IGNORED

Team News

Rich

Why don't we, the supporters get any information about team selection when we are in the stadium? I get fed up of the number of times I need to ask, why this player or that player isn't playing and nobody seems to know, don't they trust us with the info, or aren't we important?

Why don't we, the supporters get any information about team selection when we are in the stadium? I get fed up of the number of times I need to ask, why this player or that player isn't playing and nobody seems to know, don't they trust us with the info, or aren't we important?

The team sheet is delivered and then announced in the DEH approx 30 mins before each game.Then the teams are announced over the PA system.

Usually its after the game that we find out why players aren't in the squad ect ect.

The team sheet is delivered and then announced in the DEH approx 30 mins before each game.Then the teams are announced over the PA system.

Usually its after the game that we find out why players aren't in the squad ect ect.

I know the procedure of announcing the teams. What I don't understand is why they don't announce over the PA system if a player is injured and not playing, leaving people to speculate on their ommision.

I know the procedure of announcing the teams. What I don't understand is why they don't announce over the PA system if a player is injured and not playing, leaving people to speculate on their ommision.

because perhaps, the manager has more important things to do like prepare the team rather than making sure the PA mans knows the details of each injured player, personally if I'm that interested as to why someone isn't playing I just check the website on my mobile

because perhaps, the manager has more important things to do like prepare the team rather than making sure the PA mans knows the details of each injured player, personally if I'm that interested as to why someone isn't playing I just check the website on my mobile

As pointed out before the team is posted well before the match.The club know if a player is unfit. Why can't it let the fans know over the PA, not everyone has access to the club site, and that's only if they put the info on it. I'm not suggesting Gary Johnson comes onto the pitch to discuss selection .

A fair point on injured players, and there is a solution.

Looking at other club sites, I notice some of them have a heading for injured or banned players. The news is updated every day or so, keeping the fans informed of the players condition. The same players we are paying for.

I for one believe we should be kept informed, its our money paying the bill ! Perhaps every second day, an update from the club doctor or physio under the heading of " Injured players ".

A fair point on injured players, and there is a solution.

Looking at other club sites, I notice some of them have a heading for injured or banned players. The news is updated every day or so, keeping the fans informed of the players condition. The same players we are paying for.

I for one believe we should be kept informed, its our money paying the bill ! Perhaps every second day, an update from the club doctor or physio under the heading of " Injured players ".

this has been mentioned before, all it does is alert other clubs to injury information for the club, personally I agree that we should be giving other clubs as little information as possibly regarding players injuries and whether they will be fit or not,

the only people to benefit from this is other clubs,

this has been mentioned before, all it does is alert other clubs to injury information for the club, personally I agree that we should be giving other clubs as little information as possibly regarding players injuries and whether they will be fit or not,

the only people to benefit from this is other clubs,

Yes to a degree, but we the fans benefit as well. We have a squad of 20+, so an injured player being serious or likely to be available, does not mean selection. If the club wish to be a little covert on an importent player's condition, the situation can be worded obliquely. For instance, Brooker is still troubled by a thigh strain, but could take a part in the match. The manager will make a decision shortly before kick off. Thats not the main thrust, I for one would like to know about Brown, Keogh, Artus and any other fringe players that go missing for a few weeks.

Its not like 50 years ago when we had weekly reserve matches. They usually played the alternate saturday at the gate, then we got to see all the players on a regular basis. We are both old enough to remember those good old days, but reserve games nowadays are getting less coverage than the 18's on the main site. Anyway, I and others would like to know, but if its club policy to keep the information closeted, then there's not a lot can be done except state an opinion.

Archived