IGNORED

10 Years Of The Forum

Dave L

I see that 2007 marks the tenth aniversary of this forum in its various guises. That's almost a fifth of my life I've wasted on here.

I wonder what the most often repeated thread title has been? There are quite a few that seem to have cropped up with depressing regularity.

Ward/Lennartson/Fawthrop/Wilson/Tinnion/Johnson/Davidson/Laycock/Lansdown* out (*delete as applicable)

Give us back the East End

Attendance on Saturday

Disgrace to the Shirt

Trouble after the Match

New Striker?

I also started thinking about some of my favourite posters down the years, some of whom sadly no longer post; not necessarily ones I always agree with, but vital, must-read contributors all the same who have made me laugh, nod in agreement and seethe with rage in equal measure. So here they are, in no particular order and with apologies to anyone I've forgotten about: Kustard, BTR_FTG, Godzilla, Tomarse/Tom F, Edson, Red Top, Richie B, Neo, Red Goblin, Potbelly, Malone FM, Cidergliders, Bristol Boy, Madger, Red Un, Red M, Badger, Nibor, Robbored and no doubt many others, some of whom will no doubt add to this thread by asking why I didn't include them.

Kustard, whatever happened to him?

10 years! oh how I feel I have wasted my life, alot has changed since the early forum, still remember the old "Rovers/City Forum" which was pure comedy and the early Rivals when RobF ran it,

scary how things have changed over that time! the only thing I can be thankfull of is not being fat!

Kustard, whatever happened to him?

He was a she I think you'll find :whistle2:

I relised sometime in December that it was coming up to ten years. It's a shame its not quite how it used to be, but thats just a reflection on the way the web has changed in the past 10 years too. At least people haven't made themselves a career from this forum... bugger, best get my coat then..

The old forum archives can still be found lurking here:

http://old.otib.co.uk/

I have some really really old ones too, going back to 1998, which I could dig out if anyones really really wanting to read them :ph34r:

10 years?

Makes me wonder what it'll be like in 10 years time... Will we still be wanting the Eastend? Will we still be without a left winger/fit goal scorer? How much will the pies be??? :noexpression:

And MrL, you aren't as prolific as you once were, the demise of the forum is all your fault!!! ;)

Yes, what ever happened to BTR_FTG?

One of the most insightful and eloquent posters ever to grace this forum.

I've got to agree with Big Nose on that, BTR_FTG really was eloquent in all matters BCFC and highly intelligent. Whatever happened to him/her?

DaveL, did you write part of the script for the last episode of the Doctor Who spin off series 'Torchwood'? Twas great to see 3 russet coated soldiers of His Most Republican Excellency - Oliver Cromwell - coming through a time warp to the present day. :clapping: Then they started taking shots with their muskets at the Royalist Gestapo Police - excellent stuff. :clapping: Couldn't have written it better myself. :clapping:

Guest MaloneFM

Whatever happened to MaloneFM? Silly old sod usually couldn't find his way out of Sainsburys let alone his way around a forum?

Pardon?

Congratulations on 100 years of hits Sir Cliff.

I now declare this Lidl store open :clapping:

Whatever happened to MaloneFM? Silly old sod usually couldn't find his way out of Sainsburys let alone his way around a forum?

Pardon?

Congratulations on 100 years of hits Sir Cliff.

I now declare this Lidl store open :clapping:

ALBUM · All Mod Cons (1978)

TITLE David Watts, by The Jam

I've changed the lyrics from 'David Watts' to 'MaloneFM' as a tribute to our very own Pimm's sipping maestro of chat :chant6ez: ......

I am a dull and simple lad

Cannot tell water from champagne

And I have never met the Queen

And I wish I could have all he has got -

I wish I could be like MaloneFM

And when I lie on my pillow at night

I dream I could fight like MaloneFM

And lead the school team to victory

Take my exams and pass the lot

He is the head boy at the school

He is the captain of the team

His is so gay and fancy free

And I wish I could have all the money he's got

And all the girls in the neighbourhood

Try to go out with MaloneFM

They try their best but can't succeed

For he is of pure and noble creed

Guest MaloneFM
I'm too chicken5h1t to post on subcider, Malone.

