IGNORED

Tickets Are Just Too Expensive

Barrs Court Red

I've been trying to arrange for a group of mates, mainly non City fans to attend the Tranmere game. Unfortunately non really fancy forking out £19 to watch division 3 football.

Now I know this seems to be near on par for this division in terms of price, but considering the size of our stadium would it not make more sense to try and fill the thing, using lower prices would certainly go along way to achieving this.

Is this just my mates being fussy, or have others had the same problem when trying to persuade mates to a match, only to be turned down because of price.

tickets are too expensive because the players earn too much money. havent read the full thread, but bet its full of people who agree, and bet some of those people also think we should have kept Marcus 'pay me £5500 per week and i'll get you 9 goals a season' Stewart...

none of them are worth the money they earn. not even Brooker. And we have to foot the bill.

I have a friend who has just moved to Bristol and as he was without a football team, he decided he wanted to support City...until I told him how much tickets were. I'm sure theres plenty of casual fans like this who are put off by prices...and its not just about getting bums on seats, its about recruiting potential fans for the future too. How many Dads will be unable to take their children to games now???

Sadly, the UK is overpriced fullstop....its not just football, its public transport, house prices, etc....

I'm off to the states at the end of this month...$400 a month rent and $20 to watch the Chicago Cubs!! Bargain!! :city:

I have a friend who has just moved to Bristol and as he was without a football team, he decided he wanted to support City...until I told him how much tickets were. I'm sure theres plenty of casual fans like this who are put off by prices...

Completely agree. I had a friend who moved down from Leeds years ago and although he is a Leeds supporter he used to come along with us and watch City quite regularly. Mind you it was easy for me to sell the club to him then as we had the likes of Andy Cole and Dziekanowski playing up front for us then and the price was half of what it is now. Good value for money.

I struggle to convince him these days that its worth spending £22 quid or so on watching us. Although we are having a reletively successful season - it's all a little uneasy on the eye for your average neutral footy fan.

I don't think its expensive at all. I get a season ticket every year and it works out about £12-£13 per game. Not a bad price IMHO.

Well if you can attend every game then it is the cheapest way of watching, unfortunately many many people cant do this and have to pay on the day.

£23 for a 3rd tier game is very expensive. The football league either address the reality of it or will watch many clubs die off. I favour a wage cap or the alternative of regionalisation of division 3 and 4 and these localised teams must have at least 5 players developed by them in the squad.

I'm no longer bothered about attending games at £23 a go, I'm sure I'm not alone. And before anyone says it, I pay on the day, always have and always will and so will the older generation, I wont put my debit card details into an internet site nor will I give them to a stranger over the phone and dropping into the ground 50 miles out of my way before the day is not can option.

I have not got a season ticket anymore due to cash reasons, and go to about half of the home games.

I have been taking a mate of mine who is from London and supports Arsenal (sad I know) but loves football and signs and supports the city. I have no doubt if tickets were cheaper he would come to every game, but he only comes every now and again. He has told me as much!

I have not got a season ticket anymore due to cash reasons, and go to about half of the home games.

I have been taking a mate of mine who is from London and supports Arsenal (sad I know) but loves football and signs and supports the city. I have no doubt if tickets were cheaper he would come to every game, but he only comes every now and again. He has told me as much!

Presumably he can never afford to watch Arsenal then?

One of my brothers left Bristol for London almost 30 years ago and disgracefully took to supporting Chelsea.

He pays £50+ per game to watch them, even in a part of the ground with the worst view.

He can't believe i watch live football for less than £14 per game, and that City fans moan about the prices at AG.

Presumably he can never afford to watch Arsenal then?

One of my brothers left Bristol for London almost 30 years ago and disgracefully took to supporting Chelsea.

He pays £50+ per game to watch them, even in a part of the ground with the worst view.

He can't believe i watch live football for less than £14 per game, and that City fans moan about the prices at AG.

Show me where I can pay £14 to watch City without buying a season ticket?

Show me where I can pay £14 to watch City without buying a season ticket?

I've never said you can.

Point is if you find watching City too expensive now then you've knocked it on the head for life.

The price will go up in leaps and bounds as City climb the Leagues.

That's the time i might be priced out.

I didn't really want to start a debate on the merits of season ticket prices, I was trying to make a point that casual football supporters are put off from attending the odd game when the likes of me try and arrange something. I have a season ticket and can't knock the value, but I don't think my mates are suddenly going to become season ticket holders over night.....

I didn't really want to start a debate on the merits of season ticket prices, I was trying to make a point that casual football supporters are put off from attending the odd game when the likes of me try and arrange something. I have a season ticket and can't knock the value, but I don't think my mates are suddenly going to become season ticket holders over night.....

I s'pose that's why those 'get a mate in for a tenner' deals that go on are quite worthwhile.

Problem is: a bit like boxing day in front of 14000+, the Football and the matchday experiance as a whole sampled on a particularly poor day would be completely detremental.

My biggest problem in trying to entice mates and any dissaffected back is not so much the price but the frankly shite product on offer.

Archived