IGNORED

Police Today

Meh

1,000 odd Millwall fans and about 300 police in riot gear, in helicopters, on horse, with dogs etc. etc.

Today, 3,000+ Coventry fans let out at the same time with about 50 police around. 4 of which were dividing the Coventry fans they let out the back of the EE, who were chanting intimidatary songs towards the City fans coming out the Dolman going towards the Winterstoke.

4 more police quickly arrived by literally pushing City fans out of the way. No exageration in that statement at all; it was disgusting.

I'm presuming it went up all over Ashton today; not really a surprise when stupid, ill-advised decisions are taken. Did the police not notice passions were reaching a high towards the end?

and good point neo.

the fact that sexton has stated opening the EE to us would cost so much money for policing is a joke.

a full EE and normal matchday OB on the scene.

Today is another example that should be bought up with drasey/sexton next time someone has a chance.

1,000 odd Millwall fans and about 300 police in riot gear, in helicopters, on horse, with dogs etc. etc.

Today, 3,000+ Coventry fans let out at the same time with about 50 police around. 4 of which were dividing the Coventry fans they let out the back of the EE, who were chanting intimidatary songs towards the City fans coming out the Dolman going towards the Winterstoke.

4 more police quickly arrived by literally pushing City fans out of the way. No exageration in that statement at all; it was disgusting.

I'm presuming it went up all over Ashton today; not really a surprise when stupid, ill-advised decisions are taken. Did the police not notice passions were reaching a high towards the end?

Neo,

To beat the custodians of law and disorder, to the comment: "Your comments Are Noted"

These useless barstewards do nothing but alienate the law abiding citizen. sounds like the *ahem* "good Old Days" re-visited.

AND...Coventry fans in the Williams doing hospitality, nearly landed themselves in hospital :ranting:

No they didn't. Bristol City fans nearly landed them in hospital. Well done, lads. You must be proud of yourself. One of them was grabbed around the throat by a yob.

I hope those who think it's funny, or that away fans bring it on themselves by supporting their team from areas set aside for them, realise that this is exactly the sort of behaviour that makes opening the East End a non-starter. Too many of our fans simply can't be trusted, and proved it today.

No they didn't. Bristol City fans nearly landed them in hospital. Well done, lads. You must be proud of yourself. One of them was grabbed around the throat by a yob.

I hope those who think it's funny, or that away fans bring it on themselves by supporting their team from areas set aside for them, realise that this is exactly the sort of behaviour that makes opening the East End a non-starter. Too many of our fans simply can't be trusted, and proved it today.

So the Williams is now for away fans as well now eh? :disapointed2se:

So the Williams is now for away fans as well now eh? :disapointed2se:

They were not in the hospitality area seating, mixing quite happily with City fans in there having paid £82 a head for the privilege. I was in there too, in a mixed group with a Coventry fan among us. We wanted to sit together, so we sat in the hospitality area.

Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went for the Coventry fans?

They were not in the hospitality area seating, mixing quite happily with City fans in there having paid £82 a head for the privilege. I was in there too, in a mixed group with a Coventry fan among us. We wanted to sit together, so we sat in the hospitality area.

Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went for the Coventry fans?

When in Rome do as the Romans do; sit down shut up is fine but don't rub noses in it if you are sat in the same area.

I would expect the same if I sat in the middle of any home area and made myself "known"

When in Rome do as the Romans do; sit down shut up is fine but don't rub noses in it if you are sat in the same area.

I would expect the same if I sat in the middle of any home area and made myself "known"

They'd paid their money, the club knew they were Coventry fans, they were in an area where they had permission to be and where fans of both teams can mix, and they were behaving themselves. I did not see them taunt anyone or do anything other than celebrate their team's goals.

I'll ask it again: Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went out of their way to go for Coventry fans?

I ask the question because Rocky's statement concerns me. Coventry fans did not nearly put themselves in hospital. BRISTOL CITY fans nearly did. If you think that's okay or that they were asking for it then I'd be interested to hear your argument.

As far as I'm concerned it just demonstrates why a few knuckle-draggers who follow our team can't be trusted in the East End.

They'd paid their money, the club knew they were Coventry fans, they were in an area where they had permission to be and where fans of both teams can mix, and they were behaving themselves. I did not see them taunt anyone or do anything other than celebrate their team's goals.

I'll ask it again: Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went out of their way to go for Coventry fans?

I ask the question because Rocky's statement concerns me. Coventry fans did not nearly put themselves in hospital. BRISTOL CITY fans nearly did. If you think that's okay or that they were asking for it then I'd be interested to hear your argument.

