemouth was months ago! how on earth does he still start week in week out?

Id rather have one of our youngsters playing.

Williams or Benyon. Take your pick, both young and hungry to suceed and certainly cant do any less than Jevons so worth a go in my book.

Williams, already proved this season not good enough to be a regular starter upfront, considering the amount of games he has played upfront, 1 goal

Benyon - currently still on loan until mid Jan?

any decent suggestions? all you have done so far is prove why Jevons will continue to start

Yes Jevons needs dropping, but you cant help but feel sorry for the bloke!

We play a 4-4-2 formation and haven't had 4 fit strikers,..... hell 3 fit strikers! all season! (this is not a que for a marcus stewart thread!!!!)

He hasn't been dropped because we have nobody to replace him!!! Brooker and Enoch have been sicknotes all season, Enoch doesn't seem to be able to string more than 2 games together and brooker has had trouble shaking off quite a strange but serious injury.

So Jevo needs to be dropped/rested but who will come in???

Yes Jevons needs dropping, but you cant help but feel sorry for the bloke!

We play a 4-4-2 formation and haven't had 4 fit strikers,..... hell 3 fit strikers! all season! (this is not a que for a marcus stewart thread!!!!)

He hasn't been dropped because we have nobody to replace him!!! Brooker and Enoch have been sicknotes all season, Enoch doesn't seem to be able to string more than 2 games together and brooker has had trouble shaking off quite a strange but serious injury.

So Jevo needs to be dropped/rested but who will come in???

spot on, that's the thing, Jevons could do with a couple of gam es on the bench, and people moan that Johson hasn't dropped him at all this season, however HOW COULD HE? unless we are sticking McCombe up front with Jennison?

Brooker looked the best he has for a while yesterday, though with a couple of games (and hopefully a goal or 2) he should be back to last seasons form, if then Enoch is fit / Benyon is back then we can rest Jevons, until then, we have to be patient and back the lad (ahhhh! now I see the problem)

Played with 10 men again yesterday.

The guy needs to get his act together fast because hes bloody awful at the moment.

Bring on someone in the transfer window.

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke, he just isnt good enough. Simple as that. I'm not anyti-Jevons, I think the blokes work rate and commitment is excellent....but there comes a time when you got to sit back and think "wait a minute, this man isnt good enough at this level, he just isnt cutting it".

If you look back at the Gillingham FA Cup thread, all the "Do Gooders" come out saying "Wheres the Jevons Bashers now...", I said on that very thread that anyone can have a game like that and score a hat-trick, so you judge them over a period of time, over a "block of games". He hasnt done anything since!! and he wont....as he isnt good enough!

I appreicate we havent had anyone to really replace him in recent months, what with injuries and that, but with January upon us and £2m in the bank, you would have thought Steve Clownsdown would at least free up £400,000 for G.J to spend on two new players.

If he doesnt, we can forget about 2nd spot and possibly promotion, the lack of goals will cost us big time.....you'd think Steve L may have learnt from his mistakes in recent years (i.e when we were crying out for him to sign Mark Robins)

I genuinely feel sorry for the bloke, he just isnt good enough. Simple as that. I'm not anyti-Jevons, I think the blokes work rate and commitment is excellent....but there comes a time when you got to sit back and think "wait a minute, this man isnt good enough at this level, he just isnt cutting it".

If you look back at the Gillingham FA Cup thread, all the "Do Gooders" come out saying "Wheres the Jevons Bashers now...", I said on that very thread that anyone can have a game like that and score a hat-trick, so you judge them over a period of time, over a "block of games". He hasnt done anything since!! and he wont....as he isnt good enough!

I appreicate we havent had anyone to really replace him in recent months, what with injuries and that, but with January upon us and £2m in the bank, you would have thought Steve Clownsdown would at least free up £400,000 for G.J to spend on two new players.

If he doesnt, we can forget about 2nd spot and possibly promotion, the lack of goals will cost us big time.....you'd think Steve L may have learnt from his mistakes in recent years (i.e when we were crying out for him to sign Mark Robins)

I'm not a Jevons basher either, I actually think he can be a good striker at this level, as he has shown in glimpses.

However when he isnt on form, hes quite simply shocking.

I do however question his effort in terms of winning things in the air and the general hustle and bustle of games. He seems to just wimp out of challenges when really he could make more of a nuisance of himself.

We need a 20-goal striker, simple as that.

If the chairman doesnt splash some of that £2m in January then we will struggle to get 1st/2nd spot IMO.

I agree that Jevons hasn't exactly been playing gret at the moment; but City haven't been playing to his strengths. I think that Jevons is at his best when he has the ball given to his feet, yet at the moment he is constantly chasing long balls that have been pumped up from the defence, and his lack of pace means that he will rarely get to the ball first. When City start playing it to his feet I feel that we will start to see more from him.

If correct, that is just not good enough.

In truth PJ to GJ is like Peacock to Wilson.

He won't get dropped and is the first name on the teamsheet.

But whereas we criticised Wilson for that loyalty most posters will support GJ for the same mistake cos that is the way the board is ( at the moment ).

May change but in fairness PJ remains our leading scorer - which says more about the rest than about him in truth !

In truth PJ to GJ is like Peacock to Wilson.

He won't get dropped and is the first name on the teamsheet.

But whereas we criticised Wilson for that loyalty most posters will support GJ for the same mistake cos that is the way the board is ( at the moment ).

May change but in fairness PJ remains our leading scorer - which says more about the rest than about him in truth !

how can you drop him, when most of the season their has been no one else that can play?

I'm not a Jevons basher either, I actually think he can be a good striker at this level, as he has shown in glimpses.

However when he isnt on form, hes quite simply shocking.

I do however question his effort in terms of winning things in the air and the general hustle and bustle of games. He seems to just wimp out of challenges when really he could make more of a nuisance of himself.

We need a 20-goal striker, simple as that.

If the chairman doesnt splash some of that £2m in January then we will struggle to get 1st/2nd spot IMO.

couldn't agree more, very half hearted, with challenges, attempts to head the ball, as proved on Tues, with the header from a decent cross( first half) that he put well wide, little glancing header, when it seemed all that was needed was a good firm header,

but that's Jevons , always trying the delicate little flicks and headers, does the bloke ever break into a sweat, and come off after a game feeling worn out?

OK, I realise some players lose their form and things don't always work, but surely you try to make up for it with a bit more effort, as I said before, and I think most of us can see it, this bloke is never going to score 20 goals in the season, lucky to get 10 (league) and it's going to be goals that cost us promotion.

There, feel better for that!

Archived