IGNORED

Jevons

Portland Bill

• Admin

Another pertinent question is what have his goals contributed?

6 points would appear to be the answer, he has scored:

1 in a 2-1 loss = 0 points

1 in a 3-1 win = no direct contribution to the points

1 in a 2-1 win= 3 points

1 in a 2-0 win = no direct contribution to the points

1 in a 1-0 win = 3 points

1 in a 2-1 loss = 0 points

A team hoping for automatic promotion has to get a better return than this from a senior player, for whatever reason, his contribution just isn't up to the standard required.

We're crying out for some pace in the team, a striker and a midfielder that can get forward and actually beat a defender for pace.

There maybe some mileage in the fact that Jevons hasn't had a regular partner, but he's not a youngster coming through the ranks, he's 26, he should be able to have taken on the main striking role, whilst accomodating the succession of sicknotes he has to play with.

You could argue, he'd fair better with a stronger, more supportive midfield behind him and I guess he probably would, but he hasn't seemed to be able to adapt to the situation he finds himself in. I certainly wouldn't be upset to see him having a spell on the bench, but we're hardly blessed with an abundance of superfit, in form strikers.

Like I said yesterday we need a striker. Both Brooker and Enoch have been sicknotes this season. Jevons has not been up to scratch. Teams around us like Oldham Blackpool Forest Scunny all have prolific strikers we don't. We need to strengthen in transfer window or we will end up with a play off place if that.

I have consistently backed Jevo on this forum, his record overall is decent, however, the last 2 matches he has been at best anonymous and at worst appeared disinterested. He should be rested when possible. I was exasperated with JMW, although with MS out and Brooks/Enoch injured, GJ had little option other than to play him.Since he has been playing less, and making cameo appearances from the bench, appropriate to his age and inexperience, the lad is rejuvenated and his overall contribution is better.Jevo needs a reality check, if you don't produce, you don't play......over to GJ.

£2m "in the bank" yet we are a club that lost £1.17million at the last check.

At £400,000 id want a player with a far more proven record than previously mentioned Hayter and Reddy.

Yes we may have lost £1.17m at last check, but last I heard we ahd a chairman who "loved this club" and wants to take them in the right direction

Isnt this the same Chairman who is the 35th richest man in the country (or sport, I'm not sure), one behind David Beckham!

Yes we may have lost £1.17m at last check, but last I heard we ahd a chairman who "loved this club" and wants to take them in the right direction

Isnt this the same Chairman who is the 35th richest man in the country (or sport, I'm not sure), one behind David Beckham!

he's worth alot, doesn't actually mean he has all that money in the bank, most of his cash is still tied up in his Business........and city

he's worth alot, doesn't actually mean he has all that money in the bank, most of his cash is still tied up in his Business........and city

I'm sure he has enough for a new striker and new winger though. I totally appreciate the fact that clubs at our level has to be careful in this day and age when it comes to spending money, look at teams that have gambled and nearly gone bust

BUT....

Surely not investing in a new striker and new winger could end up costing this club a lot more then if we do, i.e another season in this poxy league, with rubbish crowds and trips to rubbish grounds

I'm sure he has enough for a new striker and new winger though. I totally appreciate the fact that clubs at our level has to be careful in this day and age when it comes to spending money, look at teams that have gambled and nearly gone bust

BUT....

Surely not investing in a new striker and new winger could end up costing this club a lot more then if we do, i.e another season in this poxy league, with rubbish crowds and trips to rubbish grounds

Oh, yes, i completely agree with you.

The point i was trying to make, in a roundabout way, is that if we spend any money, we have to be sure it'll be on someone who will produce the goods.

OR, we could spend less/little and take a gamble on a lower league player.

Either way, id hope the GJ has identified his targets long in advance of this posting, so we wont be panic buying at the last minute.

WIth regard to the chairmans assets, he may number 35 on the football money list, but much of it, i understand, as BH_red suggests, is tied up in Hargreaves and Lansdown.

Archived