As far as I'm concerned it just demonstrates why a few knuckle-draggers who follow our team can't be trusted in the East End.

i was sat in the williams. when cov scored their goals there were three or four amongst the 30 that turned round making V and W signs to all the city fans. if they got a hiding then they deserved it. if any of the others who just celebrated their teams goal were intimidated then it was out of order. as simple as that. i don't mind people celebrating their teams goals and cheering their team on but if someone turns round and starts goading me with v signs and such alike then they deserve a sl@p.

i wanted to do it myself but didnt want to be banned from AG.

I'll ask it again: Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went out of their way to go for Coventry fans? All they had to do was be quite and all would of been fine

Your funny and a bit of a :fish:

Only if you've got the money - sickening is n't it .

Harry May

This club now openly operates a class based system of segregation. Firstly, long standing BCFC supporters have been evicted from their seats in the Williams stand to make way for the corporate plutocrats in a 'Premier Seat' area. Now the club are insisting that segregation should be disregarded if the away supporter has enough money to buy a corporate seat in the Williams stand. How stupid. :disapointed2se:

This club now openly operates a class based system of segregation. Firstly, long standing BCFC supporters have been evicted from their seats in the Williams stand to make way for the corporate plutocrats in a 'Premier Seat' area. Now the club are insisting that segregation should be disregarded if the away supporter has enough money to buy a corporate seat in the Williams stand. How stupid. :disapointed2se:

All football clubs operate at class or money based system of segregation and always have done, as does pretty much every spectator sport going right back to the days of the Coliseum. It happens the moment you charge more money to get into one part of the ground than another.

All football clubs operate at class or money based system of segregation and always have done, as does pretty much every spectator sport going right back to the days of the Coliseum. It happens the moment you charge more money to get into one part of the ground than another.

I don't believe you. By your argument away supporters could buy their way into the Millwall End en masse at the New Den. :shocking:

Get over yourself.

If the club risk mixing fans together there is bound to be some trouble at some point. Rule number 1, if your in the home section and your team score don't jump up and give the finger to others around you or you're likely to get hurt. The club warn visiting supporters in the hospitality section before the match to tone it down because they are in a home section of the ground. Thats right, it's a home section not a neutral section.

And your east end point is laughable, there would be two whole blocks of segregation between home and away fans, I know you make your living out of sensationalism in the media but your not kidding anyone on this one. Prat.

Get over yourself.

If the club risk mixing fans together there is bound to be some trouble at some point. Rule number 1, if your in the home section and your team score don't jump up and give the finger to others around you or you're likely to get hurt. The club warn visiting supporters in the hospitality section before the match to tone it down because they are in a home section of the ground. Thats right, it's a home section not a neutral section.

And your east end point is laughable, there would be two whole blocks of segregation between home and away fans, I know you make your living out of sensationalism in the media but your not kidding anyone on this one. Prat.

So I will ask you the same question: Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went out of their way to go for Coventry fans?

Get over yourself.

I'm just wondering if RedTop has been bribed into making that post by this club's hierarchy in return for a hospitality seat. I'm not sure what the Football Association will make of the situation with so many away supporters allowed in the home stand.

I don't believe you.

What bit don't you believe, RG? That clubs sell tickets to differing parts of the ground at different prices, depending on amenities and views, or that this constitutes a class/money-based segregation system?

I'd have thought that point was non-contentious, personally.

What bit don't you believe, RG? That clubs sell tickets to differing parts of the ground at different prices, depending on amenities and views, or that this constitutes a class/money-based segregation system?

I'd have thought that point was non-contentious, personally.

Just to clear up any confusion - my real issue is with the fact that the BCFC hierarchy have now seen fit to sell so many tickets to away supporters in our home end. Basically, the club is most definately operating a class/money-based segregation system whereby an away supporter can now buy a ticket - at a considerable price - in our home end.

Seems to be a stupid situation for the club to set up though (or rather allow) -that said if the worst happened & someone did get hurt would the club be laying itself open to a possible compensation claim for damages -based on negligence? just a thought..

Any fans who get wound up by a handful of rival fans who obviously pose no physical threat to themselves are being a bit neanderthal though imo, idiots who take rivalry beyond good old fashioned banter are just that -idiots .. they aint doing themselves justice -to most people they just look stupid, further more a handful of ####s acting 'hard' threaten to undo all the hard work done by genuine City fans to get the East End reopened.. that s#it belongs in the past move on and grow up. Be much better to sing yer hearts out ignoring a few mouthy outsiders & drowning 'em out completely... that would deminish their desire to sit there in the first place, make 'em uncomfortable in the best way, if they cant provoke you & get ignored they'll soon pi$$ off & sit with their own mob next time.

