IGNORED

An End To The Myth

Nogbad the Bad

According to postings on the gas site it was not just the team who embarrassed Bristol Rovers today.

Reports of Rovers fans fighting in Yeovil from 11.30a.m, a number of pubs being "done over", more fighting at half time and Rovers fans attempting to get on the pitch.

With the front page headlines and editorial condemnation that the slightest misdemeanour from City fans inevitably brings, and the well known fact that Bristol Rovers is a Family Club, it will be interesting to see what the Evening Post makes of this.

Not alot i reckon, after all there's a myth to be perpetuated. ;)

Of course not forgetting if they do print a story, they're sure to rope City into it somehow.

Headline......'Bristol City in Yeovil Riot while Rovers (the family club) fans looked on' ... blaming the fact we played Friday night and didn't have a game. I would not be at all surprised to read something along those lines.

plus, 100 left at half time & many more followed way before the end - what happened to the "loyal support" that's supposed to separate our clubs?

apparently started on LW as well, so from MOTM the other week to just a ****head now!

Your're absolutly right though, none of this will appear in that rag tomorrow - in fact I got so sick of the heavily gas bias reporting I cancelled the thing - vote with your pocket!

I don't buy any of the rubbish produced from the Northcliffe group, WDP, Evil #### Post, Greenun, it's all run by bullyboy stuffed shirts management who wouldn't know what a good story was, lets face it, the WDP is supposed to be a flag ship paper for the west country, yet turn to the sports pages and you will see full page articles of Arsenal and Man utd stories and a paragraph of local sport, so don't be surprised to not see anything about the trouble at Yeovil. But of course they printed that story on the supposed "Eastend hooligans" a while back, do yourselves a favour, do what I do, don't but the drivel, hopefully then they will start producing a better rag, or fingers crossed, go out of business. The only time you see them give us any coverage is when we went to Cardiff last year, then they printed more about the pub fights.

On a seperate note, I do feel sorry for the gas at the moment, Geoff Dunford spilling his heart out on their forum, losing to Yeovil, their caretaker manager considering his future, and through it all, those Gasheads still turn out for their team week after week and give maximum support, top marks to them for that, shame that the Grayman repaid their faith and loyalty with the biggest pile of cack on the playing front, I mean he must have brought in about 3 teams worth of players and still couldn't find a good one. ;)

Perhaps the EP will cover the Gas and Yeovil trouble - but make it clear that most of the trouble was probably caused by renegade BCFC supporters(not wearing any club colours) who went down to Yeovil just to start trouble as City weren't playing.........

Perhaps the EP will cover the Gas and Yeovil trouble - but make it clear that most of the trouble was probably caused by renegade BCFC supporters(not wearing any club colours) who went down to Yeovil just to start trouble as City weren't playing.........
I wish I had thought of that in my post ;)

Of course not forgetting if they do print a story, they're sure to rope City into it somehow.

Headline......'Bristol City in Yeovil Riot while Rovers (the family club) fans looked on' ... blaming the fact we played Friday night and didn't have a game. I would not be at all surprised to read something along those lines.

Yes, i had thought of that, something along the lines of:

The violent troublemakers who wreaked havoc in the pubs and terrorised the good people of Yeovil on Saturday appear to have been rogue coachloads of vicious, brawling, drunken skinheads with Bristol City tatoos.

The smiling grannies, gurgling babies, and friendly, hearty hand shaking loyal fans of Bristol Rovers, who supported their team to the hilt and sang "Irene" to the bitter end were shocked that the Red City Thugs had disgraced Bristol once again.

One friendly Rovers fan, in between congratulating passing Yeovil fans, said, " No Rovers fans whatsoever were involved in the trouble. My whole family are disgusted that rampaging Bristol City Hooligans have besmirched the good name of Bristol once again."

The old chap in the smart Blue and White quartered shirt shook his head and continued, "It is well known that Bristol Rovers is a Family Club with friendly fans and always has been. We do not want to be associated in any way with these mindless thugs from Bristol City."

BRISTOL CITY fans are all loonys that go around wearing balaclavas and a yellow marigold on one hand.........how the hell are they capable of causing trouble. They're too busy enjoying themselves to fight!

"JUMP AROUND, WE'RE HAVING A LAUGH

JUMP AROUND, WE LOVE CITY" ;) :Wave: :D :Wave: :( :Wave: :( :Wave: :D :Wave: :D :Wave: :D :Wave: :D :Wave: :clap: :Wave:

Guest DrFaustus
Apparently 100 of them left at half time ready to start fights with everyone and anyone, or so it says on their forum, but that'll be the only place it does say it!  ;)
No. Around 200 of us left at half time or just after. There was no trouble anywhere in town before the game and apparently none after.

Let's not spoil your stories with facts though eh?

Yes, i had thought of that, something along the lines of:

The violent troublemakers who wreaked havoc in the pubs and terrorised the good people of Yeovil on Saturday appear to have been rogue coachloads of vicious, brawling, drunken skinheads with Bristol City tatoos.

The smiling grannies, gurgling babies, and friendly, hearty hand shaking loyal fans of Bristol Rovers, who supported their team to the hilt and sang "Irene" to the bitter end were shocked that the Red City Thugs had disgraced Bristol once again.

One friendly Rovers fan, in between congratulating passing Yeovil fans, said, " No Rovers fans whatsoever were involved in the trouble. My whole family are disgusted that rampaging Bristol City Hooligans have besmirched the good name of Bristol once again."

The old chap in the smart Blue and White quartered shirt shook his head and continued, "It is well known that Bristol Rovers is a Family Club with friendly fans and always has been. We do not want to be associated in any way with these mindless thugs from Bristol City."

good people of Yeovil ??????? i've worked down there a few times

on the night and they are quite capable of smashing their own pubs

up without much help from the gas, but it takes 2 to tango ;)

Archived