IGNORED

Johnson .. Itching To Play Weale ?

headhunter

Call me a cynic but to quote Keegan's once famous outburst, "I'd really love it if we beat ..." I wonder if inwardly Johnson has been thinking "I'd really love it if Basso drops a clanger[as long as it doesn't cost us the game] then I can bring in my preferred goalkeeper, Chris Weale".

Basso was at fault for at least one of the goals yesterday but I am a fan and he has enough credit for one bad game to be overlooked in my opinion.

Johnson appears a very single minded bloke with an attitude of "my way or the ***king highway" and I wouldn't mind betting we see Weale between the sticks on Saturday vs. Port Vale. He probably IS a good keeper but no matter, it will take a [crucial] game or two for the defence to adapt to his style and how many bad goals will he have to let in before Basso can win his place back ?

Call me a cynic but to quote Keegan's once famous outburst, "I'd really love it if we beat ..." I wonder if inwardly Johnson has been thinking "I'd really love it if Basso drops a clanger[as long as it doesn't cost us the game] then I can bring in my preferred goalkeeper, Chris Weale".

Basso was at fault for at least one of the goals yesterday but I am a fan and he has enough credit for one bad game to be overlooked in my opinion.

Johnson appears a very single minded bloke with an attitude of "my way or the ***king highway" and I wouldn't mind betting we see Weale between the sticks on Saturday vs. Port Vale. He probably IS a good keeper but no matter, it will take a [crucial] game or two for the defence to adapt to his style and how many bad goals will he have to let in before Basso can win his place back ?

What you on about? Hasn't Johnson kept faith with basso before when he went through a bad run of mistakes

I did wonder about that myself, especially when he said he would have words with Basso.

Personally I thought he was left badly exposed by a wicked deflection for the first goal and the left side of our defence should take a large part of the blame for the 2nd. If you gave most players 5/10 seconds to cross the ball unchallenged I think they would come up with a pretty good cross, and it was a pretty good cross.

I did wonder about that myself, especially when he said he would have words with Basso.

Personally I thought he was left badly exposed by a wicked deflection for the first goal and the left side of our defence should take a large part of the blame for the 2nd. If you gave most players 5/10 seconds to cross the ball unchallenged I think they would come up with a pretty good cross, and it was a pretty good cross.

if he has sorted out his wall properly and not left a great big hole for the ball to slip through on the first goal, the deflection wouldn't have mattered/happened.

as for the 2nd, he came flying out a missed it completely

Johnson appears a very single minded bloke with an attitude of "my way or the ***king highway"

Where has this "My way or the highway" = Johnson concept come from?

Has Johnson ever actually said "my wsy or the highway"?

Hasn't Johnson given Carey, Brooker, Scott Brown all a chance to prove him wrong?

Hasn't he kept Keith Millen on rather than bring in his own assistant?

I agree that he's very strong-willed, but the phrase "my way or the highway" is becoming an extremely boring caricature of his personality. If it's from something he said, understandable, otherwise it just paints him as an obnoxious chappie. Which I suspect is why people use that phrase.

The goal that he was at fault for wasn't his only mistake of the game, he also did a terrible attempted clearance kick that went straight to a Bournemouth player and we were lucky he missed the resulting shot. I don't think those 2 mistakes ( even though he had very little to do ) warrant his dropping but a few more errors like those in the next few games will put CW in the managers thoughts.

Johnson would be mad to drop Basso after the season he has had. I have faith in GJ, he is not blind.

did anyone see weale's right foot kicking in the warm up yesterday?? Deary me. :noexpression:

Xmas greetings from Yeovil

Wealey is a great shot stopper and good at one on ones. Kicking from hand is terrible from either foot. Kicking from ground on left foot is good.

If Wealey has to kick from ground from right foot expect it to a, hit the opposition forward b, not reach the end of his own box c, go straight into the stand d, miss it altogether

have a good new year

GJ, rotated keepers all the time at Yeovil. I think he would have done it here last season except that SP went off and pouted as opposed to working harder. I suspect that Basso will get dropped at some point, I also expect him to work hard and get back in there.

GJ did not rotate his keepers, Weale was always his No1 and was never out for long following injury or suspension. 1st game of last season saw Collis play in the defeat at Oldham, Collis was dropped for an error and is alledged to have asked GJ why he had been dropped but not Lee Johnson who had also made an error that led to a goal.

In short, expect to see CW in goal soon.

GJ did not rotate his keepers, Weale was always his No1 and was never out for long following injury or suspension. 1st game of last season saw Collis play in the defeat at Oldham, Collis was dropped for an error and is alledged to have asked GJ why he had been dropped but not Lee Johnson who had also made an error that led to a goal.

In short, expect to see CW in goal soon.

And expect to see Lee Johnson never dropped?

Guest mesa boogie
extremely boring caricature of his personality.

delboy.jpg

Anyway....

Of course Squeeky has his favourites, why did he bring in Mini-Johnson, Weale and Jevons? I would stick with Basso if I was Johnson but it remains to see if he will.

Archived