Still a dumb move by the club though.. if it upsets not only grassroots fans but their much courted Corporate Prem Club members too.. like someone else said, why couldnt they be housed in a designated away section with passes to enter the hospitality areas before/halftime & after the game.

And as it seems the stewards routinely over zealously perform their duties elsewhere in the ground for minor things then they should apply the same standards with visiting hospitality 'guests' too.. make it clear whats not acceptable & kick em out -no matter what theyve paid.

So I will ask you the same question: Are you suggesting there is any excuse for the behaviour of those idiots who went out of their way to go for Coventry fans?

Those that went for the Coventry supporters felt justified in doing so, I wasn't there, but if those fans felt they were being taunted then yes I don't blame them. I personally don't like to see it but those Williams supporters are the ones who experienced the taunting and felt it necessary to act because the stewards weren't obviously acting for them.

And your east end point was totally unnecessary, it has nothing to do with the east end, it's people like you who continue to put doubts into the minds of the board when the slightest little bit of trouble kicks off.

The east end project would be segregated not mixed, it's only come about by a group of supporters trying to get an atmosphere back at AG, you know that, but you couldn't help but have a little dig.

Personally I don't think that it is acceptable to fight with anyone at a football match and it's not something that I would have any interest in doing. However I think it is ridiculous that Bristol City are allowing away fans to sit in the home end. This is naive profiteering for several reasons:

1. It annoys home fans in the Premium seating who have paid a lot of money and then have to have away fans celebrating in front of them (Three of us were toying with buying Premier seats next season, but today we decided not to, as it would annoy us to be surrounded by away fans). There is no worse feeling than when the away team score and it is bad enough having to witness celebrations from afar, but to have your nose rubbed in it in your own stand is not acceptable.

2. Same as above for fans in other areas of the Williams (this was very evident today).

3. It is absolutely inevitable that this is going to tip over into trouble at some point. Of course it is wrong, but it is inevitable. Why create this situation?

A lot of fans in the Williams stand were very annoyed today and I think that the club have underestimated the strength of feeling on this one. If the Premier seating isn't as successful as hoped then the club should look at prices and other factors, but should not further alienate fans in that area.

In answer to RedTop's question: No it is not excusable for fans to behave in that way. However it is very naive of away fans sat in the home end to celebrate. I blame the club for putting them in that position and to a lesser extent the away fans themselves for not exercising some common sense.

GrenadaRed.. if what you say about changing your mind along with two others about the Premier seats is genuine (which no doubt it is) then it might be a good idea to let Sexton know about it... some his decisions are possibly costing the club bigtime -I'm sure he's only too happy to hear praise of his intiatives - he should be prepared to hear of financial clangers too. It's unlikely that complaints from 'bog standard' fans will make much difference but its pretty certain that money talks in Mr Sextons world!.. & stories like yours could indeed bring about a policy change.

If you sit in the home section, be that the corporate bit or not, surely it's common sense that you keep quiet. While I don't condone physical violence in this situation, anyone stupid enough to draw attention to themselves must know what to expect. My Dad has told me of the time watching City at Old Trafford in the 70's, and having to sit in the home end. When City scored, both he & his mate jumped up, only to quickly find themselves at the mercy of a large group of irate Mancs. Needless to say, he didn't ever do it again.

Lansdown will no doubt try and use today's events as reason not to open the East End. Personally I don't believe that it should have a bearing on that decision, but inevitably it will.

Ha ha. That's a good one, RG. :fish:

So just to clarefy, you are dropping your point regarding the East End in all this?

Also, by the Club's (and your logic) should The Premier Club not be closed to home fans? Does seem rather unsavoury all this I have to say and far worse than anything I witnessed during the recent opening of The East End.

Red Top, you are correct, there is no excuse for it.

However, in your previous post you have confused this incident with the desire of law-abiding citizens such as myself to have the EE opened for City fans.

In fact, following the logic of the club, who refuse to open the EE for fear of "trouble" by the "sort of person" that wants to go in there, it is the PremSeating/hospitality area which should be closed.

Furthermore, the Coventry fans in the PremSeating/hospitality should have been ejected for entering the home area. I believe that is what happened to some City fans at Cheltenham, for example.

And I would think that the club should investigate your part in encouraging them in there.

Archived