:yes:

Look if you want your uncle Roger to look after you until you get settled in then pm me and I will keep the scum at bay with my usual wit and threats of random violence

Which is a bit like being a tree and living in a forest.

Only in terms of it's environmental appropriateness - habitat - does your analogy hold water old man, in terms of having bark, leaves, branches and other such treey type qualities it doesn't really work very well at all.

Just to save any confusion that may now have infiltrated the head of anyone reading...

I'm too chicken5h1t to post on subcider, Malone.

:yes:

Just use the C word an unneccessary high amount of the time, nice an abusive like, try your upmost not to make constructive, intelligent comment - you'll be fine...

Guest MaloneFM
Just use the C word an unneccessary high amount of the time, nice an abusive like, try your upmost not to make constructive, intelligent comment - you'll be fine...

Get stuffed you stupid hippy carrot! You are talking like a carrot.

Or suchlike.

Guest MaloneFM
Well you've really gone and hurt my feelings now old man, I'll be seeing you this day next week...(hang on, that doesn't work does it...?)..

Works for me old sausage. Which at my age is about the only thing that does.....oh Rog you CARD!!! AH HA HA HA HAAA! :laugh:

Count me in as well for more forum nostalgia. Come on then TomF give us the link - please, pretty please. :sun:

See link in Toms post up above; noted East End posts 8 years ago now; can we have it back; no you cant because........... :shutup:

ALBUM · All Mod Cons (1978)

TITLE David Watts, by The Jam

I've changed the lyrics from 'David Watts' to 'MaloneFM' as a tribute to our very own Pimm's sipping maestro of chat :chant6ez: ......

I am a dull and simple lad

Cannot tell water from champagne

And I have never met the Queen

And I wish I could have all he has got -

And when I lie on my pillow at night

I dream I could fight like MaloneFM

And lead the school team to victory

Take my exams and pass the lot

He is the head boy at the school

He is the captain of the team

His is so gay and fancy free

And I wish I could have all the money he's got

And all the girls in the neighbourhood

Try to go out with MaloneFM

They try their best but can't succeed

For he is of pure and noble creed

Don`t wish to be pedantic, my old republican mucker, but "David Watts" was originally a track by The Kinks. The Jam just covered it (rather well, actually). Let`s all storm the Winter Palace!

I miss WillsbridgeRed's non fotty forum posts, he was a great fisherman, Neo, RichieB and Edson to name a few aslo are missed by lots of us. :blush:

:fish:

Shucks. Thanks darling. Your din-dins are in the oven, i'll be upstairs waxing my clumps awaiting your arrival. :shocking:

Don`t wish to be pedantic, my old republican mucker, but "David Watts" was originally a track by The Kinks. The Jam just covered it (rather well, actually). Let`s all storm the Winter Palace!

Blimey, the Kinks would be going back to my nappy days so I wouldn't remember their version of "David Watts". :farmer:

The Jam's version of "David Watts" from 1978 reminds me of City in the top flight and me wondering how the hell I was going to get a girlfriend as I had so many spots. :shutup:

For all the young lads reading this - listen to the Jam's version of David Watts - it really is a timeless classic.

Blimey, the Kinks would be going back to my nappy days so I wouldn't remember their version of "David Watts". :farmer:

The Jam's version of "David Watts" from 1978 reminds me of City in the top flight and me wondering how the hell I was going to get a girlfriend as I had so many spots. :shutup:

For all the young lads reading this - listen to the Jam's version of David Watts - it really is a timeless classic.

Nah, the kinks version was better.

Nah, the kinks version was better.

I just downloaded the version by The Kinks. Perhaps MaloneFM - as head boy - could give us his opinion as to which is the best version. :clapping:

Dave L, I bet you didn't expect your topic to take this discussional route - that's been the beauty of this forum in my opinion - read up on 'Chaos Theory' :whistle2:

I just downloaded the version by The Kinks. Perhaps MaloneFM - as head boy - could give us his opinion as to which is the best version. :clapping:

Dave L, I bet you didn't expect your topic to take this discussional route - that's been the beauty of this forum in my opinion - read up on 'Chaos Theory' :whistle2:

Chaos rools my republican buddy, as always............ :shifty:

Archived